Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Sleepyhead Run-on?
Sleepyhead Run-on?
Sometimes, around once a week, a night's data seems to extend two hours more than I actually recorded, including adding apnoea events and whatnot well after I shut off the machine.

I don't know if this is a problem of Sleepyhead or the PRS - anyone else notice this odd behaviour and has anyone seen any solutions?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Sleepyhead Run-on?
(02-04-2015, 02:05 PM)DocWils Wrote: Sometimes, around once a week, a night's data seems to extend two hours more than I actually recorded, including adding apnoea events and whatnot well after I shut off the machine.

I don't know if this is a problem of Sleepyhead or the PRS - anyone else notice this odd behaviour and has anyone seen any solutions?

DocWils,
I haven't noticed that on my data, but I will be watching. I do notice that the time on sleepyhead and the time that I actually turn machine on and off is off by about 2 hours difference. Dont know how to fix it.
The strangest thing my PR machine has done is this: woke up one morning, stood up to look at machine before taking mask off. I like to see what pressure it is at in the morning. Usually sits between 8 and 9. So as I'm looking at this...now mind you I am fully awake, standing and breathing normally, and it starts to ramp up pressure for no reason. It got up to almost 13 where I have my max number set. I don't even use the ramp feature! Bug-eyed
It has only happened once, so for now I will ignore it.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Rose, that is probably a reaction to you changing your breathing pattern and the PRS testing a new pressure to see if that helps, so nothing to worry about there. The time difference is due to the clock on the PRS being different from your computer clock - there is a fix in Sleepyhead, I forget where just now, but it is described elsewhere on this forum, so just have a dig around for it. It is in the settings menu, but to having Sleepyhead on my office computer I can't tell you where.

What is happening to me is that it clearly marks where the machine turns off in terms of the flow data, but keeps reporting events for another hour or two.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks Doc,
I will definetly search for the clock fix.
I hope you can resolve your issue too. Do you only use Sleepyhead?
I use Sleepyhead and Encore Basic and compare the two. They are pretty close
except for the clock being off. Encore gives the correct times, Sleepyhead doesn't.
If you had another program to compare. then it would seem like it may be a Sleepyhead
problem, not the machine.
Have a great day!
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Good point, Rose.
I did have Encore on my compi, but dumped it because I didn't like the data display system.
Post Reply Post Reply
PR machines are all set to GMT (UTC). Not to bad if one is in the CET time zone like DocWils.
There is a clock adjust in SH software.

Doc: I don't know what to make of your issue... It sounds Bahnhof.
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-04-2015, 04:20 PM)justMongo Wrote: Doc: I don't know what to make of your issue... It sounds Bahnhof.

It sounds train station?
Post Reply Post Reply
Try daily-Data-rebuild data and see if that fixes it.

Also, you might try file-preferences-import and turn off combine close sessions and set ignore close sessions to off. (However, I have had problems with close sessions off, and sometimes had to set it to 1).

Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply
@Doc - oh this is exactly the same condition I get once in a while as well. it fabricates complete history including pressure changes, ramps, and apnea flags. I have the same model xPAP. I dicided it was the machine, but can't remember if I used EncoreBasic to prove to myself it weren't the SH.
sad face,
my oximeter forgot the time/date one night only in about 2 months.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-04-2015, 06:03 PM)DocWils Wrote:
(02-04-2015, 04:20 PM)justMongo Wrote: Doc: I don't know what to make of your issue... It sounds Bahnhof.

It sounds train station?

German slang for: It makes no sense.
Short for the phrase: Ich verstehe nur Bahnhof.

Perhaps only used in Germany. Like in Germany they use ß. In Switzerland ss is used.
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.