Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Sleepyhead Text is Tiny
Sleepyhead Text is Tiny
Having trouble with Sleepyhead. Installed it a couple days ago and the text is tiny and unreadable. I have tried playing with the font settings under Preferences/Appearance and it made the Statistics text somewhat larger but made the menu text HUGE. Any advice? Using a Lenovo Yoga2 Pro Windows 8.1. I don't have this problem on a MacBook Pro. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Sleepyhead Text is Tiny
Have you tried the BrokenGL executable?
Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. You can download your data through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Stick it to the man, Download OSCAR and take back control of your data!

Thanks Ian. Like I didn't have enough Honey-Do projects to tackle. Mornincoffee
Post Reply Post Reply
You can change all the fonts to suit your preferences. Click on "File" and then on "Preferences" and then on the "Appearance" tab on the right of the box that pops up. On the bottom half of the resulting box you'll see the fonts defined and little arrows to help you change them and their sizes.
Ed Seedhouse
VA7SDH

Part cow since February 2018.

Trust your mind less and your brain more.

Post Reply Post Reply
(09-17-2015, 05:41 PM)AlanE Wrote: Have you tried the BrokenGL executable?

I did. Same problem, unfortunately.
(09-17-2015, 06:03 PM)eseedhouse Wrote: You can change all the fonts to suit your preferences. Click on "File" and then on "Preferences" and then on the "Appearance" tab on the right of the box that pops up. On the bottom half of the resulting box you'll see the fonts defined and little arrows to help you change them and their sizes.

I tried that and unfortunately it made the Statistics text a small bit larger but made the menu text HUGE to the point where it was unusable.
Post Reply Post Reply
I've seen another post several months ago about your problem. I believe that your problem stems from your screen resolution being 2 gazillion x 1 gazillion. (3200x 1800 really). You may need to increase the screen font size. I have listed the steps provided by M$.

Windows 8.1 screen font instructions:
You can make the text (and other things like icons) larger without changing the screen resolution of your monitor or laptop screen. That way, you can make text easier to see and still keep your monitor or laptop set to the best possible resolution.

Open Screen Resolution by swiping in from the right edge of the screen, tapping Search (or if you're using a mouse, pointing to the upper-right corner of the screen, moving the mouse pointer down, and then clicking Search), entering Display in the search box, tapping or clicking Settings, and then tapping or clicking Display.

Choose one of the following:
Smaller - 100% (default). This keeps text and other items at normal size.
Medium - 125%. This sets text and other items to 125% of normal size.
Larger - 150%. This sets text and other items to 150% of normal size. This option appears only if your monitor supports a resolution of at least 1200 x 900 pixels.

Tap or click Apply.

To see the new text size, close all of your apps, and then sign out of Windows. The change will take effect the next time you sign in.

Also, you can change the text size for specific items in Windows, like window title bars or tooltips, without changing the size of anything else on the screen.

Open Screen Resolution by swiping in from the right edge of the screen, tapping Search (or if you're using a mouse, pointing to the upper-right corner of the screen, moving the mouse pointer down, and then clicking Search), entering Display in the search box, tapping or clicking Settings, and then tapping or clicking Display.

Under Change only the text size, choose the item you'd like to change and pick a text size. If you want the text to be bold, select the Bold check box.

Tap or click Apply.

You'll see the change the next time you sign in to Windows.

You can also make text appear larger or smaller by changing your screen resolution, but if you're using an LCD monitor or laptop, it's a good idea to set your screen to its native resolution to avoid blurry text. This is the resolution that a monitor or laptop screen was designed to display based on its size. For more info, see Get the best display on your monitor.

If you have a 1080p touchscreen device, you might need to adjust the size of the items on your screen to make sure touch works correctly. By default, some 1080p touchscreen devices show text and other items at 150%, and some of your apps might not work at that size. To fix the problem, follow these steps:

Tap or click Smaller - 100% (default). Then tap or click Apply.

To see the new text size, close all of your apps, and then sign out of Windows. The change will take effect the next time you sign in.

I hope this may help.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you so much! Unfortunately none of these worked. I consider myself pretty computer savvy so this is very frustrating. I appreciate everyone's input :-)

(09-17-2015, 06:48 PM)sgearhart Wrote: I've seen another post several months ago about your problem. I believe that your problem stems from your screen resolution being 2 gazillion x 1 gazillion. (3200x 1800 really). You may need to increase the screen font size. I have listed the steps provided by M$.

Windows 8.1 screen font instructions:
You can make the text (and other things like icons) larger without changing the screen resolution of your monitor or laptop screen. That way, you can make text easier to see and still keep your monitor or laptop set to the best possible resolution.

Choose one of the following:
Smaller - 100% (default). This keeps text and other items at normal size.
Medium - 125%. This sets text and other items to 125% of normal size.
Larger - 150%. This sets text and other items to 150% of normal size. This option appears only if your monitor supports a resolution of at least 1200 x 900 pixels.

Tap or click Apply.

Also, you can change the text size for specific items in Windows, like window title bars or tooltips, without changing the size of anything else on the screen.

Under Change only the text size, choose the item you'd like to change and pick a text size. If you want the text to be bold, select the Bold check box.

Tap or click Apply.

You'll see the change the next time you sign in to Windows.

You can also make text appear larger or smaller by changing your screen resolution, but if you're using an LCD monitor or laptop, it's a good idea to set your screen to its native resolution to avoid blurry text. This is the resolution that a monitor or laptop screen was designed to display based on its size. For more info, see Get the best display on your monitor.

If you have a 1080p touchscreen device, you might need to adjust the size of the items on your screen to make sure touch works correctly. By default, some 1080p touchscreen devices show text and other items at 150%, and some of your apps might not work at that size. To fix the problem, follow these steps:

Tap or click Smaller - 100% (default). Then tap or click Apply.

I hope this may help.

Post Reply Post Reply
After Googling your laptop "Lenovo Yoga2 small screen text", this isn't a SH problem but a known problem with the Lenovo Yoga2. There are various 'fixes' to try and they may help you but the consensus on the sites I've visited says that none of them really work. YMMV
Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. You can download your data through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Stick it to the man, Download OSCAR and take back control of your data!

Thanks Ian. Like I didn't have enough Honey-Do projects to tackle. Mornincoffee
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Missing Text in OSCAR StratCat48 3 529 06-22-2022, 09:57 AM
Last Post: StratCat48
  How to Increase Text Size in OSCAR Statistics Report CapeCodder 25 2,495 05-26-2022, 12:40 PM
Last Post: GuyScharf
  Trick for turning off tiny segments of the data coldfeet7 3 519 10-22-2021, 11:52 AM
Last Post: cathyf
  SleepyHead - Change Apnoea Hypopnea Index Label Text to AHI cjsimmons 8 1,889 10-02-2018, 05:17 PM
Last Post: cjsimmons
  Text within SleepyHead window way too small for me to read Nicholas 6 2,115 05-03-2017, 06:08 PM
Last Post: dreamchaser

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.