Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Sleepyhead? [Why is it so useful?]
Sleepyhead? [Why is it so useful?]
I've been using a resmed autosense 10 for about 10  days. my machine doesn't have an SD card. I'm told it has a modem. I use MyAir to get info. I read a lot on this forum about Sleepyhead. I guess it's a lot better than MyAir. In my last post it was suggested that I display a screen shot, which I guess will help me get the most out of the machine. Do I need Sleepyhead for screenshots?  I'm curious exactly how Sleepyhead is so useful. Would my not using an SD card mess it all up?  I'm having an SD card sent to me. Can I use the data on it for Sleepyhead? Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Sleepyhead?
Larry, you are on the correct path. Sleepyhead is software that you can get for free that you install on your computer. Once you install sleepy head you follow some directions to take a virtual picture of what you see on your screen. Then you share that picture with the people on this website. You use the SD card to get the information from your CPAP machine and sleepyhead interprets that information in the form of graphs. Those graphs are what you are taking the picture of and sharing. From those graphs we can see the details of how to better assist you with your therapy.

Jesse
Jesse

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Sleepyhead?
When you receive your SD card, insert it in your Apap. Be sure the card is not locked. Use it a few days with the card inserted, and in the meantime download #SleepyHead.

When you are ready to post data, use the directions in my signature line to organize your screenshot and post here.

MyAir is ok to give you a quick look in the morning, but #SleepyHead will give you the detailed data you will need should you encounter problems and need advice from forum members.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Sleepyhead? [Why is it so useful?]
G'day Larry

MyAir gives you a sanitised overview of your results. Sleepyhead gets right down to the nitty-gritty, giving you a very detailed (breath by breath) record of your breathing, apneas and hypopneas, pressure, snoring, leaks, flow limitations, respiration rate and so much more. It will give you more information that you could ever need, but you can easily turn off the channels you don't want. Using this information makes it so much easier to diagnose any problems and to optimise your xPAP therapy.

Apart from anything else, most of us are data geeks and we love looking at pretty charts and graphs! Wink
Post Reply Post Reply
Many thanks. I'm just waiting for the SD card. I was told that I wouldn't have trouble finding one but I called all the local drugstores and department stores and no luck.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-13-2018, 10:13 PM)larryslade66 Wrote: Many thanks. I'm just waiting for the SD card. I was told that I wouldn't have trouble finding one but I called all the local drugstores and department stores and no luck.

You should have no trouble finding SD Cards, but not in drug stores.

SD Cards are used in all kinds of electronic devices, such as cameras and video game consoles. There readily available at electronic stores.
Post Reply Post Reply
Walmart is a good sourse for sd cards.
Download OSCAR

Organize Charts
Attaching Charts

Mask Primer
Soft Cervical Collar

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
And get one with the least amount of storage you can find. You'll never fill a 2 gigabyte (GB) card as close to that as you can.

This is a good article explaining them and what kind to get.
http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...emory_card
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
Many thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
On the SD card: WalMart, Best Buy, Staples, Office Max, etc. sell them. They likely will be near the computer section, sometimes near the cameras or printers. A plain SD card will be fine. Shop by cheapest price and limit size to 32 GB or less. I have seen where the 2 GB were actually more expensive than larger sized ones. So just buy the cheapest you can find.

Coffee
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.