Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Sleepyhead: forgotten passsword.... any idea how to find it/change it?
Sleepyhead: forgotten passsword.... any idea how to find it/change it?
After 3 unsuccessful tries, it just boots me out.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Sleepyhead: forgotten passsword.... any idea how to find it/change it?
Is there really any reason you should hide or lock away this data from anybody, much less yourself?

Create a new profile, and this time don't set a password.
Post Reply Post Reply
You will need to edit the Profile.xml in [YourDocumentsFolder]/SleepyHeadData/Profiles/[YourProfile]/Profile.xml. If using a Windows PC, then Wordpad is a good choice.

Change the password line to look like this: <Password type="QString"></Password>

Warning: Be careful to keep the XML structure intact or your profile won't load.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
well that's pretty brilliant - tx.  basically i have so few brain cells on board i can hardly think...
Post Reply Post Reply
Apologies for resurrecting this Thread. 

I have just installed ResScan 6.0, I had removed an older version quite a few months ago and was using SleepyHead-1.0.0-beta-2-Snapshot-Win32-OpenGL-20160422 whenever I wanted to look at something, which was rarely.
My problem is that when I try to log into the new ReScan 6.0 it asks me for my Username & Password, I have no idea what my password was. Oops
I have tried the above fix in this Thread but nothing works for me.

Can somebody help an old codger out please.
My OS is Win 7 Ultimate, NOD32 v12.0.31.0 AntiVirus and Malwarebytes v3.6.1.2711 and Office 2007.
Pedro
Post Reply Post Reply
The password requirement is the difference between ResScan 5.9 and 6.0.  If you have a Microsoft account, then you use your username and password from that account.  
Here is a link to how to find this information:
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...#pid264444

I would recommend that you install ResScan 5.9 and avoid the hassle.  The link to download version 5.9 is in the email containing the 6.0 link.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-17-2018, 07:49 PM)Crimson Nape Wrote: The password requirement is the difference between ResScan 5.9 and 6.0.  If you have a Microsoft account, then you use your username and password from that account.  
Here is a link to how to find this information:
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...#pid264444

I would recommend that you install ResScan 5.9 and avoid the hassle.  The link to download version 5.9 is in the email containing the 6.0 link.

Damn!

I should remember to read emails from start to finish instead of just plucking out the part/s I "think" I need.

Thanks  Crimson Nape.
Pedro
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-27-2018, 02:59 PM)Crimson Nape Wrote: You will need to edit the Profile.xml in [YourDocumentsFolder]/SleepyHeadData/Profiles/[YourProfile]/Profile.xml.  If using a Windows PC, then Wordpad is a good choice.

Change the password line to look like this: <Password type="QString"></Password>

Warning: Be careful to keep the XML structure intact or your profile won't load.

Thanks!  
I didn't forget my password... just made it too complicated and sometimes made errors.  

Didn't realize you weren't obligated to use one.

I just did as you suggested using BBEdit on a Mac to edit the Profile.xml file and it worked perfectly!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Wellue data off since daylight savings change brainfoggysleeper 0 14 4 hours ago
Last Post: brainfoggysleeper
  New version doesn't find profile BlueSky1958 7 233 03-26-2024, 04:59 PM
Last Post: LoudSnorer
Question Change Statistics view default to Monthly instead of Standard? retro 4 590 10-06-2023, 07:45 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Cant Find Old Oscar Data Julia63 1 540 10-05-2023, 08:33 AM
Last Post: Julia63
  OSCAR Profile page recent change GordK 3 581 09-05-2023, 05:01 PM
Last Post: GordK
Sad please help me to find software for respicare 25 bpap machine thank you sangamesh 0 584 06-19-2023, 12:31 PM
Last Post: sangamesh
Question MADE USER NAME CHANGE TO MY COMPUTER: NEED HELP WITH OSCAR ERROR MESSAGE Plmnb 8 931 04-08-2023, 10:17 AM
Last Post: Plmnb

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.