Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Sleepyhead and ResMed
RE: Sleepyhead and ResMed
Since OS X is a Linux/Unix derivative, try the command ls -a on the card's directory in your Terminal.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-04-2018, 06:22 PM)LarryRapp Wrote: Thanks.  What's the trick to configuring it (OS-X)?  I thought it should be a simple config file, but opening it with Terminal indicates something else or perhaps I just don't know how to do it.
Open it with TextEdit instead.

Here are links to some threads on using the card and FlashPap:

CPAP Wireless SD Card for The Rest of Us

WiFi SD Card Data-transfer to ReScan & SH for The Rest of Us

FlashPap-FlashAir WiFi SD card utility
Useful Links
Download OSCAR
Organize your OSCAR and SleepyHead charts
Attaching images and files to posts

Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Larry,
Each time you edit the CONFIG file you will need to replace the asterisks in the APPNETWORKKEY with your password or the card won't connect to your network after you edit it.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
How do I open it with Textedit so it can be edited?  Using command-shift-. I can see it (sometimes) but it shows as locked and won't let me edit it.  Thanks!
--

Larry
Post Reply Post Reply
First, I admit that I'm technically challenged on a Mac.  This would seem to be a file ownership problem.  I would look a the file permiissions to see if they provide any insight.  I Googled: "how to change file ownership in osx" and got a bunch of instructions.  Maybe you will understand them better than I do.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

Post Reply Post Reply
I did.  It's actually pretty easy.  You open the file in textedit and then press command-shift-.  (that last thing is a period).  I'm at the point of trying to get it to register with the network.  It looks like it can't because of the version of OS-x that I have.  The problem is that even though the CPAP is about 7 feet from the router (an EERO) the card won't initialize because it is waiting for a program from Toshiba.  I have a few more things to try and then I'll give up.
--

Larry
Post Reply Post Reply
Help!  I am trying to get a FlashAir working with a ResMed 10 and a MacBook Pro Retina.  I have the Config file edited (A) but cannot get a response from the card in the machine (B).  The card is about 7 lineal feet from the EERO router and I know the router works with computers.  I know the network name and password (both in Config).  The OS is 10.13.3.  I assume the card asks for a DHCP address.  What should I do?
--

Larry
Post Reply Post Reply
Boy am I getting "Some Timers"!  I forgot that Unix/Linux type systems will end a line of text with a CR (carriage return - ASCII:13 / Hex:0x0D character) by default, whereas a Windows text file line is ended with a CR/LF (carriage return/linefeed - ASCII:13 & 10 / Hex:0x0D & 0x0A characters).  FlashAir needs the CR/LF in order for the CONFIG file to be read.  Otherwise, it will appear as one (long) continuous line of text to the FlashAir.  You will go nowhere in a hurry. . . I know, I've done it.  Most text editors on a Mac and Linux have an option for how to treat line ends.

Sounds like you are getting closer.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

Post Reply Post Reply
I understand what you said, but what do you want me to do?  Modify Textedit?
--

Larry
Post Reply Post Reply
I just Googled OSX Textedit and it uses LF (line feeds) only.  This will cause WiFi connection problems.  

I did find this recommendation on the subject:
Quote:Windows and DOS use CR and LF to indicate new lines, MacOS (9 and earlier) uses CR only, and OS X and Unix use LF only. TextWrangler and BBEdit both allow you to save files with your choice of line endings. TextEdit allows only LF endings.
I hope this may help.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Does SleepyHead support Resmed S10? KC2684 2 798 10-17-2021, 02:21 PM
Last Post: pholynyk
  [split] Resmed S9 vs SleepyHead AHI Discrepancy E.W. 1 474 06-25-2021, 08:32 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Newbie Questions about SleepyHead App and ResMed APAP machine STRVYS 2 1,299 10-20-2018, 01:43 PM
Last Post: jaswilliams
  Sleepyhead thinks I have a Respironics when I have a Resmed honeybadger79 14 2,977 05-29-2018, 09:01 PM
Last Post: honeybadger79
  Resmed setting not matching SleepyHead Albercook 2 1,377 04-20-2018, 06:11 PM
Last Post: Albercook
  SleepyHead accuracy in reading ResMed card on Mac okiejack 1 1,654 01-12-2018, 03:35 PM
Last Post: jaswilliams
Thumbsup Resmed Air 10 Oximetry MAC Driver For Sleepyhead ? BlueJay22 5 1,605 09-15-2017, 10:14 PM
Last Post: srlevine1

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.