Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Sleepyhead data help
Sleepyhead data help
Can someone help me with my sleepyhead data? I've been using the dreamstation since May 2016 and have been noticing my total time in Apnea has been increasing. Here are a couple of screen shots.

If more data from sleepyhead is needed just let me know.

Thanks,
matt

Last Night
[attachment=4392]

Past year
[attachment=4393]
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Sleepyhead data help
Maybe it's time to change the minimum pressure from 8cm to 9cm. Have you gained weight? That can change your AHI.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
(02-12-2018, 07:32 PM)Walla Walla Wrote: Maybe it's time to change the minimum pressure from 8cm to 9cm. Have you gained weight? That can change your AHI.

I have a bit, maybe 10-12 lbs in the two years. I'm about 215 at 6'2"
Post Reply Post Reply
Your machine is not operating as expected for settings of 8-15. For some reason it is reaching 11.0 cm and that all she wrote! Even the typical Respironics Auto pressure increases to test a higher pressure are being decapitated. I'd really like to see you set that machine at 12 to 15, just to see if you can get it to output that pressure. I basically see a minimum pressure of 10 as appropriate at this point in auto mode, but if your machine is unable to properly change pressure, as it certainly should have in this graph, then I would either have it completely checked out, or start using fixed higher pressures.

The Overview chart shows it may be increasing pressure at times, so there may not be a problem. Higher minimum pressure until the events fall to an acceptable level is my recommendation.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-12-2018, 07:47 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: Your machine is not operating as expected for settings of 8-15.  For some reason it is reaching 11.0 cm and that all she wrote!  Even the typical Respironics Auto pressure increases to test a higher pressure are being decapitated.   I'd really like to see you set that machine at 12 to 15, just to see if you can get it to output that pressure.  I basically see a minimum pressure of 10 as appropriate at this point in auto mode, but if your machine is unable to properly change pressure, as it certainly should have in this graph, then I would either have it completely checked out, or start using fixed higher pressures.

The Overview chart shows it may be increasing pressure at times, so there may not be a problem.  Higher minimum pressure until the events fall to an acceptable level is my recommendation.

I can set it up to 12 for the minimum, how long to use it that way to get useable data?
Post Reply Post Reply
It's not so important, it's just a test to make sure your machine gets out past 11.0. If you find that pressure comfortable, it wouldn't hurt to use it. I almost see 11.0 as a good minimum. I'm just a bit perplexed at how flat your pressure stays.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Ok, I'll set it to 12-15 tonight and report back tomorrow with the charts.

Thank you,
matt
Post Reply Post Reply
Good morning,
Here's the data from last night. I found the pressure at 12 a bit uncomfortable in the sense that I woke several times with a very dry mouth. It was not from mouth breathing but internal as if the back of my tongue didn't stay in place and allowed the air into the mouth area at times if that makes sense.

matt

[attachment=4397]
Post Reply Post Reply
Since I found 12cm to be uncomfortable I dropped it back down to 9cm (up from the original 8 cm). Here's the chart from that one, still a pretty flat pressure line.

Any more thoughts? Stick out the higher pressure or keep it back down?

[attachment=4432]
Post Reply Post Reply
I think Sleeprider was right about 11cm. It takes time to adjust to higher pressures for some. Try increasing to 10cm give it a few days than try 11cm.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Doctor says perfect data, but extremely tired - OSCAR Data Auzzyrocks 13 2,651 12-04-2022, 11:25 AM
Last Post: Lucid
Question [Pressure] Doctor can't see detailed data - Can my OSCAR data save me from another sleep study? KidCharlamagne 5 896 09-28-2022, 08:20 AM
Last Post: Gideon
  [CPAP] Data showing clear airway apneas: central apnea or soft palate collapse? Data inc. JamesD0079 0 798 03-21-2022, 07:50 PM
Last Post: JamesD0079
  Dreamstation CPAP vs Aircurve BiPap data? Data over time for Insp/Exp? Desiree 12 2,281 05-20-2020, 10:00 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  SpO2 vs CPAP data in Sleepyhead Albercook 8 2,389 09-13-2018, 11:11 AM
Last Post: Albercook
  Transferring to new Hard Drive - Sleepyhead data files Mosquitobait 3 1,624 05-27-2018, 09:00 PM
Last Post: sheepless
  Two months of SleepyHead Data FirstNoele 4 1,562 05-16-2018, 08:35 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.