Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Sleepyhead Session Info reports up to 35 sessions in 6 hrs
Sleepyhead Session Info reports up to 35 sessions in 6 hrs
My Daily Session Info reports range from 6 to 35 per night. AHI numbers are usually pretty good. What does this mean? Is my mask/pillows coming loose? Is the machine stopping during the night? Is there anything I can do to reduce the number of sessions?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Sleepyhead Session Info reports up to 35 sessions in 6 hrs
Are you using SmartStart?
Check the power supply 90W if using the humidifier, the 30W is not compatible with the H5i humidifier
Could be also power surges, might need power surge protector
Post Reply Post Reply
What is SmartStart?
Post Reply Post Reply
That's a feature where the machine automatically starts when you breath into the mask, and shuts down if you take the mask off. Has been known to give some goofy results.
Post Reply Post Reply
Welcome to the forum vsummers

First, your daily session info reports 6-35 what?? OAs, CAs, Hs, FLs, or whatever else ?? Second, your mask coming loose or your machine stopping intermittently during the night do not generally cause apnea events. If your AHI is down at 5.0 or below, that is a good sign. It is a sign that your apnea is getting some treatment and is probably at an acceptable level. If there are obstructive or central apneas spread through the night (not in big clusters) and they are of short duration then combined with an AHI at or below 5.0,you are doing well.

I just noticed you said that you had 35 sessions reported in 6 hours. I think you meant to say 35 events (apnea events) in 6 hours. We need to see a breakdown of what the events were to really give you a good answer.

The best answer for right now is that you definitely seem to be on the right track. One of the other important indicators is how do you feel? Keep up the good work.

Best Regards,

PaytonA

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
All explained in the clinical manual, you can get it via email from here, scroll to the bottom of the page
http://www.apneaboard.com/adjust-cpap-pr...tup-manual

S9 pictures and setup video
http://www.apneaboard.com/resmed-s9-cpap-setup

[Image: s9-pic2.jpg]

Welcome

Post Reply Post Reply
Hi vsummers,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Hang in there for more responses to your post and best of luck to you with your CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-09-2014, 05:07 PM)PaytonA Wrote: The best answer for right now is that you definitely seem to be on the right track.
Feedback might helps so we can work it out by the process of elimination, communication is two way traffic Coffee
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Worrying session last night - hypopneas increased tenfold! BigWing 12 232 03-23-2024, 06:23 AM
Last Post: BigWing
  Please, need help reading the leak rate and LL info chronic 4 133 03-18-2024, 08:05 AM
Last Post: chronic
  Resvent iBreeze APAP and BiPAP info TechieHippie 2 261 02-04-2024, 03:11 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  Do Doctors Even Have Access to Flow Limits Info? paulag1955 16 694 01-17-2024, 03:11 PM
Last Post: dataq1
  Why are most of my sleep sessions exactly 1 hr? AussieBobJ 1 303 01-03-2024, 08:50 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  DreamStation Go Recall [consolidated replacement & compensation info & questions] PHXSleeper 127 19,650 12-17-2023, 06:31 AM
Last Post: Tampa Jim
Question Please Review My Data (Oximeter Info Included) — Still Tired Despite "Good" Treatment avhenry 16 1,985 12-04-2023, 01:10 PM
Last Post: Dormeo

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.