Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Sleepyhead bugs with W10
Sleepyhead bugs with W10
First at all I would like to thank everybody who worked in the develop of sleepyhead. I prefer it over ResMed soft because is more user friendly and for me, is easier to understand what is going on.
I got one proposal. Write the units in the numbers: example in time hours, minutes,seconds, in pressure water cms. and so on.

The problem that I got is with sleepy head and W10.
I got it installed in 2 laptops with W10, In the first one the top tool bar sometimes works, sometimes doesn't work. When it doesn't work the only way to finish the use of sleepyhead is: ctrl+alt+del and get the task manager and log out the laptop.
In the second one if I want to finish the sleepyhead I must go for ctrl+alt+del and log off the laptop.
I don't know what else I am missing in sleepyhead because all my Pcs are with W10.
I don't know if uninstall +fresh install will solve the problem or make it worst.
Open to advises.
Ralph.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Sleepyhead bugs with W10
is sleepyhead running in full screen mode? Try pressing F11 to toggle out of it.
Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. You can download your data through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Stick it to the man, Download OSCAR and take back control of your data!

Thanks Ian. Like I didn't have enough Honey-Do projects to tackle. Mornincoffee
Post Reply Post Reply
Working better.
Thank You.
Ralph.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi, natyprueba. If you hold your cursor over the Y-axis on the SleepyHead daily graphs, the units for that quantity will be shown, if it has any. Some quantities like Snore and Flow Limitation don't have units.

There are other places where the units aren't shown at all, true (at least in the version of SH that I am using).
Post Reply Post Reply

Gren wings

Is working. Thank You.
Ralph
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-04-2016, 10:01 AM)natyprueba Wrote: The problem that I got is with sleepy head and W10.
I got it installed in 2 laptops with W10, In the first one the top tool bar sometimes works, sometimes doesn't work. When it doesn't work the only way to finish the use of sleepyhead is: ctrl+alt+del and get the task manager and log out the laptop.
In the second one if I want to finish the sleepyhead I must go for ctrl+alt+del and log off the laptop.
I don't know what else I am missing in sleepyhead because all my Pcs are with W10.
I don't know if uninstall +fresh install will solve the problem or make it worst.

I am using SleepyHead on a laptop with Windows 10 Professional (Now the New Anniversary Edition) and experience the same issue with the menu system. Sometimes using the "F11" key to switch out of "full screen" does work, but other times it doesn't.

What apparently is happening is that the top menu functionality is displayed "behind" the main window and is normally unreachable. It is a known bug that has been documented and made known to the developer.

My workaround if "F11" does not work is not to use cntl-alt-del which reboots the entire computer, but to use the Windows Key + D to return to the desktop and then mouse over the SleepyHead icon in the bottom notification tray -- and then simply hit the "X" to close-out the session. No data is lost and these few extra steps allows one to exit more gracefully than a cntl-alt-del.

Hopefully this may be fixed soon. Unfortunately, there is no time frame for another release as the author is considering a total re-work to make SleepyHead compatible with the latest development framework as noted on his site at https://www.jedimark.net/tiki-view_blog.php?blogId=1

Best of luck with your therapy and W10.
"The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." -- Marcus Aurelius
Post Reply Post Reply
srlevine1.

I am glad not to be alone. I forgot to describe that one of my laptop got W10 Pro, the other got W10 Home. They are backed for Dell for the W10 update and got i5 third generation. Both W10 are from the free upgrade and I think that the builds are 1542 or 1543 (don't remember very well). I am a newbie with the Cpap stuff and my only complaint is that I suspect that I have had this Apnea stuff since 10 years ago and only now I discovered it. I blame for that to all my primary Drs. (not the last one) who didn't addressed me in the right direction (I don't have any medicine knowledge).
I have learn a lot with the forum and the answers that I got from more experts guys like you. I almost got completed decipher all the graphics and what they mean. I am doing good with the therapy from almost the first day without the need of any graphics, because I sleep less hours and do not take naps during day time.
I am glad to know that there is a revision in place. For me the f11 is working now. My only and very important suggestion for the revision is that everything must got the units (that's the way in our technological world).
Thank you for your answer.
Ralph.
Post Reply Post Reply
F11, [or possibly Fn + F11 on some laptops] to toggle screen size. (works on any program that has the screen minimize/maximize option)

Alt + F4 to shut the screen/program down. (works on all programs)

Ctrl + Alt + Delete to reboot the whole computer. (works on all computers)

There are a whole range of other "hot keys" to do things such as Copy-Paste-Delete etc.. as well.
Post Reply Post Reply
You can Ctl-Alt-Del and select task manager and then stop the Sleepyhead process as well.
Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. You can download your data through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Stick it to the man, Download OSCAR and take back control of your data!

Thanks Ian. Like I didn't have enough Honey-Do projects to tackle. Mornincoffee
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-07-2016, 01:52 PM)AlanE Wrote: You can Ctl-Alt-Del and select task manager and then stop the Sleepyhead process as well.

I think you will find Ctrl-Alt-Del does in instant shut down and reboot, no option to stop anything.

Alt-F4 should shut the open program, but may give you a pop up box option to end the task if it can't immediately shut the program, this pop up box will give you the option to force close the program.

(if my memory serves me correctly, I haven't had to use some of the hot key options for quite a while, and those that I have used recently have worked without throwing up a second pop up option)

I will experiment with Ctrl-Alt-Del as soon as this post goes up. Okay

I'm waiting for my second coffee to turn up at my table in the cafe.... I have time to kill since I got sacked from my Community Transport/Aged Care job last week. Coffee

EDIT-

Ok, I just tried it, Windows 10 does give you options when you hit Ctrl-Alt-Del..

On my other laptop, and the desktop at home, both with Windows 7 ... Ctrl-Alt-Del does an instant shut down and reboot, I did it on the laptop a few days ago when I couldn't get SH to close (lost the X button when I changed screen resolution or window size or something I think, and couldn't get it to change back).

You live and learn with all these new programs..

Thanks for the hint Alan. Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Location of bugs list and worklist mjphyi 2 784 11-06-2019, 03:50 PM
Last Post: mjphyi
  SH - 2 machines on same day & a couple bugs? sheepless 14 2,368 07-11-2018, 12:18 PM
Last Post: sheepless

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.