Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Sleepyhead changed data after time change
Sleepyhead changed data after time change
My AHI data has always matched between Sleepyhead and MyAir on the ResMed site. I full time RV and travel continuously. Yesterday I changed time zones from pacific time zone to mountain time zone and changed the time on my Airsense 10 accordingly. Today, checking my data I found that my Sleepyhead AHI data has changed for the last 14 days. It shows it much worse than it actually was.Huh

After looking again, it seems that my AHI data has nearly, not exactly, doubled.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Sleepyhead changed data after time change
Not sure if this will fix it but try rebuilding your data.

[Image: SH-Rebuild-Data.JPG]
Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. You can download your data through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Stick it to the man, Download OSCAR and take back control of your data!

Thanks Ian. Like I didn't have enough Honey-Do projects to tackle. Mornincoffee
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-09-2015, 11:06 AM)AlanE Wrote: Not sure if this will fix it but try rebuilding your data.

[Image: SH-Rebuild-Data.JPG]

Thank you AlanE. That did the trick and my stats are back to normal. We'll see what happens tonite.
Post Reply Post Reply
You're welcome. Smile
Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. You can download your data through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Post Reply Post Reply
Todays stats were added and back to normal.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have the same problem as dzwiss. I use ResMed S9 and SleepyHead. I noticed the time setting was wrong on the ResMed equipment a couple of months ago and manually changed the time setting on the ResMed. Since then whenever I upload new results, some of the older AHI results nearly double. The Tool "Rebuild CPAP Data" works, but I have had to rebuild the data repeatedly - this fix works only until the next time I upload new results. There is a time change at 2:00 am tomorrow (3-13-16) to daylight savings time and I think this problem will only get worse. Is there any permanent fix?
Post Reply Post Reply
Do you still have all your data on the SD card? If so, you can rename the SleepyHeadData-Testing folder and let Sleepyhead create a new one. Then do an Import. If that fails, you still have the old one to rename back to original.

Post Reply Post Reply
(03-12-2016, 04:00 PM)AlanE Wrote: Do you still have all your data on the SD card? If so, you can rename the SleepyHeadData-Testing folder and let Sleepyhead create a new one. Then do an Import. If that fails, you still have the old one to rename back to original.

The data on the card includes two folders:
datalog and
settings
and four files:
identification.crc;
Identification.tgt
STR.crc and
STR.edf

There isn't an overall folder containing these folders/files.

I started a new blank card after I wrote my message (and changed the time on the ResMed). I plan to upload it now to see what happens. I think, though, that the ResMed S9 writes old data to the new card. We'll see.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-15-2016, 07:42 PM)silverny1 Wrote: There isn't an overall folder containing these folders/files.

I should have been a bit more specific. SleepyHeadData-Testing is a folder located in your documents folder (unless you changed its location). That is where SleepyHead writes the files. It does not write anything to your SD card.

Post Reply Post Reply
OK. I understand. I'd rather not mess with the backup folder because it is functioning properly as is. I have used it at least six times to restore and it works well.

I think the problem arises when you manually change the date in the ResMed device (which I did because of the change to (and from) Daylight Savings Time). The ResMed then REWRITES data to the SD card for sessions on the card with the same date, but different time of day. It's the same data, but I think SleepyHead thinks it is new data for those days - and therefore CHANGES the data for some of those days - almost doubling the AHIs for certain days - just exactly what dzwiss pointed out. This is fixable - by restoring the correct data in the backup folder - which thankfully does not change.

I'm not sure how many sessions are affected. When I put a new, blank card into the ResMed, it seems to put the last week or two of data onto the new card.

I think this is a potential flaw in the software which hopefully could be addressed. This is avoided altogether by NOT CHANGING THE SYSTEM TIME in the ResMed device. However, during Daylight Savings Time, the sessions shown in SleepyHead will appear to be "off" an hour from "real" time. The problem is compounded if you are also trying to merge data from another device, such as an oxygen saturation monitor.

I want to thank you for your help and appreciate your guidance. If you agree that this is a potential flaw in the software, is this something that you could report on my behalf?

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question OK TO IMPORT SLEEP DATA FROM OLD SD CARD INTO OSCAR W/O MESSING UP CURRENT DATA? Plmnb 1 72 7 hours ago
Last Post: Ibrumley
  How and where to adjust local time. douglaskeene 2 83 03-23-2024, 04:07 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Time listed: Wrong end time? How to fix? Plmnb 5 201 03-08-2024, 08:57 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Total Time In Apnea is missing ElUno 3 321 02-26-2024, 09:23 AM
Last Post: LoudSnorer
  Viatom/WellUE data is different than OSCAR displayed data GordK 3 289 02-23-2024, 04:48 PM
Last Post: GordK
  Data structure / data definition of AirSense 11 CD, CMSd50+ or OSCAR?hing obvious, … Perickson 4 1,628 02-18-2024, 01:49 PM
Last Post: Perickson
  OSCAR- How to set time change to (Daylight Savings time) Reesche 5 751 01-03-2024, 04:44 PM
Last Post: Reesche

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.