Mask Type: Full face mask
Mask Make & Model: F&P Simplus
Humidifier: Resmed H5i
CPAP Pressure: EPAP: 9 - 15 PS: 3 - 10
CPAP Software: ResScan SleepyHead

Other Comments:

Sex: Male

RE: Sleepyhead clock?
(01-09-2015 04:43 PM)sumzzzs Wrote:  " Might of found the answer in "Beginners Guide to Sleepyhead: RobySue being author? It states that these PR system one clocks internally are off the author's being 23 min. Mine is about the same, so I should leave that clock setting at 0 correct?

I don't think that's correct. If your clock is off by 23 minutes you need to set the clock drift in Sleepyhead to 23 x 60 = 1380 seconds (same as RobySue in that SH thread). In the latest version 0.9.8-1 you can use hours, minutes & seconds. You can also set negative and positive values depending on whether the CPAP clock is running fast or slow.

To establish if your clock has drifted, turn the machine on at a very specific time (eg 10:00pm exactly) so you have a base time to calibrate to. (Or turn it off at a very specific time, works just as well).

DeepBreathing
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Bed

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
01-10-2015 08:42 PM
Find all posts by this user Post Reply Quote this message in a reply

Donate to Apnea Board
OMyMyOHellYes Offline

Advisory Members

Machine: Respironics 560 Auto
Mask Type: Nasal mask
Mask Make & Model: Resmed Mirage FX
Humidifier: Respironics System One (no heated hose)
CPAP Pressure: 08.0-15.0 cm/H2O
CPAP Software: EncoreBasic

Other Comments:

I just don't look at the data, so no problem for me.

OMM
01-10-2015 10:26 PM
sumzzzs Offline

Preferred Members

Machine: PRS1 BiPap Auto 750P
Mask Type: Full face mask
Mask Make & Model: ResMed Mirage Quattro.
Humidifier: PR System One Heated Humidifier
CPAP Pressure: 10 EPAP 15 IPAP
CPAP Software: SleepyHead

Other Comments:

(01-10-2015 08:42 PM)DeepBreathing Wrote:  
(01-09-2015 04:43 PM)sumzzzs Wrote:  " Might of found the answer in "Beginners Guide to Sleepyhead: RobySue being author? It states that these PR system one clocks internally are off the author's being 23 min. Mine is about the same, so I should leave that clock setting at 0 correct?

I don't think that's correct. If your clock is off by 23 minutes you need to set the clock drift in Sleepyhead to 23 x 60 = 1380 seconds (same as RobySue in that SH thread). In the latest version 0.9.8-1 you can use hours, minutes & seconds. You can also set negative and positive values depending on whether the CPAP clock is running fast or slow.

To establish if your clock has drifted, turn the machine on at a very specific time (eg 10:00pm exactly) so you have a base time to calibrate to. (Or turn it off at a very specific time, works just as well).

That is some great advice DeepBreathing that's exactly what I will do tonight. So if my CPAP clock is ahead than I use a negative value?
(This post was last modified: 01-10-2015 10:57 PM by sumzzzs.)
01-10-2015 10:55 PM

Donate to Apnea Board
archangle Offline
Wiki Editor
Advisory Members

Machine: ResMed S9 AutoSet
Mask Type: Nasal pillows
Mask Make & Model: ResMed Swift FX
Humidifier: ResMed S9 H5i
CPAP Pressure: 16-20
CPAP Software: ResScan SleepyHead EncoreBasic

Other Comments: Happy PAPper

Sex: Undisclosed

Pick some time when it's convenient and you're masked up. Make a note of the time and then do something that will show up in the data.

I will just hold my breath for 5 or 10 seconds, take a few deep breaths, repeat 3 times.

You can also just take the mask off and let the air blow for a few seconds and repeat 3 times.

You can also just make a not of when you take a bathroom break and turn the machine off.

One thing that can be confusing is that SleepyHead tends to discard sessions less than 5 minutes unless you change its default settings.

Get the free SleepyHead software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
01-11-2015 01:48 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
Question Compliance clock within SH is giving me weird timings quip 9 837 10-07-2015 10:02 AM
Last Post: AlanE