Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Sleepyhead doesn't pickup card data
RE: Sleepyhead doesn't pickup card data
One last thought; Try formatting the SD card from your CPAP menu.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
The only mention of the sd card in the DreamStation clinician's or user's manual is that it is there and what the error messages that may be displayed mean. Solutions to the error messages are also listed. There is no mention of any special procedures to write data to a standard sd card. I watched the tech take the card for my machine out of a sealed wrapper and insert it in the machine before he gave it to me.

My experience with the card is it all of the data on the machine will be written to the card when it is inserted into the machine th first time (when I replaced the standard sd card with a wifi card). The card should have a folder named P-Series with a sub folder named something like 1456938. The sub folder contains several folders containing the data, machine settings and a text file. The P-Series folder also contains a text file with a short string of numbers in it.

If the machine can't write to the card after re-formatting it, making sure it is not write protected, and making sure the card reader is working, the next step will be to replace it with a card that is known to be good. If that fails the machine may be defective.

Edit for additional info:
I can't find a way to initiate formatting the card on my DreamStation Pro. The card will need to be formatted to FAT32 on a computer.
Useful Links
Download OSCAR
Organize your OSCAR and SleepyHead charts
Attaching images and files to posts

Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-20-2017, 02:57 PM)pupcamper Wrote: The only mention of the sd card in the DreamStation clinician's or user's manual is that it is there and what the error messages that may be displayed mean. Solutions to the error messages are also listed. There is no mention of any special procedures to write data to a standard sd card. I watched the tech take the card for my machine out of a sealed wrapper and insert it in the machine before he gave it to me.

My experience with the card is it all of the data on the machine will be written to the card when it is inserted into the machine th first time (when I replaced the standard sd card with a wifi card). The card should have a folder named P-Series with a sub folder named something like 1456938. The sub folder contains several folders containing the data, machine settings and a text file. The P-Series folder also contains a text file with a short string of numbers in it.

If the machine can't write to the card after re-formatting it, making sure it is not write protected, and making sure the card reader is working, the next step will be to replace it with a card that is known to be good. If that fails the machine may be defective.

Edit for additional info:
I can't find a way to initiate formatting the card on my DreamStation Pro. The card will need to be formatted to FAT32 on a computer.

hey Pupcamper,

Thanks for the reply. Initially, my card did nothing. It didn't work with the DreamMapper software that was promoted when I obtained
my unit and accessories. 

After messing with the card today on my pc, I was able to save a file to it, and reopen the file as well. I could open 
this arbitrary file both in DreamMapper and the Sleephead software.

I didn't go thru any formatting processing, so unless windows 10 can do that in the background somehow,
I'm guessing the card is still not fully functional.

I will go online to see how to format the card to Fat32. 

My question now: Is there something special I have to do with my cpap machine
to get it to write the data to the card (after it has been formatted)?
I'm not sure if this is an automated process once the card has been formatted and reinserted
into the cpap machine.

Also, should it pick up the entire history of data (approx 30 days) or will it start storing data from tonight
forward when the cpap machine is in use?....assuming it works Smile

Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
Smile 
So, I formatted the SD card to Fat32 and reinserted it back into my Dreamstation cpap unit.
I tried using the option on the cpap machine to send/receive data to see if somehow this
would write the stored data to the SD card.

Apparently it did nothing as the card shows no files when I reinsert it to my pc and open it
with either the DreamMapper or Sleepyhead software.

pupcamper or anyone else know what the next step should be to get the data from
the cpap unit onto the SD card for examination?

Thanks in advance.
Post Reply Post Reply
After formatting the card, it will be blank. It is my understanding that when a card that is inserted into the DreamStation, it will automatically write any sleep data to the card that is not already present on the card. That is what happened when I inserted my Flashair card into my machine for the first time. The data that was on the machine all the way back to my first night was written to the card.

You may be having intermittent card reader problems as well. I just recently had to replace an external card reader due to that problem.

A word of caution when handling the sd card. Be sure to use safe ejecting procedures when removing the card from your machine or computer. If it is still being written to, the data and/or file structure can be corrupted. Formatting will to FAT32 will restore the file structure and if the card is good the machine should be able to write to it.
Useful Links
Download OSCAR

Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
thanks pupcamper.

I guess I'll check it in a while and see if there's data on it.
I have a relatively new pc and laptop, so the card readers should be
working fine.

Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
I would insert a different card it to the machine to see to see if you get the same results. You won't have any doubt when the machine is writing to the card. A card activity screen is displayed warning you not to remove the card. If you have the same problem with a two cards, I would suspect the cpap machine.

There should be data listed in the my info tab of your machine? If it is there, it should be written to your card. If not I would suspect the machine.
Useful Links
Download OSCAR

Post Reply Post Reply
Ok thanks. I do have data accumulated in the cpap machine.
I'm currently getting it via wifi and it updates to my software
site and my mobile app as well.

I was hoping to get the SD card working to use SleepyHead and be
able to post data here.

I'll pick up a different card and try it. The machine appears to be working fine
on all fronts except this one. Could very well be the card or a related card issue.

thanks!
Post Reply Post Reply
Be sure and keep us posted on what works.
Useful Links
Download OSCAR

Post Reply Post Reply
(05-20-2017, 04:24 PM)pupcamper Wrote: I would insert a different card it to the machine to see to see if you get the same results. You won't have any doubt when the machine is writing to the card. A card activity screen is displayed warning you not to remove the card. If you have the same problem with a two cards, I would suspect the cpap machine.

There should be data listed in the my info tab of your machine? If it is there, it should be written to your card. If not I would suspect the machine.

hey pupcamper,

At this point I suspect it's the machine.
I picked up a new card today and I'm not getting anything from
the machine stored onto the new card either. 

I spoke to a representative for the Dreamstation cpap unit. 
They gave me a number to call if a new card
didn't work. It would initiate the process of getting a replacement machine.

Thanks for all your help.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  OSCAR not recognising SD card data from BMC alid 7 268 03-30-2024, 12:44 AM
Last Post: alid
Question OK TO IMPORT SLEEP DATA FROM OLD SD CARD INTO OSCAR W/O MESSING UP CURRENT DATA? Plmnb 3 240 03-29-2024, 11:02 AM
Last Post: Plmnb
  New version doesn't find profile BlueSky1958 7 239 03-26-2024, 04:59 PM
Last Post: LoudSnorer
  Rescan app [doesn't see data import] kerm007 3 263 03-24-2024, 10:59 PM
Last Post: srlevine1
Sad Oscar 1.5.1 Doesn't work on Somoma 14.3.1 biyahero 9 449 02-28-2024, 02:00 AM
Last Post: biyahero
  Viatom/WellUE data is different than OSCAR displayed data GordK 3 329 02-23-2024, 04:48 PM
Last Post: GordK
  Data structure / data definition of AirSense 11 CD, CMSd50+ or OSCAR?hing obvious, … Perickson 4 1,686 02-18-2024, 01:49 PM
Last Post: Perickson

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.