Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Sleepyhead, change pressure settings
Sleepyhead, change pressure settings
Hi, I had a question about SleepyHead software. Does it show the range of pressure that you had during the night's sleep? My pressure range is 6-15cm but I would like to see what it is throughout the night.

My other question is in regards to how to change the pressure settings. I know that I saw the way to do it posted in an earlier thread but can't remember which one. I know my DME set them for me and wouldn't let me see how they did it, so childish but I understand. I am fine starting out at 6 at the beginning of the night, however I get up to use the bathroom or some other reason. When I put the mask back on it feels like my nose is stuffy and hard to breathe. I feel like I need to make myself snore or have an apnea so that the pressure would go up. It is hard to get back to sleep sometimes.

I think my pressure has gone up as high as 13 as of last night. I would just like to set it to around 9. My ResMed software says that it is around 11 as a variance. Thanks for the help.

Inky1
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Sleepyhead, change pressure settings
(02-14-2016, 01:54 PM)Inky1 Wrote: Hi, I had a question about SleepyHead software. Does it show the range of pressure that you had during the night's sleep? My pressure range is 6-15cm but I would like to see what it is throughout the night.

My other question is in regards to how to change the pressure settings. I know that I saw the way to do it posted in an earlier thread but can't remember which one. I know my DME set them for me and wouldn't let me see how they did it, so childish but I understand. I am fine starting out at 6 at the beginning of the night, however I get up to use the bathroom or some other reason. When I put the mask back on it feels like my nose is stuffy and hard to breathe. I feel like I need to make myself snore or have an apnea so that the pressure would go up. It is hard to get back to sleep sometimes.

I think my pressure has gone up as high as 13 as of last night. I would just like to set it to around 9. My ResMed software says that it is around 11 as a variance. Thanks for the help.

Inky1

Sleepyhead does show the pressure throughout the night as well as report statistics.

It sounds like you are not using the ramp function which you should be able set up. Mine starts at 4cm H20 and ramps up to 10 cm H20 in a 10 minute period.

Manuals for various machines are located on this site by clicking the appropriate place at the top of this screen so marked.

Good Luck,

Walt

Walter W. Olson, Ph.D., P.E.
Mechanical Engineering
Professor Emeritus, Professional Engineer
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes, Sleepyhead displays a pressure versus time graph; and a statistical summary of pressure.

You should request the clinician manual via email. See link at top of page.

You enter the clinician menu by holding these buttons for 3 seconds:
[Image: A10-pic1.jpg]

Then,
[Image: A10-pic2.jpg]

When done, press the dial and home buttons for 3 seconds again, or find the "exit clinical menu" option in the menus.
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks Walt for the advice. I don't use the ramp function since my minimum pressure is 6. I think the ramp would start at 4. I don't have an issue starting out at night, its more of a problem when I come back from getting up.

I don't think I will adjust the settings just yet. I've only been doing the therapy for about 3-4 days. I like the pressure when it is up higher like around 9-11. I know it sounds strange but it is easier to breathe then. I will keep the clinician instructions for later. Thanks again for the help!
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-14-2016, 05:11 PM)Inky1 Wrote: I've only been doing the therapy for about 3-4 days.

That is a little too soon to tweak settings. Best stay with it for a while and then look at overall statistics; and how you feel.

Anyway, you have the secret information the DME tried to hide. lots-o-coffee
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
I don't plan on changing settings just yet. I wanted to know how to if I decided to do it later on. I know its early into treatment just bothers me that it is hard to breath after getting up. Trying to work through that and figure out what to do with my mask since I have a sore on my nose. Trying to figure if I want to get a nasal pillow until my nose heals up or try to switch masks.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Help - Mask change causing fatigue? coffee9724 0 44 Yesterday, 02:48 PM
Last Post: coffee9724
  Airsense 11 Time Zone Change ScottZZZ 60 17,455 03-26-2024, 11:56 AM
Last Post: somewherein413
  [CPAP] Prisma 20A - Change of machine and regression elliott.981. 17 1,717 03-21-2024, 10:25 AM
Last Post: Macka
  [Pressure] Understanding Pressure Settings on ASV Suzee 85 3,578 03-19-2024, 03:17 PM
Last Post: Suzee
  [Pressure] unable to find pressure settings on my cpap timoteo666 7 450 02-17-2024, 09:56 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Any change recommendations to machine? NativTxn 2 319 02-17-2024, 03:28 PM
Last Post: NativTxn
  [Symptoms] Recent Symptom - Settings Change? MamaK55 1 164 02-10-2024, 06:03 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.