Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Sleepyhead Wireless Xfer?
RE: Sleepyhead Wireless Xfer?
Actually anything over 2 GB is wasted on a Resmed.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
If you check around a little you can get them for ~ $20 ...
هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Tongue Suck Technique for prevention of mouth breathing:
  • Place your tongue behind your front teeth on the roof of your mouth
  • let your tongue fill the space between the upper molars
  • gently suck to form a light vacuum

Practising during the day can help you to keep it at night

هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Post Reply Post Reply
I took the "ResMed" card out of the machine and replaced it with the FlashAir card. I put the "ResMed" SD card in my SD reader in the computer. FlashPap (or your favorite utility) copies the data off the FlashAir and onto this SD card duplicating it. This way if the DME needs my card I have a (more or less) exact duplicate of what is in the machine and I will give them that instead of the Flashair. Sleepyhead and/or ResScan reads the card on my local computer. If any of these programs (or Windows) ends up hosing the card, I just copy the data again. I occasionally copy the data off the "resmed" card and the additional folders off the FlashAir card, into a NAS folder. You never know when you'll need a backup.
Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. You can download your data through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Stick it to the man, Download OSCAR and take back control of your data!

Thanks Ian. Like I didn't have enough Honey-Do projects to tackle. Mornincoffee
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-19-2015, 04:27 PM)dwlims Wrote: These cards are not cheap. Can I get away with 16 GB?

Actually 16gb is far more than you'll ever need. The cards ResMed supplies only have 2 gigabytes and they hold at least a year of data.
Ed Seedhouse
VA7SDH

Part cow since February 2018.

Trust your mind less and your brain more.

Post Reply Post Reply
(10-19-2015, 04:27 PM)dwlims Wrote: These cards are not cheap. Can I get away with 16 GB?

The 16 GB will work fine.

Tom
Admin Note:
Jack_Russell_Fan passed away in June 2020
For his SleepMaster software, click here.

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
Wow, they are expensive on Amazon. Anyone know where else they might be cheaper?

Maybe SleepyHead will incorporate this feature in an update, hopefully?!?!?!
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-20-2015, 01:36 AM)4GadgetMan Wrote: Wow, they are expensive on Amazon. Anyone know where else they might be cheaper?

Maybe SleepyHead will incorporate this feature in an update, hopefully?!?!?!

Just found it on newegg for $33.18 for the Toshiba FlashAir III 32GB (Item#: 9SIA1EK1XT1878), on sale, way cheaper than the 16GB one.

Hope this helps some people looking to purchase.
Post Reply Post Reply
huh. i just bought the 16gb w-3 on amazon for $22.19 & FREE Shipping
Tongue Suck Technique for prevention of mouth breathing:
  • Place your tongue behind your front teeth on the roof of your mouth
  • let your tongue fill the space between the upper molars
  • gently suck to form a light vacuum

Practising during the day can help you to keep it at night

Post Reply Post Reply
(10-19-2015, 03:03 PM)dwlims Wrote: OK I think that makes sense. Resmed isn't using my card for data, just the cel data they are getting which they would get with no card in the machine.

I'm pretty sure the xPAP machine is using the SD card save the data, even if your information is transmitted by modem to the DME. I'm not sure about the DME, but my Sleep Doctor had me bring in my SD card for my last appointment.

Quote:If I replace the card with a flash air, does the machine take care of putting back all of the history on the new card? (Just in case a doc wants to see it)
No, but you can put the information on there yourself. Just copy the data from your old card onto the new card.

Quote:Also, I had no luck installing the Flashpap app, just downloaded it but can't access it.
Flashpap is a program the you can run without installing. You just double click on the file and run it. I believe the file name is flashpap.jar, but I'll have to confirm it later. (This is assuming you are running windows.)

Quote:Lastly, how do you get your data over to sleepyhead?

When you run flashpap, it will ask you where to store the data on your computer. After you use flashpap to copy the data to your computer, you can then import it into sleppyhead from that folder.

The way I have my system set up, I replaced the SD card in my CPAP with the flashair card. I put my old SD card into my laptop. Every morning, I use flashpap to copy the data from my flashair card to the SD card in my laptop. (I also copy the data to a shared drive on my desktop for safe keeping as a backup). After I copy the data, I open sleepyhead and click on the import button. Sleepyhead detects my SD card and imports the data.

The 16GB is find. You can get away with the 8GB one if you can find it, but the few I've seen seem to be more and probably not worth it. The FlashAir II (W-02) should work ok, but the FlashAir III (W-03) seems to have a few improvements and may work a little better. I see a 16GB FlashAir II on both Amazon and Google Shopping for around $20.

I use a Flashair W-03 32GB, but that is probably overkill.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-21-2015, 12:37 PM)SleepyWabbit Wrote:
Quote:If I replace the card with a flash air, does the machine take care of putting back all of the history on the new card? (Just in case a doc wants to see it)
No, but you can put the information on there yourself. Just copy the data from your old card onto the new card.

I might be wrong but I believe it will write back summary data that is stored in the machine. Detailed data is written directly to the card. That would need to be copied off the old card.
Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. You can download your data through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Stick it to the man, Download OSCAR and take back control of your data!

Thanks Ian. Like I didn't have enough Honey-Do projects to tackle. Mornincoffee
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Best wireless SD card to Airsense 10 + Oscar? Dolla Bill 1 892 09-29-2021, 07:24 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
Idea CPAP Wireless SD Card for The Rest of Us Papit 94 21,731 04-17-2020, 03:27 PM
Last Post: Jeff8356
  Aircurve 10 do both wireless and SD data? bemused 3 1,388 04-11-2019, 01:40 AM
Last Post: jaswilliams
Idea Note: Wireless reporting not available, free data reporting using SD-card Ariyana 2 1,341 03-20-2019, 04:53 PM
Last Post: Ariyana
  wireless data instead of moving memory card xxyzx 8 2,688 05-10-2017, 06:58 AM
Last Post: AlanE
  Sleep Master wireless XPAP data transfer Jack_Russell_Fan 170 57,409 01-04-2017, 02:54 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  Sleephead Software and Wireless Uploads RESTMD 3 1,800 10-16-2016, 05:13 PM
Last Post: srlevine1

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.