Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Sleepyhead crashes downloading SD card
RE: Sleepyhead crashes downloading SD card
I think links to the version prior to 1.0-Beta 2, 0.9.8.1, still exist but I'm uncertain about an even earlier version.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I found the old SH link:
http://www.apneaboard.com/SH-old/
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Now that's interesting - v 0.9.8.1 installs and works perfectly !!

I also noticed that the installer put the software in C:/Program Files, rather than C:/Program Files (x86) which is where v 1.0.0.2 always ended up

So it is something to do with the new v 1.0.0-beta-2, or 64-bit / 32-bit,  which has been causing all the problems!!

For now, I think I will quit while the going is good and stay with v 0.9.8.1, unless you or anyone else can help with the reason for the version differences.

Many thanks for all your help.
Post Reply Post Reply
Version 0.9.8.1 had both a 64 and 32 bit version.  Version 1.0 only has the 32 bit version.  I couldn't discern any difference in speed between the two.  Aside from addressing newer CPAP models and some cleanup of printing glitches, 0.9.8.1 is just as good.  In fact, 0.9.8.1 handles SpO2 files better than 1.0.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the info.  Obviously the issue with v1 is something to do with it being a 32-bit version only, although I have had no trouble with other 32-bit programs on Win 10.

Everything fine with v 0.9.8.1 so problem solved.

Many thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
It crashes on me too. Now I was trying to import a year of data and that may be asking too much of it but then it should fail a little more gracefully if that is the case, so this seems more like a bug than a planned limitation.

I tried it reading both directly from the flash card and from a copy on my hard drive. This was under both Win7 and Ubuntu (both the pre-compiled version and compiling from source myself). I tried running it in the following ways:

Windows7 64bit both broken-GL and regular versions of sleepyhead:
Installed as normal user then run as normal user
Installed as normal user then Run-as administrator
Re-install from Administrator account then run from  Administrator account

Ubuntu 16.04 (both Sleepyhead pre-compiled and compiled from source):
As normal user
sudo'd user

All instances crashed.

I'd really like to get the whole year of data in so I can see how I've been progressing (e.g. periodic breathing seems to be increasing and I'd like to know when that started).
Post Reply Post Reply
I cannot comment on Ubuntu because I have never used it.

On 64-bit Win 7 I was using v 0.9.5, which is now very old but it worked withut any problems.

When I switched to 64-bit Win 10 I tried to download the current version (1.0.0.2).   Try as I might, it simply would not work.   I share your frustration because exactly the same thing happened to me, no matter what I tried.

In the end, with CN's help, I downloaded the older version 0.9.8.1.  It went straight on and worked perfectly.  I suggest you try it.

The link is higher up this post, but I can re-post if necessary.

Good luck
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-29-2017, 04:46 AM)SotonSleeper Wrote: I cannot comment on Ubuntu because I have never used it.

On 64-bit Win 7 I was using v 0.9.5, which is now very old but it worked withut any problems.

When I switched to 64-bit Win 10 I tried to download the current version (1.0.0.2).   Try as I might, it simply would not work.   I share your frustration because exactly the same thing happened to me, no matter what I tried.

In the end, with CN's help, I downloaded the older version 0.9.8.1.  It went straight on and worked perfectly.  I suggest you try it.

The link is higher up this post, but I can re-post if necessary.

Good luck

Thanks - I have tried it the version in the link on a 32bit Vista machine and it read the whole year of data perfectly. I tried copying the files it produced to my normal machine (64bit Win 7 )to see if V1 would accept them. It said it was converting but then it crashed. This at least tells me it is not the data card itself but actually a bug in V1. Next is to try V1 on the 32 bit Vista machine and see what happens and then try installing the prior version on my normal machine and see if it works.

The previous version I saw is 0.9.8-1-T3, is this the version you are referring to or is there a version without the "-T"?
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks.   Yes it was 0.9.8-1-T3 which I installed.  

I suggest you delete the software and data on your Win 7 machine (assuming it has no historical data you want to keep) and start again by installing the Installer.exe version (81.4 MB).  This automatically checks whether you have 64-bit or 32-bit and then installs the correct version.  In my case this worked by correctly installing the 64-bit version, which then installed correctly and ran smoothly.

Hope it works for you.

v1.0.2 simply refused to work at all on my 64-bit Win 10 PC.   I think it has something to do with the fact that v1.0.2 is 32-bit only, although other 32-bit programs have installed and run normally here.

Regards
Post Reply Post Reply
I run a Win 7-64 bit machine and found that you have to install both the 32 and 64 bit versions of the MS C++ Redistributable library for reasons like SleepyHead. By default the M$ website will try to match your OS bit model. On a 64 bit machine you will need to specify the 32 bit library or it will give you the 64 bit version every time.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  problem downloading OSCAR SOFTWARE Bailey104 1 90 03-15-2024, 05:49 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Does ResScan delete detailed logs/records from the SD card after downloading them? Determinism 5 180 03-15-2024, 05:40 AM
Last Post: srlevine1
  Oscar 1.5.1 crashes - M1 Mac Sonoma 14.3.1 unadvisedfun 6 361 02-21-2024, 06:21 AM
Last Post: LoudSnorer
  OSCAR not downloading Happyeyes 8 327 01-30-2024, 08:59 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  OSCAR 1.5.1 Crashes when Changing the Language hisaotsu 7 977 11-29-2023, 05:42 AM
Last Post: hisaotsu
  Problem Downloading Oscar 1.5.1 itchy365 5 563 10-17-2023, 11:16 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  Oscar cannot read SD card and SD card cannot be read by PC BlueSky1958 1 644 08-21-2023, 06:41 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.