Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Sleepyhead crashing Mac OSX
Sleepyhead crashing Mac OSX
This is my first post so if I'm doing anything wrong let me know. Sleepyhead is crashing importing data from card. I haven't used it since April on 2 different Mac's with latest OSX. I'm using V1.0.0 beta-2. Tried reinstalling on both machines with same outcome. I keep getting same message " There is a lockfile already present for profile. You can only work with one instance of an individual profile at a time. I did install version v0.9.8-1 which did work. Any suggestions?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Sleepyhead crashing Mac OSX
I don't have a Mac anymore, so I'm not sure of the file layout, but something along the lines of :

/home/xxxx/Documents/SleepyHeadData-Testing/Profiles/yyyyyy/lockfile <- This is from Linux

Assuming you don't actually have another copy of SleepyHead running (check the date), it is safe to delete that lockfile and run SleepyHead.
Post Reply Post Reply
A little side note: The directory name: "SleepyHeadData-Testing" is a hold over from the prior release of SH (0.9.8.1-Testing). A fresh install directly from 1.0.0-beta-2.2 will create a directory named SleepyHeadData".

Originally the SD card file permissions were incorrectly set and wouldn't allow me to download them in Linux. A Windows system seems to care less about permissions, whereas a Linux (and maybe a Mac) will honor them.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I tried a fresh install on Windows 7 machine and did the same. I think the data card might be the problem. I install different card in CPAP and will see how new data will work.
Post Reply Post Reply
You might try copying the entire SD card to a directory on your computer first, then try importing from the directory. This will separate the two operations, so you can see if the problem lies with the reading of the card or SleepyHead.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  OSCAR crashing during import for resvent ibreeze bubbagump 17 1,764 10-24-2023, 07:53 PM
Last Post: bubbagump
  [split] OSCAR crashing on Mac M1 Geynshlofn 2 649 03-05-2023, 06:55 PM
Last Post: Geynshlofn
  OSCAR crashing? KSMatthew 1 452 12-13-2022, 07:00 PM
Last Post: pholynyk
Exclaimation OSCAR appears crashing on start B1Sailor 12 1,007 09-25-2022, 09:46 AM
Last Post: B1Sailor
  OSCAR crashing on change to or from OVERVIEW tab [solved - see posts 2&3] BruQu 4 695 06-26-2022, 07:53 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Pc crashing since Oscar installed Made 2 611 03-14-2022, 07:23 PM
Last Post: ElusiveRisk
  Oscar crashing when importong from oxymeter J Francois 10 1,103 02-28-2022, 08:53 PM
Last Post: sawinglogz

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.