Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

sleepyhead - which version to download?
sleepyhead - which version to download?
Ok, I am not computer savvy- I was thinking of trying to download the sleepyhead software-
I found the thread for the link- then it leads me to some scary stuff-
I don't know which link to click-
I have windows 8-
Isnt there just a link to click on, I don't know what "Runs on Windows XP and higher, and includes both OpenGL and BrokenGL binaries." means-
Are there any simpler ways to find out how to do it? just click on a link, it downloads, and that is it?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: sleepyhead
BrokenGL is more compatible across the variations in computers. Download that version. Once downloaded, it must be installed.
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-14-2015, 11:39 AM)cookie810 Wrote: Ok, I am not computer savvy- I was thinking of trying to download the sleepyhead software-
I found the thread for the link- then it leads me to some scary stuff-
I don't know which link to click-
I have windows 8-
Isnt there just a link to click on, I don't know what "Runs on Windows XP and higher, and includes both OpenGL and BrokenGL binaries." means-
Are there any simpler ways to find out how to do it? just click on a link, it downloads, and that is it?

Cookie, since you have the latest and greatest Airsense 10 machine, you need the latest and greatest Sleepyhead from this link http://sleepfiles.com/SH/index.html?TestingVersions

Don't worry about the scary stuff. A 32 bit version will work on every Windows machine, and the 64 bit version should work on yours, but I recommend sticking with 32 bit for simplicity. Ignore all the beta testing warnings! So download this one:

Latest Windows 32bit version v0.9.8-1-testing 2014-10-03 27Mb <--
[SleepFiles (USA): SleepyHead-Testing-0.9.8-1-Windows-32bit.7z]

You will need to download Sleepyhead AND you will also need the 7Zip archiving program to extract sleepyhead to your hard drive. http://www.7-zip.org/ Just install 7-Zip and then when you click on the Sleepyhead archive you will be able to see the files. Click the extract to hard drive button and send Sleepyhead files to C:\Sleepyhead or some other place you can find. To run the program just click on one of the SleepyHeadXXXXGL.exe files, and it will run.

Since you have Windows 8 you must lock the SD card before putting it into your computer. This keeps files from being changed. There is a little lever or shutter on the edge of the card. Just pull that towards the side of the card you insert into the computer to lock it, then return it towards the top before putting the SD card back in your machine.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-14-2015, 01:25 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: You will need to download Sleepyhead AND you will also need the 7Zip archiving program to extract sleepyhead to your hard drive.

Actually, while 7Zip is fine, any other archive program that reads ZIP will do just as well. I used PKZIP for example. Also Windows XP and above can be set up to read ZIP files directly, treating them as special desktop folders.
Ed Seedhouse
VA7SDH

Part cow since February 2018.

Trust your mind less and your brain more.

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: sleepyhead - which version to download?
I agree. I have a WinZip, WinRAR and they both work fine, but I wasn't going to send Cookie all over the internet trying to figure it out. Something tells me this will be challenging without an easy installer most users are accustomed to. Smile
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New version doesn't find profile BlueSky1958 7 87 03-26-2024, 04:59 PM
Last Post: LoudSnorer
  Oscar 1.5.1 - where to download cc0bc973 stanley61 4 197 02-26-2024, 02:11 PM
Last Post: stanley61
  The OSCAR 1.5.1 does not see the notes recorded in the earlier version. G. Szabo 2 205 02-26-2024, 08:19 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  New software version doesn't view properly, wide screen mode? piratekitty 3 366 02-10-2024, 08:38 PM
Last Post: LoudSnorer
  OSCAR old version Apnearod 17 2,176 02-06-2024, 04:59 PM
Last Post: untoutseul05
Thumbsup ResScan 7.0 now available! [old version] SuperSleeper 54 17,621 12-30-2023, 07:44 PM
Last Post: jocemar
  AirSense 11 Data download csv file vs. card tkblizard 3 493 12-29-2023, 04:33 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.