Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Sleepyhead for iPad?
Sleepyhead for iPad?
Anyone know of any effort to port Sleepyhead to the iPad? Data could be obtained via WiFi SD card or through iCloud or other ways instead of directly reading the card, but other than that it would seem doable? Or has it been looked into and evaluated as "no way!"

I would find taking my iPad in with me to see the doctor much easier than taking in printouts.
I am not a Medical professional and I don't play one on the internet.
Started CPAP Therapy April 5, 2016
I'd Rather Be Sleeping
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Sleepyhead for iPad?
There is talk of android tablet support in a future release. Sorry I haven't heard anything on IOS. Someone may have a way to get it working on that platform.
Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. You can download your data through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Stick it to the man, Download OSCAR and take back control of your data!

Thanks Ian. Like I didn't have enough Honey-Do projects to tackle. Mornincoffee
Post Reply Post Reply
If no one is doing it, I might be interested. My thoughts were to let Sleepyhead do all the heavily lifting by collecting and syncing the data from various sources as it does, and then send that data to the iPad for display only. So, basically just some interactive charts and graphs and a little code to read SH's data.
I'd Rather Be Sleeping
Post Reply Post Reply
If I were going to take things in on a tablet, I'd just set my printer to create an adobe PDF. There are aps to open PDFs on tablets.
Just push the PDF to tablet and take it with me. Also, ResScan creates reports in PDF.

As for writing an ap for iOS devices. The developer, JediMark, has his hands full adding new xPAPs like the Dreamstation. Then to get an ap in the Apple Ap store requires a bunch of hoops to jump through.

Bottom line -- go for it Frank. I'm looking for an excuse to buy an iPAD.
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
Well, I could just printout the reports, but I like being able to search and zoom in on specific points in time when talking to the doctor. I will look into what would be needed to do an app, I am already registered Apple Dev and have a couple iPad apps in the oven. Might be fun, like I said Sleepyhead has already done all the heavy lifting, I just need to look into his data reading code and port it over to Swift...
I'd Rather Be Sleeping
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-07-2016, 05:03 PM)FrankNichols Wrote: Well, I could just printout the reports, but I like being able to search and zoom in on specific points in time when talking to the doctor. I will look into what would be needed to do an app, I am already registered Apple Dev and have a couple iPad apps in the oven. Might be fun, like I said Sleepyhead has already done all the heavy lifting, I just need to look into his data reading code and port it over to Swift...

Hi Frank,
I, for one, would love having an IOS app for SH, since I use a laptop from work but my IPad I own. I would need the tech guy at work to approve my installing SH, whereas on my IPad, with an excellent app, I could do it myself.
Good luck with this worthy venture!
Best,
Jeffo1
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-02-2016, 02:45 AM)Jeffo1 Wrote:
(04-07-2016, 05:03 PM)FrankNichols Wrote: Well, I could just printout the reports, but I like being able to search and zoom in on specific points in time when talking to the doctor. I will look into what would be needed to do an app, I am already registered Apple Dev and have a couple iPad apps in the oven. Might be fun, like I said Sleepyhead has already done all the heavy lifting, I just need to look into his data reading code and port it over to Swift...

Hi Frank,
I, for one, would love having an IOS app for SH, since I use a laptop from work but my IPad I own. I would need the tech guy at work to approve my installing SH, whereas on my IPad, with an excellent app, I could do it myself.
Good luck with this worthy venture!
Best,
Jeffo1

I am working my way through it now, I have the UI working and am working on reading the data files. Once I can read the data files reliably, I will post here looking for some beta testers.
I'd Rather Be Sleeping
Post Reply Post Reply
Frank:

I use an iPad and would be a willing beta tester when you are ready.
Coffee

Happy Pappin'
Never Give In, Never Give Up

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. 
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-05-2016, 11:46 PM)sonicboom Wrote: Frank:

I use an iPad and would be a willing beta tester when you are ready.

Thats great! I will have something to play with in a week or two.

I expect my first pass will use data from a WiFi SD card, and then once that is working I will work out how to get data into the iPad via iCloud or directly from your PC/Mac. Any suggestions on what would work for you would be useful. Possibly sending the data to the iPad via email, but not all servers can handle large attachments.

Let me know.

Frank
I'd Rather Be Sleeping
Post Reply Post Reply
FrankNichols,

It's great that you have some interest in trying to make SleepyHead compatible with an iPad. I would suggest that you contact JediMark. The most reliable way to contact him seems to be through Facebook. There is SleepyHead facebook group that he has started over there and he seems to post there more than he posts around here. His facebook profile is under his real name, Mark Watkins. So if you do facebook, you might want to look him up and send him a Friend request with a message about your interest in working on this project.
Questions about SleepyHead?  
See my Guide to SleepyHead
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Software for iPad wallybru 4 1,050 09-18-2023, 02:07 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  Oscar on Apple ipad wallybru 3 1,318 09-18-2023, 12:19 AM
Last Post: wallybru
  P&K software missing OSCAR? Ipad or WIn7 only sunnysky 7 807 05-21-2022, 07:36 PM
Last Post: pholynyk
  Download [will OSCAR work on iPad Pro?] Mikec1962 8 4,899 04-16-2020, 01:07 PM
Last Post: untoutseul05
  SH App on iPad NorthCoastLocal 10 3,350 04-03-2019, 01:33 PM
Last Post: becker44a
  Key response time on my IPad Rcgop 6 2,129 04-28-2018, 11:58 AM
Last Post: BTS1
  Sleepyhead for IPad BiBob 5 4,943 05-19-2014, 04:53 PM
Last Post: Homerec130

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.