Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Sleepyhead Version 1.1.0 TESTING Beta
RE: Sleepyhead Version 1.1.0 TESTING Beta
Reporting that Sleepyhead linux64 version on Ubuntu 16.04 LTS (up to date) is not working due libc version mismatch.  I have 2.23, SleepyHead requires 2.25.

$ ./SleepyHead-1.1.0-testing2-20180613-9da8b2a7-linux64
./SleepyHead-1.1.0-testing2-20180613-9da8b2a7-linux64: /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.25' not found (required by ./SleepyHead-1.1.0-testing2-20180613-9da8b2a7-linux64)

$ uname -a
Linux mymachine 4.4.0-128-generic #154-Ubuntu SMP Fri May 25 14:15:18 UTC 2018 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

$ lsb_release -a
No LSB modules are available.
Distributor ID:    Ubuntu
Description:    Ubuntu 16.04.4 LTS
Release:    16.04
Codename:    xenial

$ ldd --version
ldd (Ubuntu GLIBC 2.23-0ubuntu10) 2.23

Seems I need to upgrade to 18.04?
Post Reply Post Reply
Well, 18.04LTS should come out in another month or two....

I don't have any idea when Debian Stretch will upgrade; my libc6 is at 2.24. The 'testing' release is using 2.27, but I don't want to jump something like libc6 to the testing level for my regular use.
Post Reply Post Reply
Ubuntu 18.04 LTS has been out for a couple months now...

https://www.ubuntu.com/download/desktop

Linux Mint 19 (based upon Ubuntu 18.04 LTS) is in beta and should be released soon for those who like a more Windows-like environment and GUI...

https://linuxmint.com/
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
The 18.04 LTS is out for fresh installs, but the upgrade from 16.04 doesn't show up until some months later, when they do the first revision.

I have too many extras installed to want to do a fresh install. I'm happy to let you keeners test the release for me.    Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-24-2018, 06:35 AM)pholynyk Wrote: <snip>
I have too many extras installed to want to do a fresh install. I'm happy to let you keeners test the release for me.    Smile

I thought you were talking about me (are there any other crybabies around?):

Quote:keening
2. a wailing lament for the dead; keen.

… but then I checked out 'keen':
Quote:keen
1. finely sharpened, as an edge; so shaped as to cut or pierce substances readily
     a keen razor.
2. sharp, piercing, or biting
     a keen wind; keen satire
3. characterized by strength and distinctness of perception; extremely sensitive or responsive
     keen eyes; keen ears.
So you weren't speaking to me, but you can see how confusing it was.   Oh-jeez
Post Reply Post Reply
They left out eager, which could be either 0 or 4... which is the meaning I was thinking of.

Or maybe impetuous... leap before you look...  Thinking-about
Post Reply Post Reply
Not sure if this article is correct or not, but they claim you can upgrade to 18.04 LTS right now - without wiping your disk:

https://itsfoss.com/upgrade-ubuntu-version/

Thinking-about
SuperSleeper
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
The same is true for Linux Mint 19 when it's released. If you have updated to LM 18.3, you will be able to upgrade to LM 19. Any other prior version will require a fresh install.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

Post Reply Post Reply
From the Ubuntu wiki (https://wiki.ubuntu.com/BionicBeaver/ReleaseNotes):

Upgrades from 16.04 LTS will not be enabled until a few days after 18.04.1's release expected in late July.

So it's possible to go to 18.04 right now, but old curmudgeons will wait until it's easy, and at least some of the obvious bugs have been worked out...  Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
9 out of 10 old curmudgeons agree.   Too-funny Coffee

... at least that's what I was told at the last "old curmudgeons" meeting I attended.
SuperSleeper
www.ApneaBoard.com

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New version doesn't find profile BlueSky1958 7 89 03-26-2024, 04:59 PM
Last Post: LoudSnorer
  The OSCAR 1.5.1 does not see the notes recorded in the earlier version. G. Szabo 2 206 02-26-2024, 08:19 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  New software version doesn't view properly, wide screen mode? piratekitty 3 367 02-10-2024, 08:38 PM
  OSCAR old version Apnearod 17 2,183 02-06-2024, 04:59 PM
Last Post: untoutseul05
Thumbsup ResScan 7.0 now available! [old version] SuperSleeper 54 17,628 12-30-2023, 07:44 PM
Last Post: jocemar
Sad Graphics bug in 1.5.1 Deb 12 version Gooserider 2 500 12-26-2023, 09:08 PM
Information New SEFAM Analyize software version 3.2.0 SuperSleeper 3 1,294 11-11-2023, 04:36 PM
Last Post: DrJelly

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.