Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Sleepyhead and EncorePro2 data differences
Sleepyhead and EncorePro2 data differences
Hi, I have a Dreamstation and I am comparing the output data in Sleepyhead and Encorepro2.  I have found that most events tally. However the number of recorded Hypopnea vary drastically. Circa 75% more recorded in EncorePro2. This obviously makes the average AHI different.  Is this a known error ? Thank you.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Sleepyhead and EncorePro2 data differences
(07-16-2017, 02:30 PM)SES1960 Wrote: Hi, I have a Dreamstation and I am comparing the output data in Sleepyhead and Encorepro2.  I have found that most events tally. However the number of recorded Hypopnea vary drastically. Circa 75% more recorded in EncorePro2. This obviously makes the average AHI different.  Is this a known error ? Thank you.
Can you provide screen shots of both SleepyHead and EncorePro2?

In the past, I never noticed any discrepancies between my PR BiPAP data and Encore's. But since getting the DreamStation last fall, I'll be honest, I haven't been looking at the data in Encore very much.

In spot checking my data right now, I have noticed that the last two nights (which Encore downloaded flow rate data for are spot on. But some of the days which Encore did not download flow rate data for do indeed have discrepancies between how the two programs report data. And it's not just the hypopneas. On one day, SH says I had 0 CAs, but Encore said I had 1 CA (a bit after 4:00) for a CAI = 0.2.  Wish I had the ability to see what the Encore flow rate looked like for that day.

I'll try to dig through my own data a bit more this evening, but I might not get around to it.
Questions about SleepyHead?  
See my Guide to SleepyHead
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi SES1960,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Good luck to you with CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
For what its worth I compared the two from my Dreamstation and didn't show any difference. I only use the Encore Pro 2 because my Doctor uses it. I like sleepyhead a lot better. It loads quickly and the data is laid out better. Encore Pro 2 is really slow to load. I'd pay for sleepyhead not so for Encore.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
SES1960.
You can't post an image directly from your computer.  You will need to use an image hosting service like imgur.  If you need help with this, please look in my Useful Links at Posting SleepyHead Charts in 5 Easy Steps for steps on posting an image.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
My numbers are almost identical. SleepyHead gives in 2 decimal places and if rounded up would be equal to my Encore numbers in single decimal.
lots-o-coffee
The doctor says coffee does not affect my tinnitus and it's got lots of antioxidants....however, the after dinner drinks are a different matter altogether. 
Post Reply Post Reply
I will try and post screen shots again this evening. However a large number HYPOPNEA counts detailed in Encore Pro 2 happen in periods of high leakage with none at all being detailed for the same period in Sleepy head giving rise to the vastly different AHI numbers.
Post Reply Post Reply
dummy post to increase post count - please ignore

Post Reply Post Reply
dummy post to increase post count - please ignore
Post Reply Post Reply
I think this may have done it .....

http ://imgur.com/a/AeUud
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Doctor says perfect data, but extremely tired - OSCAR Data Auzzyrocks 13 2,651 12-04-2022, 11:25 AM
Last Post: Lucid
Question Any differences between CPAP machines? Magnuum 7 896 10-06-2022, 11:02 PM
Last Post: clownbell
Question [Pressure] Doctor can't see detailed data - Can my OSCAR data save me from another sleep study? KidCharlamagne 5 896 09-28-2022, 08:20 AM
Last Post: Gideon
  5 versions of ResMed AirCurve 10....what's the differences? jdelcore71 5 991 06-09-2022, 08:28 PM
Last Post: Labromaniac
  [News] OXIMETERS -- RACIAL DIFFERENCES srlevine1 0 474 06-02-2022, 06:39 PM
Last Post: srlevine1
  [CPAP] Data showing clear airway apneas: central apnea or soft palate collapse? Data inc. JamesD0079 0 798 03-21-2022, 07:50 PM
Last Post: JamesD0079
  CMS50I-CMS50F oximeters: technical and uploading differences and limits 2SleepBetta 16 3,465 11-19-2021, 02:30 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.