Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Sleepyhead data - first time!!!
Sleepyhead data - first time!!!
Hi everyone,

Thanks to all of you and particularly Susan, I took the plunge and got Sleepyhead working. The charts look all pretty and colorful but I don't have a clue what they mean. I feel like I am doing good, I am feeling good especially rounding this two week mark - yesterday was the beginning of my third week. I hope these graphs show up ok.

[Image: pictures#n_5]

ok I have to go back to the drawing board to get these to show up -
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Sleepyhead data - first time!!!
(01-28-2015, 03:07 PM)Sparkle Wrote: Hi everyone,

Thanks to all of you and particularly Susan, I took the plunge and got Sleepyhead working. The charts look all pretty and colorful but I don't have a clue what they mean. I feel like I am doing good, I am feeling good especially rounding this two week mark - yesterday was the beginning of my third week. I hope these graphs show up ok.

[attachment=1225][attachment=1224][attachment=1226]
Apparently I have an attachment quota of 600 KB and it won't let me attach the fourth chart

[Image: sleepyhead224.shutterfly.com]
Try this and see if it works
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-28-2015, 03:24 PM)Sparkle Wrote:
(01-28-2015, 03:07 PM)Sparkle Wrote: Hi everyone,

Apparently I have an attachment quota of 600 KB and it won't let me attach the fourth chart

[Image: sleepyhead224.shutterfly.com]
Try this and see if it works

[attachment=1227]
Post Reply Post Reply
Wow!, Your doing a fine job, Those leaks are down to almost nothing, your AHI look fabulous.
You go girl !!, You must be feeling pretty good.
Great job !
Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-28-2015, 04:26 PM)Mr. Van Winkle Wrote: Wow!, Your doing a fine job, Those leaks are down to almost nothing, your AHI look fabulous.
You go girl !!, You must be feeling pretty good.
Great job !
Sleep-well

Thank you! I am feeling good - especially rounding the end of the second week entering into the third week. I can really put my finger on some definitive changes for the good. I am so excited about SleepyHead and this board. Its a great place to come and share Smile

Thanks again!
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Sparkle Gurl, Coffee
I knew you could do it! Great charts!!! Those are definitely pretty! How's the snow going there?
Out of curiosity to see how far you've come, what were your AHI's before c-pap? ie at sleep study?

And um...ya know..you can now put that you DO use software, on your profile!
I wanted to put a happy dancing banana here but I couldn't get the "get more" screen to open....so insert that happy dance in your mind (HERE) lol.

Susan
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-28-2015, 05:32 PM)TheManseHen Wrote: Hi Sparkle Gurl, Coffee
I knew you could do it! Great charts!!! Those are definitely pretty! How's the snow going there?
Out of curiosity to see how far you've come, what were your AHI's before c-pap? ie at sleep study?

And um...ya know..you can now put that you DO use software, on your profile!
I wanted to put a happy dancing banana here but I couldn't get the "get more" screen to open....so insert that happy dance in your mind (HERE) lol.

Susan

Hi Susan,
Oh my gosh - you're right! I need to now change my profile - so proud Smile

Snow stopped yesterday afternoon. I had today off mostly because the campus is large and they need to have all the cars out of the parking lot to remove the snow properly.

Here is the summary that was on my sleep study report:

The patient had a home sleep study with a total flow evaluation period of only 3 hours and 44 minutes and an oxygen evaluaton period of only 3 hours and 23 minutes. The apnea/hypopnea index as 14.5 and the respiratory index as 16.7. Average oxygen saturation was 93% with a minimum oxygen saturation of 85%. There were no apneas with 54 hopopneas and 147 snoring (ugh!) events. This is a limited study as the duration of the study was less than 4 hours. The patient also reports multiple awakening because of noise disturbance. The study suggests moderate obstructive sleep apnea.

