Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Sleepyhead? [Why is it so useful?]
RE: Sleepyhead? [Why is it so useful?]
(03-13-2018, 07:57 PM)larryslade66 Wrote: I'm curious exactly how Sleepyhead is so useful.

Sleepyhead allows, when necessary, looking at the data in extreme detail, even down to a breath by breath level for the entire night.  It is with this level of data you can see exactly how your apnea is acting.  With MyAir you can see an average that the doctors use to say you are fine.  

We cab tell not only the fact that you are having leaks, but frequently what kind of leak you are having which allows better advice being given to you

Fred
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-14-2018, 12:12 AM)PaulaO2 Wrote: And get one with the least amount of storage you can find. You'll never fill a 2 gigabyte (GB) card as close to that as you can.
I hope I live long enough to fill 2gb....  Big Grin

This is data from October 2016 to-date (the June 2017 date is when I formatted the FlashAir card)

-- Rich
Links to Download OSCAR here
OSCAR Installation and Setup

Using Attachments to Post Images on Apnea Board

INFORMATION ON FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
Quote:larryslade66
I'm curious exactly how Sleepyhead is so useful.

While you are probably interested in feeling better, a lot of sleep doctors are only interested in your compliance, and that your AHI is below 5. Perhaps you will be one of the lucky ones and have a doctor that is actually looking out for your wellfare. Many of us have not been so fortunate.

If you would like to actually feel well, it is likely that you will need to optimize your treatment. That is where SleepyHead comes in. It allows a detailed look at your breathing throughout the night (not just the averages that the doctor is looking at), and the knowledgeable people here can identify what is happening and give recommendations to fine-tune your treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.