Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Sleepyhead Problem w/Data
Sleepyhead Problem w/Data
I just had 9 days of data disappear!

When I launched Sleepyhead today, it only had 1 day of data. There should have been 9 days of data.

Where did it go ... can it be recovered?

Anyone have any ideas ... and can I expect this all the time?

I'm using a Mac (OS10.7.5) and Sleepyhead v0.9.6.

Thanks,

John
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Sleepyhead Problem w/Data
(09-10-2014, 10:24 AM)johnprz Wrote: I just had 9 days of data disappear!

When I launched Sleepyhead today, it only had 1 day of data. There should have been 9 days of data.

Sleepyhead did not delete your data. It opens the files read-only and has no "write" capability.

However it's entirely possible your Mac or something else did.

In any case you haven't lost anything, except the breath-by-breath data. If you pop your card back into your CPAP machine and wait for the "do not remove card" message to go away, all your data will be there.

The machine keeps all your summary and event data and will happily repopulate your data card when you insert it.

Next time you use Sleepyhead, make sure you flip the write protect tab on the card to "protected" (away from the gold fingers), then put it back to "writable" (towards the gold fingers) when you put it back in your CPAP machine.

PS. If you put the card back into your machine in the "protected" mode, your CPAP machine can't write to it and you won't have any data when you check next time.

Check the write protect slider.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-10-2014, 11:51 AM)Terry Wrote:
(09-10-2014, 10:24 AM)johnprz Wrote: I just had 9 days of data disappear!

Sleepyhead did not delete your data. It opens the files read-only and has no "write" capability.

However it's entirely possible your Mac or something else did.

In any case you haven't lost anything, except the breath-by-breath data. If you pop your card back into your CPAP machine and wait for the "do not remove card" message to go away, all your data will be there.

The machine keeps all your summary and event data and will happily repopulate your data card when you insert it.

Next time you use Sleepyhead, make sure you flip the write protect tab on the card to "protected" (away from the gold fingers), then put it back to "writable" (towards the gold fingers) when you put it back in your CPAP machine.

PS. If you put the card back into your machine in the "protected" mode, your CPAP machine can't write to it and you won't have any data when you check next time.

Check the write protect slider.

Thanks, but it was in the locked position when I inserted the card into the Mac. It was in the unlocked position in the machine.

Maybe I did a poor job of explaining the problem.

The missing data is that which had been downloaded previously and was already in Sleepyhead... not from the card.

John

Post Reply Post Reply
(09-10-2014, 01:38 PM)johnprz Wrote: The missing data is that which had been downloaded previously and was already in Sleepyhead... not from the card.

So you used your machine for 9 days, put the card into sleepyhead, but sleepyhead only shows one day of data?

When you pressed the "import" button in SleepyHead, did it say "The last time you used your <machine name> was last night . . . " or did it say something else?

Terry

Post Reply Post Reply
(09-10-2014, 05:11 PM)Terry Wrote:
(09-10-2014, 01:38 PM)johnprz Wrote: The missing data is that which had been downloaded previously and was already in Sleepyhead... not from the card.

So you used your machine for 9 days, put the card into sleepyhead, but sleepyhead only shows one day of data?

When you pressed the "import" button in SleepyHead, did it say "The last time you used your <machine name> was last night . . . " or did it say something else?

Terry

Terry,

Thanks for the response ... but it appears that I did a bad job of fully describing what happen.

I had been downloading the data on a daily basis. For those 9 days all of the data was captured. However, when I launched Sleepyhead on the 10th day ... only 1 day was there ... the previous day. The 8 days that had been recorded earlier was gone!

If there is any connection, I had reformatted the card a couple days earlier because I was concerned that the card had gotten corrupted because I had forgotten to "lock" the card before I inserted the card into the Mac. I did download the data OK after the reformatting. I did also confirm that it was "unlocked" when I put the card back into the machine. Is all the previous data read each time the card is inserted ... or does it save the data to the computer (which I thought it did).

My concern is ... why am I losing data. Am I going to constantly lose data? Where is it going? How do I recover it?

Regarding the message when I inserted the card and press "import" - It asks me "if I would like to import from the path(s) shown above", which is the SD card.

Thanks,

John
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-11-2014, 12:07 PM)johnprz Wrote: I had been downloading the data on a daily basis. For those 9 days all of the data was captured. However, when I launched Sleepyhead on the 10th day ... only 1 day was there ... the previous day. The 8 days that had been recorded earlier was gone!

If there is any connection, I had reformatted the card a couple days earlier because I was concerned that the card had gotten corrupted because I had forgotten to "lock" the card before I inserted the card into the Mac. I did download the data OK after the reformatting. I did also confirm that it was "unlocked" when I put the card back into the machine. Is all the previous data read each time the card is inserted ... or does it save the data to the computer (which I thought it did).

My concern is ... why am I losing data. Am I going to constantly lose data? Where is it going? How do I recover it?

If I put a blank SD card into my PR machine, it will load it with the last xxx days of data, excluding the actual breathing data detail. Unfortunately, I have no idea how your machine handles data or if it does this.

Someone who has/uses/knows about your machine would have a better idea.

Sleepyhead should not lose your data unless you did a version upgrade from an older one, and it asked you if you had a backup and warned you about it. Other than that, I've never seen it lose anything.

Is it possible you created multiple user profiles in SH?

Other than that, you could try asking JediMark (the author). Maybe he has some ideas.

Terry
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  AirFit F30i Mask Problem OldTeacher 22 4,561 03-23-2024, 03:23 PM
Last Post: ButtonNoseBarbie
  [CPAP] ResMed Air Sense 10 Auto Off Problem Buddie43 19 26,327 03-05-2024, 10:50 PM
Last Post: Ailyhsaun
  Are these flow limits my problem? k888 87 5,465 02-26-2024, 12:02 PM
Last Post: k888
  [Treatment] Are leaks the problem or do I need BIPAP? TiredDude 3 331 02-22-2024, 07:52 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] Is my leak rate a problem? Kevstuf 5 550 02-08-2024, 10:25 AM
Last Post: Kevstuf
  If nasal congestion is a problem, will this show in my AHI? canigetawitness1992 4 391 01-29-2024, 09:20 PM
Last Post: RNeil
  [Equipment] ResMed S9 Elite CPAP – Climate hose problem drewb6111 2 228 01-28-2024, 08:24 PM
Last Post: drewb6111

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.