Have you made a decision on your mask yet?
Post Reply Post Reply
great results! almost don't even need to look at the hour by hour charts, unless interested about the situation where the events occurred.

my numbers have gotten better, but I am still hovering around AHI of 5.0. I found that my apneas tended to come in bunches or bursts, as seen below - (25 minute period)

[Image: attachment.php?aid=1128]

AHI in this period 33.7 (with CPAP on) - Of course, the quiet periods between made my average that night much lower, but having only slept about 4 hours, my AHI was still 11.5!
Dedicated to QALity sleep.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-28-2015, 08:42 PM)quiescence at last Wrote: great results! almost don't even need to look at the hour by hour charts, unless interested about the situation where the events occurred.

my numbers have gotten better, but I am still hovering around AHI of 5.0. I found that my apneas tended to come in bunches or bursts, as seen below - (25 minute period)

[Image: attachment.php?aid=1128]

AHI in this period 33.7 (with CPAP on) - Of course, the quiet periods between made my average that night much lower, but having only slept about 4 hours, my AHI was still 11.5!

Thank you!

So walk me through your chart. What can you do to get below 5.0 AHI? Do you tweak your machine? Is there a reason the apenas come in bunches? Are you taking a journal? Sleeping on your back? Have you had a follow up w/your dr yet?

Post Reply Post Reply
My doc likes my progress and dislikes getting partial data from her sleep staff. I tell her everything I do and why. We correspond using a message to your doctor online program my health care plan has. She gets my progress reports, and concurs with my treatment.

What I did resulted from looking and learning from folks here and a couple other websites. I went looking for subjects on the internet, places like NIH (national institute of health), WebMD, Mayo Clinic, etc. You soak it up like a sponge when you find you very nearly died, and someone hands you a free pass, and says breathe AND sleep... it is the greatest gift, oh let me wipe up some of these tears. Well, no more! No more dying one breath at a time. No more letting the precious moments be torn from me, my wife, and daughter.

CHANGES PRESSURE RANGE, POSITION, LEARNING TO BREATHE, TRYING DIFFERENT SETTINGS. see below.
[Image: FFOLiqF.png?2]

pressure range changed - you can see the change. I wasn't trying to heal myself, just put the range where it (reality) told me to.

I sure didn't like the A-Flex of 2, so reduced it to 1. Most recently I went to 0, but to do this I had to set to Auto CPAP. ME LIKE!

I didn't know about resistance on the PRS 1, so set it at mid band (X3). HA HA HA that was really horrible night, I couldn't get through it, so researched. Duh! X1 at most for AirFit F10. I still have X1, but think I might just turn that off.

I did a silly thing, don't try this at home. Did not like the vent holes blowing into Mrs QAL's face, so plugged between 30% to 60% of them. I am sure I wasn't in any danger, but I would get arguments if I put it out there for a vote. I did this off and on, but it never helped my numbers.

I tried some melatonin for a few days. Still doing this, but modified. This was an attempt to quell RERA, as I read somewhere it might help. I have been trying to even out those bumps and giggles in my flow. This worked I think. Dose [6 days - 3 mg before bed] but cut back to 1.5 mg and then to .75 mg, because we don't need that much, and because I personally was too groggy to control my equipment when I woke up with an issue to solve. Also, I felt uhmm kind of delirious. currently my RERA came back up some.

Dedicated to QALity sleep.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Air11 now does daylight savings time! cathyf 5 215 03-27-2024, 06:51 AM
Last Post: somewherein413
  Airsense 11 Time Zone Change ScottZZZ 60 17,452 03-26-2024, 11:56 AM
Last Post: somewherein413
  TIME FOR SLEEPRIDER'S annual DST WARNING srlevine1 19 624 03-12-2024, 11:27 AM
Last Post: Homerec130
  First time looking at graphs interpretation help smallhandsfeeding 1 245 03-11-2024, 08:12 AM
Last Post: jdavis
  Taking mask off at the same time everynight sleepyman95 2 175 03-08-2024, 12:25 AM
Last Post: sleepyman95
  Having a terrible time--please help with OSCAR Montacute 25 811 03-06-2024, 10:27 AM
Last Post: sarahsleeps
  Hard time to find the right mask labrat 42 2,222 02-14-2024, 01:58 PM
Last Post: labrat

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.