Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Sleepyhead and Philips Respironics REMstar Auto A-Flex
Sleepyhead and Philips Respironics REMstar Auto A-Flex
Does anyone know if Sleepyhead can be used with Philips Respironics REMstar Auto A-Flex? And if not, does anyone know what to use so someone can print reports?
Thanks for the help
Barbara
Ajijic, Chapala, Jalisco, Mexico
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Sleepyhead and Philips Respironics REMstar Auto A-Flex
According to the SleepyHead wiki site, PR machines from 450 on up are compatible.

http://sleepyhead.sourceforge.net/wiki/#CPAP_Machines
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
yes. that model is compatible. You could also see several attributes by using EncoreBasic, a Repironics software package.
Post Reply Post Reply
SH works great with this machine.
OSCAR ROCKS
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks all. I'll pass on the info to my friend
Barbara
Ajijic, Chapala, Jalisco, Mexico
Post Reply Post Reply
I believe the above responses are incorrect.  I haven't found a way to import this data into Sleepy Head and the instructions for Sleepyhead say it only works for the System One and newer machines, not the REMstar ones.

The 
Respironics REMstar M Series CPAP is a fairly old model that came out before the Respironics System One.  The newer models of System One greater than 450 are supported by SleepyHead, but the REMstar is not.

The REMstar has its own "smart code" card that is like a credit card with the data chip on one end.  You'll need to purchase a reader for your PC to access the information on it.   You will also need the software EncoreBasic to view the data stored on the smart card.

If I am not reading the instructions right please forgive me, but I'm pretty sure the REMstar is a no go with Sleepyhead.   Confused
--
Vivaldi
Cool
Post Reply Post Reply
vivaldi,
This thread is a couple years old, but just to clarify that the 50 and 60 series machines are compatible with #SleepyHead software.

The machines name is: Phillips Respironics System One REMstar 60 Series. (They use the name REMstar in the description of Series 60 machines.)

And yes, the M Series is an older machine and is not compatible with #SleepyHead.

If you have a 50 or 60 Series machine, you should be able to use #SleepyHead.

Start a new thread and describe the issues you are having with installation, and someone will help.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I believe that Respironics uses the term REMStar to refer to all of its CPAP machines, to distinguish them from their BiPAP machines.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-25-2015, 11:23 PM)Hilobarbie Wrote: Does anyone know if Sleepyhead can be used with Philips Respironics REMstar Auto A-Flex?  And if not, does anyone know what to use so someone can print reports?
Thanks for the help

WHICH REMstar?

Phillips Resprionics used "REMstar" as part of the name of their CPAPs for something like 15 or 20 years.

SleepyHead is compatible with the PR System One REMstars (Models 450, 460, 550, 560).  The APAPs in the System One models are models 550 and 560, as well as the newer PR DreamStation APAPs.

SleepyHead is NOT compatible with the older M-Series APAPs or the even older, larger "classic" Resprionics APAPs.
Questions about SleepyHead?  
See my Guide to SleepyHead
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-03-2017, 03:04 PM)robysue Wrote: the even older, larger "classic" Resprionics APAPs.

I lovingly refer to my "classic" old REMstar Pro as "the tank" - sorta resembles one. It's rock-solid and still works just fine.

[Image: 1009586-2.jpg?1353507131]    [Image: world-war-2-toys-11.jpg]
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  import data from Philips Alice NightOne into OSCAR FHTC 6 266 03-09-2024, 08:36 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Missing graphs, Philips BiPAP autoSV Advanced 30 SenatorBirch 7 649 10-22-2023, 08:52 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Philips Care Orchestrator & Patient Access(?) StratCat48 10 5,240 10-17-2023, 06:46 PM
Last Post: The Rog
  Current firmware for the Philips dreamstation johnathonm 177 82,635 08-30-2023, 04:14 PM
Last Post: Lucky7
  Synchronizing O2Ring with Phillips Respironics Dreamstation xaid 0 656 06-11-2023, 02:50 AM
Last Post: xaid
  Philips CPAP auto, 6 or 12 graphs in OSCAR. RickEiben 6 854 05-20-2023, 12:38 PM
Last Post: RickEiben
  Philips replacement - SD card issues - REMStar Auto 60 series to Dream Station 1 JshMD 2 953 04-05-2023, 08:05 PM
Last Post: Aces

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.