Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Sleepyhead data import note changes
Sleepyhead data import note changes
When importing a night's data, Sleepyhead seems to import several night's data (even those previously imported) and will often erase my several previous night's manual detail note entries.  Any suggestions to correct this?  These notes of mine are valuable records of particulars of that night's sleep beyond the mechanics.
(I use a Resmed 10 and download the CD on a MacBook Air and am using the latest Sleepyhead version.)
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Sleepyhead data import note changes
I don't have my machine on right now, but .... in the preferences section, on one of the tabs you will see a setting with something like ........don't import data earlier than ......  then a date .  .......change the date.

If these vague instructions aren't enough, let me know and I  will turn on my machine and get the exact screens.

I don't know why it happened, but this should fix your problem.   Athough you might have to do this every day , which is a drag.
Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
SH shouldn't be erasing journal notes. Are you sure they are being saved? Write a journal note, exit SH and start it up again and see if it saved. If you expand the calendar, on all days you have notes saved the date will be bold.

Example:
I created a note on the 18th
[Image: 18Tzdq0.png]
Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. You can download your data through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Stick it to the man, Download OSCAR and take back control of your data!

Thanks Ian. Like I didn't have enough Honey-Do projects to tackle. Mornincoffee
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you both for your suggestions. Often the notes remain intact for a day or two of importing, but then disappear within 4-7 days of importing (I usually import daily, but notice that the program usually says that it is importing multiple sessions, even for already imported sessions). Notes that survive the 4-7 days, usually are then stably saved. Thank you AlanE for mentioning the bolded day indicator - nice.
In the process of trying the Cpapian suggestion, I may have lost all the data stored on my Mac (probably something I did). I did recover all the SD saved data, about 5 months worth, by putting in a date before I began usage, but all the notes were lost in the process. Not tragic, but the notes are useful to track quality of sleep and associated factors. Maybe that I just don't have the hang of ensuring that data+ notes are properly saved. (Now, I do have to say that I have not usually been quitting Sleepyhead each day and then re-entering user/pw before each new SD card read request, so perhaps that is what I'm doing wrong.
Post Reply Post Reply
exactly where do you save your data folder?
I don't know nothing about Mac oder I-whatever - but don't they have no real "storage" - only the I-cloud-stuff?

maybe you just point your data-folder to a real storage-location - like in: an USB-pen / a local NAS ... some real storage-cloud ... or whatever actually would really store data.

what you describe basically comes down to: SH is not able to actually save your data.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-01-2017, 03:25 PM)Bripin Wrote: (Now, I do have to say that I have not usually been quitting Sleepyhead each day and then re-entering user/pw before each new SD card read request, so perhaps that is what I'm doing wrong.

SH doesn't password protect its data. Sounds like a permissions issue with the folder you are saving SH data to.
Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. You can download your data through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Post Reply Post Reply
I've definitely lost notes with SleepyHead. Doesn't happen often but it's annoying when it does.

But I've never lost "old" notes, only ones I've recently added. I could be wrong, but I think my problem occurs whenever I try to be "cute" with SleepyHead and change stuff in the preferences. When that happens the program does an internal reset of sorts and as a side effect may forget a just added note.

I haven't looked at the source code, but eventually may have to if this problem continues for me. RIght now my superstitious mitigation before changing preferences is to quit SleepyHead and then restart and then change the preferences.

Anyway, blah, blah, blah. If you haven't been playing around with preferences then my suggested solutions will probably not work for you.

Edit: just be be clear, I've been using, programming, and building computers since back in the early 1970s when I used a 10 character per second Teletype ASR 33 terminal to access a time sharing computer. I know that my problems aren't because of "permission" difficulties. I've invoked SleepyHead over 100 times to read new data from an SD card, and I've typed about that many notes in. A "permission" issue wouldn't randomly not save 2 or 3 of those 100 notes.
Post Reply Post Reply
Ok, then you shouldn't have any problem figuring it out. Smile

The permission issue doesn't apply to you but the OP. As stated, SH doesn't password protect its data and I wonder why (or what) is prompting for a name/password for every card read.

If you enable the debug pane, Help > Show Debug Pane, it will alert you when journal entries are saved.

Post Reply Post Reply
(09-01-2017, 08:11 PM)AlanE Wrote: SH doesn't password protect its data.

I need to correct myself here. There is an option when you create a profile in SH to set a password. My bad. I forgot all about that since I never used it. Oh-jeez

If you want to remove this password, open SH and select your profile. Enter your password to open it. go to File > Edit Profile and uncheck Password Protect Profile.

[Image: 8zZ8I2M.png]

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question OK TO IMPORT SLEEP DATA FROM OLD SD CARD INTO OSCAR W/O MESSING UP CURRENT DATA? Plmnb 1 77 Today, 01:07 AM
Last Post: Ibrumley
  Rescan app [doesn't see data import] kerm007 3 141 03-24-2024, 10:59 PM
Last Post: srlevine1
  Cannot import data from ResMed Astral 150 to ResScan or OSCAR BreatheEZ 8 2,336 03-16-2024, 10:18 PM
Last Post: PappaJoe
  OSCAR SpO2 CSV import ST Dog 20 2,728 03-15-2024, 05:09 PM
Last Post: capman
  import data from Philips Alice NightOne into OSCAR FHTC 6 266 03-09-2024, 08:36 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Viatom/WellUE data is different than OSCAR displayed data GordK 3 292 02-23-2024, 04:48 PM
Last Post: GordK
  Data structure / data definition of AirSense 11 CD, CMSd50+ or OSCAR?hing obvious, … Perickson 4 1,629 02-18-2024, 01:49 PM
Last Post: Perickson

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.