Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Sleepyhead Wasn't Importing Most Recent Data
Grin 
Sleepyhead Wasn't Importing Most Recent Data
Thought I would post this here just in case anyone else runs into this issue.

Once a week, like clockwork, I clean my hoses and water bin etc. At the same time, I unplug my ResMed VPAP COPD, eject the data card, slide the switch to LOCKED, and import my data into Sleepyhead.

When I did that this morning, it wasn't showing any new data since my import one week ago. I tried several times. I searched the forums and couldn't find any relevant posts. So I safely ejected the SD card from my laptop, shut down Sleepyhead, restarted Sleepyhead, then inserted the SD card again and imported. This time it worked.

Sometimes the simple solution ends up being the one that works. Love it when that happens.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Sleepyhead Wasn't Importing Most Recent Data
gamegrrl,
Glad it was something so simple.

Question....why do you unplug your vpap?  Do you do that each time you remove the SD card?  

It probably isn't necessary to unplug, but I could be wrong.   Dont-know
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Page 16 of the ResMed COPD VPAP manual says to unplug "the device" before removing the SD card. I tend to follow instructions to the letter. I'm very literal. LOL!

http://www.resmed.com/us/dam/documents/p...er_eng.pdf
Post Reply Post Reply
Might want to look into the wifi solution using Flashair SD. Saves you from having to shutdown the machine and remove the SD card every day to read your data.

I keep the flashair SD card in my machine and keep the original resmed SD card in my computer. I use flashpap to copy the flashair SD data to the resmed card and SH (and ResScan) reads the resmed card.
Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. You can download your data through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Stick it to the man, Download OSCAR and take back control of your data!

Thanks Ian. Like I didn't have enough Honey-Do projects to tackle. Mornincoffee
Post Reply Post Reply
That sounds like a great solution, AlanE! I don't have my first "take the card in so the VA can read it" appointment until MAY (I got my machine in November!), so I'm cautious about doing anything major regarding the card until then.

I did notice after my previous post that my detail data is missing in Sleepyhead. Like it didn't read it all or something. It has my hours and AHI etc. but not the detail. I'm going to load last night's data to Sleepyhead in a little while. We'll see if all the data loads from last night.

EDITED TO ADD: All of the data from last night is there. I do notice that my Sleepyhead numbers are lower than what's shown on my machine screen: Machine - 6.9 hours and 0.8 AHI. Sleepyhead shows an AHI of 0.58

I'm trying to retrain my obsessive-compulsive self to "be ok" with all the data variations/sources providing me with a general idea of how I'm doing rather than expecting everything to match up.  Rolleyes
Post Reply Post Reply
Resmed writes the detailed data on the fly to the SD card. Unless something happened to the card (locked, got corrupt) it should be there. I don't recall at the moment if it retains any detailed data in memory. You can try purging that day and re-importing the data again. Also try rebuilding the CPAP data.

The nice thing about the setup I mentioned above is both cards are a duplicate of each other so you can just take in your ResMed SD card into the DME to show them the data. They are none-the-wiser. I would not give them my flashair card. For all I know they would jam it in their reader and break it. :\
Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. You can download your data through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Post Reply Post Reply
Is there an easy way to purge the data-short days from Sleepyhead so that I can re-import?
Post Reply Post Reply
Select the day with the trouble data in SH and go to the menu on top. Data > Advanced > Purge Current Selected Day
Then import data again from SH. Assuming it reimports the data and it still doesn't show try a rebuild of data.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question OK TO IMPORT SLEEP DATA FROM OLD SD CARD INTO OSCAR W/O MESSING UP CURRENT DATA? Plmnb 1 83 Yesterday, 01:07 AM
Last Post: Ibrumley
  Trouble importing data to Oscar bubbafoxus 2 91 03-22-2024, 05:40 PM
Last Post: bubbafoxus
  Importing Oximetry data billmelk 1 138 03-10-2024, 02:27 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Viatom/WellUE data is different than OSCAR displayed data GordK 3 293 02-23-2024, 04:48 PM
Last Post: GordK
  Data structure / data definition of AirSense 11 CD, CMSd50+ or OSCAR?hing obvious, … Perickson 4 1,634 02-18-2024, 01:49 PM
Last Post: Perickson
Question Importing Data Only After A Certain Date ResMed AirCurve 10 somewherein413 4 336 02-14-2024, 05:40 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  OSCAR crash importing Well O2 Max data RobertFz 7 430 02-01-2024, 10:04 PM
Last Post: LoudSnorer

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.