Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Sleepyhead category question
Sleepyhead category question
I have yet to find a satisfactory answer to this so I am just going to ask. Does anyone know the difference between Vibratory Snore and Vibratory Snore 2? Not that I've seen it at all.....okay, I'm lying, I get it all the time and I have no clue! Snoring is snoring as far as I know and actually I am not sure how the heck I can snore with this machine crammed up my nose, but, there we have it! Smile
As always, YMMV! You do not have to agree or disagree, I am not a professional so my mental meanderings are simply recollections of things from my own life.

PRS1 - Auto - A-Flex x2 - 12.50 - 20 - Humid x2 - Swift FX
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Sleepyhead category question
(08-09-2012, 08:52 PM)mjbearit Wrote: Does anyone know the difference between Vibratory Snore and Vibratory Snore 2? Not that I've seen it at all.....okay, I'm lying, I get it all the time and I have no clue! Snoring is snoring as far as I know and actually I am not sure how the heck I can snore with this machine crammed up my nose, but, there we have it! Smile

Thanks for asking this question. I'm watching this thread hoping that someone will know the answer. Dont-know
Post Reply Post Reply
VS2 when you talk in your sleep Dont-know anyway this from the glossary of SH
http://sourceforge.net/apps/mediawiki/sl...r_Glossary

Snore
A loud upper airway breathing sound during sleep, without episodes of apnea.

Snore detection in Respironics System One
Vibratory snore is detected when a specific frequency is detected during the inspiratory portion of the patient's breath.
Vibratory snore is disabled at pressures greater than 16 cm H2O.

Vibratory Snore (VS) Index
The Vibratory Snore Index is the total number of vibratory snoring events per night divided by the hours of use.
Post Reply Post Reply
I think VS2 is one of those weird things reported by the PRS1 machines that Mark couldn't figure out. He just displays them on the bottom row of the event flags.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-10-2012, 12:17 AM)Sleepster Wrote: I think VS2 is one of those weird things reported by the PRS1 machines that Mark couldn't figure out. He just displays them on the bottom row of the event flags.

That actually makes absolute sense. So now what ALL of us want to know from Respironics is "what is that?" but since we are just patients and too stupid to know anything regarding our own treatment I suppose there will be no answer forthcoming!
As always, YMMV! You do not have to agree or disagree, I am not a professional so my mental meanderings are simply recollections of things from my own life.

PRS1 - Auto - A-Flex x2 - 12.50 - 20 - Humid x2 - Swift FX
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Question about reading Sleepyhead/Oscar reports TheManseHen 3 1,046 04-28-2022, 12:32 AM
Last Post: Gideon
  Category Definition Requested clownbell 2 575 05-08-2021, 05:52 PM
Last Post: clownbell
  Flow rate question and clock question The Rog 8 2,423 04-02-2018, 07:29 PM
Last Post: DeepBreathing
  SleepyHead Flow Rate Question Ron AKA 3 1,569 03-25-2018, 04:12 PM
Last Post: pholynyk
  sleepyhead and dreamstation question car54 3 1,351 03-14-2018, 08:48 AM
Last Post: Walla Walla
  Question about SleepyHead graphs nosleeptilbklyn 6 1,440 08-24-2017, 08:30 PM
Last Post: nosleeptilbklyn
  sleepyhead question Rastur 4 1,429 07-01-2017, 06:19 PM
Last Post: PaulaO2

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.