Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Sleepyhead Results (New User)
Sleepyhead Results (New User)
Hi all, I have some graphs from sleepyhead that I would like for someone to help interpret. I am new to sleep apnea and CPAP. It seems from my research of various threads on the forum my AHI is high. I'm also having a lot of hypopnea. Are my results good? Where and how could I improve? My machine is a Dreamstation APAP set on 6-15 cm/H2O. 

This is last nights data using the Amara View Mask. The greyed out area I pulled the mask off in my sleep.
[img][Image: sCzA9Snl.png][/img]
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Sleepyhead Results (New User)
The event flag for CA's needs to be turned on. As you can see for yourself you had a large leak in the middle of the night. Looks like your mask slipped off.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
I apologize for that, new to the software. Yes I have been having an issue pulling the mask off in my sleep some nights. Here is a screenshot with the CA activated. Thanks. 

[img][Image: vVrNNaQl.png][/img]
Post Reply Post Reply
First thing I would do is turn off the flex setting. Next I'd reduce your max pressure to 10cm and raise your minimum pressure to 8cm.
This will hopefully cut down on the CA's while knocking out some of the H's and OA's. I'd let stay at those settings for a few days and see how it goes.
Download SleepyHead
Posting Charts
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
I turned off the flex setting completely in clinicians menu. Will it be okay to adjust the pressure against my doctors prescription? I have an appointment later this month.
Post Reply Post Reply
It's your call. If you walk in and your numbers are better because you changed your pressures what's he going to say? Just do what I did and print out a data sheet on Encore Pro with your improved numbers and give it to the Doctor. He's not going to change them back.
Download SleepyHead
Posting Charts
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
Other than turning off flex, I'm not sure that setting pressure to 8-10 will make much difference from what was posted earlier. Although pressure settings are 6-15, the pressure never got above 11, and the median pressure was 8.3. If you're nervous about pressure changes without discussion with your doctor, don't bother. The suggestion simply narrows pressure to your normal range, and should not affect therapy either way.

Try your machine without flex, and let us know how your feeling and if it improves some results or not. Good luck.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I’m I have turned the flex off completely. I will test tonight and let you all know how it goes. Thank you!

I have also downloaded encore pro if I can get it installed on my computer. It’s a rather large file.
Post Reply Post Reply
Sorry for the delayed response. My computer has been down all week. Its now back up better than ever!!

Here are the results from last night. My AHI was 5.95 so far the best I have seen since day one. I would still like to lower it if possible. I think turning off the flex completely lowered my CA's substantially. Can anyone tell my why this is so? Also, how can I reduce some of my hypopnea as its still quite frequent?

[img][Image: tl89cbFl.png][/img]
Post Reply Post Reply
The rule of thumb is to raise pressure for obstructive events, and lower pressure for Clear Airway/Central Apnea events.   Hmm, a bit of a conflict.  We can work wit that but you have to choose, wait until you see your Doctor to make changes, or make them yourself, it is your choice.  Either way we will help you.

Fred
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question [Diagnosis] Home Sleep Study Results & Feedback togapilot 6 528 03-26-2024, 02:36 PM
Last Post: togapilot
  Can someone take a look at my OSCAR results? 3-4 weeks of CPAP & still improvements senseisaitama 5 129 03-24-2024, 10:43 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  [CPAP] Please help me interpret my results baganaz 2 178 03-14-2024, 12:48 PM
Last Post: baganaz
  [CPAP] Persistant night waking - Oscar results help please philjones 0 155 03-07-2024, 05:39 PM
Last Post: philjones
  Need help interpeing Lofta test results. LoftaUser 0 127 03-07-2024, 01:10 PM
Last Post: LoftaUser
  APAP Trial - First Night's Results - Interpretation? Juicy 9 4,176 03-04-2024, 09:34 AM
Last Post: colethegamer
  Help interpreting Oscar results stanley61 10 466 03-03-2024, 01:03 PM
Last Post: stanley61

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.