Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Sleepyhead crashes during import
Sleepyhead crashes during import
Sleepyhead v1.0.0 Beta -1 crashes during data import routine.

Suspect this may have something to do with large number of Notes.  I routinely update daily status using Notes and have noticed SH has been slowing down during import.

Anyone have similar experience?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Sleepyhead crashes during import
You might rebuild the data and see if it helps. The notes should not affect the import since they are in the SH data, not on the SD card.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Unless you're using Linux as your O/S, you might try updating SH to the version: Beta-2.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I use a SD wireless card in my CPAP machine and transfer the data files to a local folder using the FlashPap utility. SH initially loaded ok but when importing last nights data files crashed.

My first thought was corruption of the files perhaps during the wireless transfer. Interestingly this has occurred when DST was taking place. I deleted last nights files and ran FlashPap but this didn't resolve the problem.

Also tried deleting the prior nights data files (which worked yesterday) and then using Flashpap to reload them. This resulted in same crash so know the problem isn't likely the data but something wrong with SH itself or dll etc.
Post Reply Post Reply
If you've mounted that SD card as a drive on your network, Sleepyhead will also see it and try to import it. Like you, mine was doing that and would either take awhile or crash altogether. I've taken to "Specify Folder" as a solution, selecting the SD card in my card slot where I've already transferred the data.
Post Reply Post Reply
There's a known issue: SleepyHead appears to crash when importing data, but instead is simply taking a very long time to do so. You just have to walk away and have a cup of coffee or something while you wait. Mornincoffee

<Moderator Note: This thread has been moved here from the main forum, with a redirect.>
Sleepster

Post Reply Post Reply
Sleepster thanks for moving my thread to software forum as my mistake in posting to main forum.

Update: my import is working fine this morning. Tried deleting the prior 3 nights of data on my local folder (FlashPap directory) which was copied from machine wireless SD card. Next reloaded those dates again using Flashpap utility. Then tried import again and got the same crash.

Eventually did a Rebuild of the Cpap data and this morning everything is back to normal. Rebuild relies on the Backup folder under the Resmed_xxxxxxx directory to be intact. Used the Debug window to track SH and found there were no Events on those three days that were deleting earlier. (used the calendar to select each of the days).

Assume the import routine extracts the Raw SD card data into summaries,events and backup folders under Resmed_xxxxxxxxx part of Profile directory. The only thing unusual was the problem occurred on the night DST took effect Mar 12. I could see the numerous times import was used as each import gave the imported data a unique ID. Still puzzled why this problem occurred.
Post Reply Post Reply
Mine started when I set up the Flashair card with FlashPap initially. When it set up that folder on the C drive for SH to look at, it continued to look there no matter what. I was trying to use Rescan in parallel which requires an SD card for the data, so the Flashpap folder wasn't going to do. If I had an SD card and the Flashpap created folder available, SH would scan both of them, and that second scan took all the time. Once I mounted the FlashAir card as my X drive, SH found it, too, and would try to scan it. Once I figured it out, deleted the FlashPap created folder, and learned to hit "Specify" and "Ok," updating is easy. I do have to copy the files from the FlashAir card to the SD in my laptop, which is what Flashpap does anyway.
Post Reply Post Reply
Is the time set right on your machine?
Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. You can download your data through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Stick it to the man, Download OSCAR and take back control of your data!

Thanks Ian. Like I didn't have enough Honey-Do projects to tackle. Mornincoffee
Post Reply Post Reply
AlanE - no the time was off (slow by roughly 20min). I adjusted the time to account for the DST (+1hr) and corrected the lag. So time correct now.
Another problem: The timeline in the graphics doesn't match the actual start and end times which are summarized in daily\details. Appears the scale is shifted by 1hr later. The cursor time matches both the start and end times to the daily\details. This is probably a known bug.

edfreeman - I only use SH and take my raw data via the wireless card using the FlashPap utility. The Raw data is stored in a folder (one folder per day) which contains edf files ( CSL,EVE,BRP,SAD) files with associated .crc. During import this data is transformed to files with extension .001 and contain following info.
Type Details
EVE Event annotation data
BRP High resolution graph data
SAD Pulse oximetry data
PLD Low resolution graph data

In my case the .001 appears to be duplicated many times for Mar 12th perhaps due to my attempt to attempt numerous Imports which all crashed SH. Rebuilding the database fixed the crash problems but source of the problem is unknown. Perhaps data corruption during the wireless transfer.

Thanks everyone for your help
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Cannot import data from ResMed Astral 150 to ResScan or OSCAR BreatheEZ 8 2,254 03-16-2024, 10:18 PM
Last Post: PappaJoe
  OSCAR SpO2 CSV import ST Dog 20 2,545 03-15-2024, 05:09 PM
Last Post: capman
  import data from Philips Alice NightOne into OSCAR FHTC 6 218 03-09-2024, 08:36 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Oscar 1.5.1 crashes - M1 Mac Sonoma 14.3.1 unadvisedfun 6 338 02-21-2024, 06:21 AM
Last Post: LoudSnorer
  OSCAR Will Not Import Last Night's Results Trevor G 1 235 02-08-2024, 08:51 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  Easier way to import O2 data? BlueSky1958 6 515 02-04-2024, 09:48 PM
Last Post: kappa
  Wellue Oxysmart 3785 import to OSCAR EddyDee 5 413 01-21-2024, 11:12 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.