Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Philips DreamMapper SW update for SleepMapper (NOT!)
Philips DreamMapper SW update for SleepMapper (NOT!)
The Philips CPAP software apparently follows the Android and smart device software update cycle: frequent updates with inadequate design and testing. Possibly this software works better on the latest Philips devices, but the REMStar Auto (System One 60 Series) that I received only last month must be too "old." :-(

Not that big of a deal of course if we were able to choose which software & version we use, but "updates" (sic) are forced on us (once updated, no go-backs).

DreamMapper has additional data points (on the desktop version, but NOT the mobile device version!) over SleepMapper but:

1) Opens on the wrong day (current day with zero data; most recent data is previous night of course). This issue alone makes clear Q/A testing was inadequate or skipped entirely. (An aside: Philips/Saeco has same HUGE quality control issue with its all-in-one coffee makers as well. A company shortcoming, it would appear.)

2) No more landscape mode on Android devices. The landscape mode provided a nice summary of the most recent 2 weeks, month, etc. On Android, DreamMapper only shows the most recent week, and no user-selectable additional details (as SleepMapper had).

3) All in all, SleepMapper (on Android) was a much, much better designed interface with more user selectable information. Why Philips started all over with a much weaker design is a big mystery.

Yes. There are more details than in the previous SleepMapper, but it is VERY difficult to believe this update was well thought out and executed.

Of course, SleepyHead software provides a lot of information as an alternative, but I am not aware of an Android version. (Also, the user interface is overly cluttered and as such, you are limited how large you can make fonts, etc. More separate well-designed pages with less info on each will go a long way to improve its usefulness.)
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Philips DreamMapper SW update for SleepMapper (NOT!)
Part of Sleepyhead's usefulness is that there is so much information on one page and one does not have to go back and forth between pages to try to eke out relationships. Furthermore, If you have a problem with the amount of info on a page for a "real computer" why would you want an android version.

Just my feelings.

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
New to CPAP and had my first night with my DreamStation Auto last night and was looking forward to seeing my first nights data. Too bad for me that the DreamMapper program will only read data from the date of registration, which I did today. I got 10.7 hours on the machine last night and really wanted to see what it means.
Post Reply Post Reply
I doubt SleepMapper/DreamMapper will tell you much. The company's philosophy is that as a patient you don't need to know too much. The software they provide to their clinicians isn't much better.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-28-2015, 07:24 PM)pwgphoto Wrote: New to CPAP and had my first night with my DreamStation Auto last night and was looking forward to seeing my first nights data. Too bad for me that the DreamMapper program will only read data from the date of registration, which I did today. I got 10.7 hours on the machine last night and really wanted to see what it means.

On the machine under My Info In addition to hours you can see AHI,
Mask Fit, and Periodic Breathing. Under My provider you can see
the 90% Pressure number. However it does not show the breakdown of the AHI.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  import data from Philips Alice NightOne into OSCAR FHTC 6 262 03-09-2024, 08:36 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Will an OSCAR update ever be released? guzzle 3 171 03-07-2024, 07:17 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Oscar doesn't update settings kappak 1 276 01-19-2024, 01:31 PM
  Oscar Update? Fixit50 7 543 01-12-2024, 12:01 AM
Last Post: Fixit50
  Phillips DreamMapper - old machine only? p123 6 756 11-19-2023, 04:58 PM
Last Post: paulag1955
  Missing graphs, Philips BiPAP autoSV Advanced 30 SenatorBirch 7 649 10-22-2023, 08:52 AM
  How do I update my weight in Oscar alexwatt 2 432 10-20-2023, 06:12 PM
Last Post: alexwatt

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.