Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Sleepyhead clock?
Sleepyhead clock?
Hello all, question: It really appears to me that Sleepyhead is recording data such as apneas after I know I've awaken for the morning and turned machine off. Is Sleepy head on PDT like myself? What am I overlooking?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Sleepyhead clock?
G'day sumzzzs.

The Philips Respironics machines have their time set to GMT / UCT in the factory and are not adjustable by the user. All clocks drift over time and it may be that yours no longer records time accurately. Alternatively, as you said, it could be a daylight savings issue. Sleepyhead gives the option of correcting for clock drift, under File | Preferences | CPAP | CPAP Clock Drift.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-09-2015, 12:02 AM)DeepBreathing Wrote: G'day sumzzzs.

The Philips Respironics machines have their time set to GMT / UCT in the factory and are not adjustable by the user. All clocks drift over time and it may be that yours no longer records time accurately. Alternatively, as you said, it could be a daylight savings issue. Sleepyhead gives the option of correcting for clock drift, under File | Preferences | CPAP | CPAP Clock Drift.

thanks I tried it we will see how it works.
Grin
Post Reply Post Reply
I am going to go out on a limb (what's that cracking noise?) and say it is not that the clock is off. 5 minutes reading posts on this forum will reveal that it is very common for XPAP machines to record false (centrals) positives when awake, even if you are careful to breathe normally.

So far, no one has been able to explain this. And the events in SH graphs look identical to CA events when you are asleep.

While out here on the limb, I am also going to point the finger not at SH, but at the XPAPs, as SH does not flag nor generate data; it only takes the data generated by the XPAP and conforms it into a GUI so we can understand it better.
Post Reply Post Reply
Well what appears to be happening is that is one hour late from me waking up, I'm trying to track down specific events in my sleep and time doesn't coral-ate .
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-09-2015, 01:54 AM)TyroneShoes Wrote: I am going to go out on a limb (what's that cracking noise?) and say it is not that the clock is off. 5 minutes reading posts on this forum will reveal that it is very common for XPAP machines to record false (centrals) positives when awake, even if you are careful to breathe normally.

So far, no one has been able to explain this. And the events in SH graphs look identical to CA events when you are asleep.

While out here on the limb, I am also going to point the finger not at SH, but at the XPAPs, as SH does not flag nor generate data; it only takes the data generated by the XPAP and conforms it into a GUI so we can understand it better.

Except in this case the OP is getting events recorded after the machine is switched off. That points to either the machine's clock being wrong or a daylight savings problem.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm going with the lad from Perth on this issue.
UTC, plus clock drift.
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-09-2015, 12:02 AM)DeepBreathing Wrote: G'day sumzzzs.

OK I played around with that clock drift setting and now I'm really messed up. Going to search for answer on proper setting, but can one of you let me know what yours is set at, or how to at least go back to what I had?Dont-know
Post Reply Post Reply
" Might of found the answer in "Beginners Guide to Sleepyhead: RobySue being author? It states that these PR system one clocks internally are off the author's being 23 min. Mine is about the same, so I should leave that clock setting at 0 correct?
Post Reply Post Reply
Here is an example:

Due to being sick with the flu I KNOW I slept from 11pm Tuesday night to 11:40am Wednesday morning, both SH and ResScan showed my sleep time from 11:00am to 11:40am Wednesday morning as being during the next "day" - as if the reporting programs and the XPAP were one hour out of sync.

Hope this makes sense. (flu still affecting my thought processes, sigh...)

Don't know of anyway to fix this; simply noting for future reference.
Evpraxia in the Pacific Northwest USA
Diagnosed: 44 AHI when supine, O2 down to 82%
Treated since 20 Sept 2014:: 0.7 AHI, Settings 7-15, EPR on Full Time at Level 3
Better living through CPAP/APAP machines!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  CPAP clock drift enhancement for OSCAR (multiple time-dependent corrections) tungpust 13 2,410 02-27-2023, 01:22 AM
Last Post: PjotterHasApn
Idea Time Zones, and Clock Skews, and Poorly Designed Devices, Oh My! 0xdec0ded 8 1,048 05-09-2022, 10:03 AM
Last Post: sawinglogz
  (OSCAR) Bookmarks not using clock offset properly Ratchick 4 798 05-11-2021, 01:45 AM
Last Post: Ratchick
  made a hash of my A10 clock, trying to fix OSCAR cathyf 1 663 03-17-2021, 05:52 AM
Last Post: OpalRose
  OSCAR clock drift bug orand 3 712 11-11-2020, 01:48 PM
Last Post: orand
  Clock Drift Offset thanksforallthefish 2 1,686 06-05-2018, 07:26 AM
Last Post: thanksforallthefish
Question Compliance clock within SH is giving me weird timings quip 9 2,723 10-07-2015, 10:02 AM
Last Post: AlanE

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.