Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Sleepyhead Software
RE: Sleepyhead Software
(11-22-2013, 10:59 PM)Donna Wrote: rgmichel, no privacy anymore! Once your data hits Cyberspace or even insurance companies for that matter, Lord only knows who all has access to it! Thinking-about
I checked the S9 wireless module's manual, and it sends data at a specific time every day. Also, it receives changes to settings of the S9 based on instructions from the Doctor. So it is two way! Now that is control... potentially even when you sleep! It needs to be unplugged, but... I need this machine... and compliance is money! I wonder if that guy in Russia has my data.. I bet he is poring over every apnea event.

Bob
I just found out what happens on a Respironics 60 Series machine when I inadvertently left the SD card in my computer - and out of the BiPAP - last night...

It appears that the "most important" information is retained and written to the SD card when it's re-inserted, based on what appeared later in Sleepyhead.

Data that wasn't visible to Sleepyhead on the SD card included Flow Rate, Resp. Rate, Tidal Volume, Minute Vent., and Insp. Time.

But the CAA/OA/H/PP/RERA/VS2 event data still is there with its timestamps. And the DME will still get good compliance data to keep the accountants happy.

(FWIW, this is my first post on this board. I've greatly appreciated learning from it the past couple of weeks.)

(11-22-2013, 11:08 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote: <snip>
As for the missing data, if you put the card back in the machine, it should rewrite it back on there. The only time data is truly gone and unrecoverable is if you do not have the card in there during a night of use. Then all you get is compliance hours. This is for ResMed. Not sure what happens with Respironics.

(11-23-2013, 02:30 PM)APAAW Wrote: I just found out what happens on a Respironics 60 Series machine when I inadvertently left the SD card in my computer - and out of the BiPAP - last night...

Data that wasn't visible to Sleepyhead on the SD card included Flow Rate, Resp. Rate, Tidal Volume, Minute Vent., and Insp. Time.
Yep. The PR System One (both Series 50 and Series 60) machines write the flow rate data directly to the SD card each night and SH uses the Flow Rate data to compute the Tidal Volume, Minute Ventilation, and Inspiration and Expiration Times.

Quote:But the CAA/OA/H/PP/RERA/VS2 event data still is there with its timestamps. And the DME will still get good compliance data to keep the accountants happy.
All this data is written both the the System One machines write all of this data to the machine's internal memory as well as the SD card each night. If the SD card is not in the machine, the System One will write this data to the SD card as soon as the card is inserted into the machine.

NOTE to those using Resmed S9 machines: The S9's write all of the "detailed" data---the time stamped event data that shows when each event occurs, the leak graph, the pressure curve, the flow limitation graph, and the snore graph to the SD card each night. The usage (compliance) data and the summary data (the overnight AHI, the median, 95%, and maximum leak data and pressure level data) is written to the S9's internal memory as well as the SD card. If the SD card is not in the S9 when you use it, only the usage (compliance) data and the summary data will be written to the SD card as soon as the card is inserted into the machine. Hence an S9 user loses a lot more data if s/he forgets to put the card back into the machine for the night than a System One user loses.

S9 users also need to know that the S9 machines overwrite the Flow Rate (also known as the Wave Flow) data every seven days and the rest of the detailed data every 30 days. Hence if you want all your data, you must download the data from the SD card frequently. (The PR System One machine never seems to overwrite the data on the SD card and SleepyHead will download all the data that's been written to the card since the last download for infrequent data downloaders.)

Hi APAAW, welcome to the forum!

Take care,
--- Vaughn
The Advisory Member group provides advice and suggestions to Apnea Board administrators and staff on matters concerning Apnea Board operation and administrative policies.  Membership in the Advisory Member group should not be understood as in any way implying medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
(11-23-2013, 02:50 PM)robysue Wrote: S9 users also need to know that the S9 machines overwrite the Flow Rate (also known as the Wave Flow) data every seven days and the rest of the detailed data every 30 days. Hence if you want all your data, you must download the data from the SD card frequently. (The PR System One machine never seems to overwrite the data on the SD card and SleepyHead will download all the data that's been written to the card since the last download for infrequent data downloaders.)
ResMed S9 data storage on the machine on the SD card
http://www.s9morecomfort.com/s9morecomfo...ement.html

Is there "PR System One" guide as the above for ResMed S9?
Thank you
PRS1 machines appear to store all the data, all the time, on the SD card. I've bben using mine for over 2 years and the card is only 2% full. I don't why ResMed machines are so stingy about storing data. It just doesn't take up that much space.

Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  problem downloading OSCAR SOFTWARE Bailey104 1 88 03-15-2024, 05:49 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  NOTICE: ResScan 7.1 Software now available [for ResMed machines only] SuperSleeper 0 426 02-26-2024, 10:27 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  Software support for the Astral 150? Peashee888 10 617 02-18-2024, 10:34 AM
Last Post: LoudSnorer
  Software/app for Lowenstein Prisma SmartPlus w/o NHS knowing Ploppy 3 1,006 12-21-2023, 10:01 AM
Last Post: Ploppy
  PC Software RchiAiki 13 1,186 12-20-2023, 11:51 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Need urgent Software for Yuwell YH-580 WilliamVasquez 12 4,100 12-19-2023, 01:08 AM
Last Post: VankoGo
  Software to read edf file from in lab study? lisaistired 3 684 12-02-2023, 01:26 AM
Last Post: Gideon

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.