Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

SH analysis
SH analysis
Can someone help me understand what is going on? I have posted two screenshots. First one at approximately 42 minutes i woke up with heart racing, breathing like its end of the world.

Second one exact same thing but around 7:33 Woke up with heart racing, shortness of breath and started shivering and shaking for the next 20 minutes. Not sure if this was an anxiety attack since i've only experienced something like this once in my life before but it was not fun at all.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Sleepyhead analysis
Here's a better one of the second one

Post Reply Post Reply
Could you show an expanded view of the events so we can see flow rate detail please. 2 to 3 min view
Post Reply Post Reply
Here's an expanded 3 minutes of the first  and 7 minutes of the second. If you need me to expand the second one more i can do that, i just didnt know which part to expand

Post Reply Post Reply
Anyone?
I'm afraid to go to bed lol
Post Reply Post Reply
have you been drinking or have you ever had panic attack ?
Post Reply Post Reply
What I am seeing is a low rate of events that mostly occur immediately before or after a therapy break. The entire session is short at just over one-hour, but respiratory metrics are fairly normal. The breathing has the look of arousal. For example, here we see a sleeping wave form with an arousal at about 3:43. What is notable is that your events are when your CPAP is in ramp mode and not providing therapeutic pressure. Turn off ramp.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=9545]

In this second chart we see all wake-breathing with an OA event within 3-minutes of a therapy break. I would say this is a non-event.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=9546]
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you for your analysis Sleeprider, i have turned off the ramp up and haven't experienced anything like it since the 24th.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-26-2018, 12:51 AM)thibaulthib Wrote: have you been drinking or have you ever had panic attack ?

I do not drink, as for the panic attack the short answer is no, long answer is maybe and its below.

Bit of a history:

I've been diagnosed with sleep apnea in October of 2014. I got a cpap machine but for the next 2-3 months no matter what i did i was unable to get used to sleeping with the machine. I gave up and decided that i'll learn to sleep on my side instead. All was well for quite some time, until August of 2017 when i woke up in the middle of the night unable to breathe, with my heart racing, and chest pain. I honestly thought i was having a heart attack, went to the hospital, got all the tests done and was told i was fine, perhaps it was an anxiety attack. After talking to my sleep doctor his thoughts were that i had experienced an apnea while sleeping and this was the end result.

The above experience scared me straight and i decided to do whatever it takes to get used to the cpap machine. Little by little i tried different masks, and after coming across the amara view i was finally able to get used to it. I have been using the machine since August/ September of 2017 and all was well until last week, event which is described in this first post.
Post Reply Post Reply
And it happened again. Went to bed and everything was fine, woke up half hour later unable to breathe once again. Below are the screen caps. I wish i could understand why everything looked perfectly smooth for 30 minutes and then everything looks so scattered in the last minute. What does it mean? What is going on in that last minute before i wake up?

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question [CPAP] Intense Fatigue - Seeking Advice: CPAP Data Analysis PerplexedTom 7 222 11 hours ago
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  liebano - Therapy Analysis liebano 17 647 04-16-2024, 05:32 PM
Last Post: liebano
Question Oscar Help - Analysis after 3 Weeks, Improvements! ef8mk 12 590 04-16-2024, 11:46 AM
Last Post: Dormeo
  New and in Need OSCAR Analysis Well Marbled 1 67 1,924 04-16-2024, 11:25 AM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Refreshed analysis Pierrec83 3 196 04-07-2024, 02:16 PM
Last Post: Expat31
  Newbie kindly asking for OSCAR analysis ash630 5 282 03-20-2024, 02:08 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Help with Oscar Analysis SleepyinMD 0 184 03-07-2024, 10:04 AM
Last Post: SleepyinMD

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.