Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Sleepyhead data Question
Sleepyhead data Question
Can anyone answer this question for me. What does the very last block (By Pressure) tell me?

Is that saying that for last night my machine pressure was at 7 for 66.5 minutes and when at 7 my AHI was only 1.80? If so that means my pressure was at 8 for 140.8 minutes with an AHI of 3.41. My machine is on VAuto right now, but if my thinking is correct would it help if I set my pressure at 7-8 and didn't let it hit higher pressures where my AHI shot up? Thanks

[Image: A6ovJXl.png]
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Sleepyhead data Question
Common sense would say that. Unfortunately, I am to new to help, but I am intrigued enough to follow this thread to see what your outcome will be, and advice given by members. Good luck!

Overall, you are still under 5.0 which is what you are looking for.

Pretty swift crowd here!
Post Reply Post Reply
The By-Pressure chart has always confused me, but looking at yours I begin to form a theory. I think the numbers below each pressure (except the minutes) are occurrences per hour. I get this idea from the 37.89 CA and 3.2 minutes below the 12 pressure. You don't have 37 CAs in your chart, and given that 3 minutes is one twentieth of an hour, I surmise that you actually had 2 CAs while your pressure was (about) 12. You can look at the event chart and the pressure chart for that day to see if that is true.

Perhaps somebody more familiar with the code can verify this theory; I haven't yet studied that chunk of code. Perhaps it's time I did.

I think I would find that chart easier to interpret if it showed the count of each event within the given range. And the plot lines just confuse me. I never remember which colour goes with which event flag; perhaps using the same colour for the label would help here(?).
Post Reply Post Reply
I am new to the graphs. However, check out the first post in the Software forum- Beginner's Guide to Sleepyhead. I just skimmed it to begin to understand all the Sleepyhead data. I recall it saying that your last graph is more-advanced but it did explain it. Good luck! I am researching the data for my mom. I wish her AHI was even close to yours!
Post Reply Post Reply
I think you need to be cautious about interpreting this data on an autoset machine. By design the machine increases pressure when it detects events, and reduces it when you are sleeping well. My own data seems to show a negative correlation between higher pressure and number of events, but looking at the detailed graphs I can see that the pressure increases after the first RERA (but not enough at first, peaks after further RERA events, and then declines after a period with no ts. In my case the events also seem to coincide with periods of mask leakage.
I move around and turn over in my sleep, which seems to cause the mask to be pushed out of place. Last night it had large leaks for about 10% of the time. When it leaks the mask pressure is lower than the pressure. So remember, a correlation between two values does not show the direction of causation!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question OK TO IMPORT SLEEP DATA FROM OLD SD CARD INTO OSCAR W/O MESSING UP CURRENT DATA? Plmnb 1 70 4 hours ago
Last Post: Ibrumley
  Viatom/WellUE data is different than OSCAR displayed data GordK 3 287 02-23-2024, 04:48 PM
Last Post: GordK
  Data structure / data definition of AirSense 11 CD, CMSd50+ or OSCAR?hing obvious, … Perickson 4 1,628 02-18-2024, 01:49 PM
Last Post: Perickson
  Changed data directory from OneDrive, Now can't read data Rich66 9 1,022 08-24-2023, 11:32 PM
Last Post: Rich66
  Oxylink Data File Import Question princeofdirkness 17 1,080 02-07-2023, 05:46 PM
Last Post: princeofdirkness
Question Question on data on OSCAR overview page redhermes 8 810 01-12-2023, 10:06 PM
Last Post: LoudSnorer
  Import CSV data file without matching SD card sleep data 2SleepBetta 4 1,258 09-30-2021, 05:55 AM
Last Post: Neelix

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.