Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Sleepyhead critique please
Sleepyhead critique please
Finally got some data uploaded for feedback and comments please.
I am on APAP with pressure set range 6-12.

I think I am sleeping OK, but still tend to be somewhat "tired" or at least I feel that way when waking.
Have been on PAP therapy for about a year and a half so I think I have given it a decent time for which to get used to it.  Nasal pillows are comfortable and have no issues wearing the hardware...

I appreciate any constructive criticism.

[img=833x502]https://i.imgur.com/p7D82Usl.jpg "border=0"[/img]

[Image: m3zZPvb.png]Click For Full-Size Image.

[Image: p7D82Usl.jpg]
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Sleepyhead critique please
Most people would give their left arm for a chart like that! The number of events is negligible, as are snores, flow limitations and leaks. The machine is working well within the pressure range you've set, so there's no benefit in making any setting changes.

If you're still feeling sleepy or unwell, it could be from a non-apnea cause. I see you live at a high altitude which might be exacerbating your symptoms. Do you have an oxymeter? - it would be interesting to see what your oxygen levels are doing. Do you have any other health issues, especially heart or lungs? And are your blood tests up to date?

By the way, you don't need to use Imgur to upload images any more - we have upgraded the attachment facility and prefer that people attach their images to their posts. That way if Imgur (or any other 3rd party server) goes the way of PhotoBucket we still have all the images in our own server and they'll remain available as long as Apnea Board exists.
Post Reply Post Reply
Your results look pretty much perfect...you could raise the min pressure by .5 to tackle those hypopnea and flow limitations, but definitely not necessary at all. I would suspect something other than OSA is causing your tiredness. Are you waking up a lot during the night?
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks, folks.

I will look into the image posting as recommended... I guess I am just so used to the Imgur way.

My last full blood work  in late summer last year were all satisfactory.  Thyroid is normal.   Low on the Vitamin D for which I am supplementing with 1000 units per day.  No heart or lung issues and I use an oxygen concentrator at night as doc did have a concern about overnight O2 levels.  Pre O2 numbers were in the mid to upper 80's and with O2 it is low to mid 90's.  I have inquired here about advice on buying my own O2 monitor... just need to get it.

Only real heath concern is that I am carrying at least 25 pound too much and could really drop 30 to 35 pounds.  I am 6'-3" and last month was tipping the scales at 260#.  I have started a new diet recently (the Whole 30, but that is another topic) and after 10 days am down to 247#.  I sit all day for my job and I know that I need to get some exercise in. 

I am not waking up a lot at night.  I generally get up once to make a trip to the toilet.  I do, however at times, have a hard time going back to sleep.  It is not because of the PAP equipment-  meaning that it is comfortable to put on an wear after taking care of business.  It is perhaps more related to work stress keeping me from returning to sleep.  It does not happen every night, in fact I often fall asleep with 1/2 hour and will sleep all night in one position, not turning at all!   When I do find it hard to return to sleep, it can be upwards of 2 hours.

I have slept much better since being on PAP... I guess I just wanted some opinions to see if there were indications in the data that might tell a story.

Thanks,
frank.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  looking for a critique? senior members? advise? please help Dchurch 2 507 03-28-2023, 01:58 PM
Last Post: Dchurch
  Critique Requested grokJim 14 2,411 03-07-2018, 07:05 PM
Last Post: Hydrangea

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.