Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Sleepyhead data from a couple of nights
RE: Sleepyhead data from a couple of nights
We can't see your pressure graph in any of the screenshots posted in the original msg. The charts that help are "Events", "Pressure" & "Leak Rate". You can update your original post with the updated charts.

Looking at your summary data AND looking at the available info on your 3 days of charts, I see that:
1) Your median pressure on the 6-12 range was at 11.2. It means that your machine is climbing a lot from 6 to 11+ and that may be the cause of OA clusters.
2) Your 95% pressure was the max pressure when you had the range set lower than the 6-12.
3) Your AHI is not bad. Its less than 5 so; not to worry too much and make any big changes.

I would recommend that:
1) Eliminate Ramp if you are using it.
2) Try not to sleep on your back. A particular pressure may be good enough to ward off events in sideways sleeping position but inadequate when sleeping supine.
3) Raise your minimum pressure AND your max pressure in 0.5 cm increments each, and hold each increment for 7 days each. See the effect on your AHI and how you feel. Also see where the max pressure is going. This will help you adjust to higher pressures in increments.

When its all done, my guess is that you will find yourself at min pressure of 9.

One more recommendation: If you can switch to nasal pillows, you may find that you don't need higher pressures. I switched from an F10 to a P10 and my pressure needs have reduced drastically (90% pressure reduced from 11+ to 7+).
PRS1 Auto & Dreamstation Auto w/ P10 and straight pressure of 8cm
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the great info. I will try to redo screen shots this weekend. A complete newbie at sleepyhead and couldn't get the items to rearrange like I wanted them to.
I am primarily a side sleeper, very little on my back. My big drops are in rem even when I am on my side.
I am going to try nasal pillows for an extra mask but I have a deviated septum, nasal polps and bad allergies so at best I can breathe partially out of one nostril.

My AHI's aren't bad but my oxygen level is at 93 to 94 starting out and drops to 79 so the oxygen level is the concern.

I notice when I am having asthma issues I am throwing the weird Cheyene Stokes Respiration.

The past 3 days I have been sick with a bad cough but have managed to continue my cpap therapy, just turned my humidifier up.

My insurance won't pay for another mask so soon so would my best bet be to order a P10 online?

Cindy
Cindy lots-o-coffee
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-20-2015, 03:59 PM)clrapstad Wrote: Thanks for the great info. I will try to redo screen shots this weekend. A complete newbie at sleepyhead and couldn't get the items to rearrange like I wanted them to.
I am primarily a side sleeper, very little on my back. My big drops are in rem even when I am on my side.
I am going to try nasal pillows for an extra mask but I have a deviated septum, nasal polps and bad allergies so at best I can breathe partially out of one nostril.

My AHI's aren't bad but my oxygen level is at 93 to 94 starting out and drops to 79 so the oxygen level is the concern.

I notice when I am having asthma issues I am throwing the weird Cheyene Stokes Respiration.

The past 3 days I have been sick with a bad cough but have managed to continue my cpap therapy, just turned my humidifier up.

My insurance won't pay for another mask so soon so would my best bet be to order a P10 online?

Cindy
I have a deviated septum and allergy issues as well. I use a Neti pot an hour before going to sleep. It helps reduce the inflammation in the nasal passages and opens them up. And for me, the P10 never fails to opens up the nostrils for breathing at my cpap pressure of 8cm.

Your Spo2 drops could be due to Obstructive event clusters AND/OR due to asthma issues.

You can order a P10 from amazon for $75 currently but most of the providers there will not provide mask insurance. Some of the suppliers in the list on the board will.
PRS1 Auto & Dreamstation Auto w/ P10 and straight pressure of 8cm
Post Reply Post Reply
Got my oximeter today, the P10 mask should be here tomorrow. Will test oxygen level tonight and try nasal pillows tomorrow.
Cindy lots-o-coffee
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  In a quandry over a couple of things... SheShells23 53 938 Yesterday, 01:40 PM
Last Post: SheShells23
  Still Only Sleeping 4-5 Hours Most Nights AustinSV 5 254 03-12-2024, 08:49 PM
Last Post: Plmnb
  21 nights in, seeking advice smmille1 3 216 03-10-2024, 03:09 PM
Last Post: smmille1
  First two nights with results meettherobinsons 5 453 01-18-2024, 01:40 PM
Last Post: meettherobinsons
  First week - One "good" night and waking up with mask off most nights ghost10 9 683 12-15-2023, 11:56 AM
Last Post: ghost10
  [Treatment] My very first two nights! domod 6 583 11-30-2023, 10:06 AM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
Sad One of my worst nights. adamwhereartthou 1 454 11-06-2023, 02:23 PM
Last Post: staceyburke

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.