Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Sleepyhead data has vanished!
Sleepyhead data has vanished!
So this morning I went to download my data as usual, using FlashPap. I copied the data and went to exit & run Sleepyhead, again as usual. When I clicked on my profile, Sleepyhead opened, but instead of 3 icons on the opening page, there were only 2. I think it was statistics that was missing. But I was unable to import my data and ALL my data is missing! I don't know what to do! This has never happened before.

Does anyone have any suggestions?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Sleepyhead data has vanished!
Following....I've had a similar experience. It was like it automatically updated and something was wrong with the new version.

I even tried uninstalling and manually updating to the next version, which has helped with some previous glitches, but didn't help for me this time. I always leave the directory and other info, which, in theory, should preserve my data when doing the upgrades. I'm still trying a few tricks, but hopefully someone here with more familiarity with the program can chime in with some pointers.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Have you tried rebooting your computer? Also, it will really help if we know what type of system you have. (e:g.: Windows, Apple, Linux/Unix)
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
In my case, it's a Win10 machine, kept current...reboot tried to no avail (I'm pretty sure I even tried the "run as admin" to make sure it wasn't a change in permissions)
Post Reply Post Reply
Two ideas to try:
1. Right-clicking on the executable or the link you use and select "Compatibility Mode". Select something like Win 7.
2. Try using the Broken-GL version, both normally and in the compatibility mode.

I hope this may help.

Edit: You could also look in your event viewer to see if it provides any hints.
Event Viewer -> Custom View -> Administrative Events
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

Post Reply Post Reply
It might also be worth looking at your antivirus log at that may also be blocking sleepyhead
Post Reply Post Reply
I created a new profile, which didn't work. But then I copied all my data into a new folder and between that and the profile, I've got everything back again.

Thank goodness, because I go to the doctor for my 90-day visit tomorrow!
Post Reply Post Reply
Dang Windows...no wonder I like my netbook running Mint soooooooooo much more!

I had a corrupt / incomplete update by Microsoft that ditched a couple important files (and considering my A/V immediately wanted to update afterwards there was likely a bit of "Microsoft cascade"going on). My Sleepyhead can now find it's data again (yay!), but I wish MS didn't take everything with it each time it hiccups Sad
Post Reply Post Reply
All of your data resides in My Documents/Sleepyhead/Profiles/YourUserName. It is never lost, but you may have to re point Sleepyhead to find the data. It is in the File menu.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

Post Reply Post Reply
(04-04-2018, 08:59 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: All of your data resides in My Documents/Sleepyhead/Profiles/YourUserName. It is never lost, but you may have to re point Sleepyhead to find the data.  It is in the File menu.

Man, I wish we had "vote" buttons for posts!

Hey, I thought you were skinnydippin in the Keys!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Doctor says perfect data, but extremely tired - OSCAR Data Auzzyrocks 13 2,651 12-04-2022, 11:25 AM
Last Post: Lucid
Question [Pressure] Doctor can't see detailed data - Can my OSCAR data save me from another sleep study? KidCharlamagne 5 896 09-28-2022, 08:20 AM
Last Post: Gideon
  [CPAP] Data showing clear airway apneas: central apnea or soft palate collapse? Data inc. JamesD0079 0 801 03-21-2022, 07:50 PM
Last Post: JamesD0079
  Dreamstation CPAP vs Aircurve BiPap data? Data over time for Insp/Exp? Desiree 12 2,283 05-20-2020, 10:00 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  My DME company has vanished(?) without billing me Creosote 3 1,380 03-26-2019, 07:50 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  SpO2 vs CPAP data in Sleepyhead Albercook 8 2,390 09-13-2018, 11:11 AM
Last Post: Albercook
  Transferring to new Hard Drive - Sleepyhead data files Mosquitobait 3 1,624 05-27-2018, 09:00 PM
Last Post: sheepless

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.