Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

EncorePro sleep intervals
RE: EncorePro sleep intervals
OK. Found the setting & changed it, but there seems to be a bug. It does not adjust for Daylight Saving Time even when I have the button clicked to tell it to.

Also, is this the most I can expect from this software in terms of identifying times during the night when I turn it off then back on? It seems that I cannot accurately determine the exact time that it was turned off then back on. I KNOW this data is captured in the card.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-29-2016, 07:36 AM)SamStamport Wrote: Also, is this the most I can expect from this software in terms of identifying times during the night when I turn it off then back on? It seems that I cannot accurately determine the exact time that it was turned off then back on. I KNOW this data is captured in the card.

Unfortunately, the answer is YES, this is the best that Encore Pro will do---unless you download the data every single day and plow through the multiple pages of wave flow data looking for the places where you turned the machine off and on. There will be gaps it the wave flow data that start every time you turn the machine off.

If you look at the Daily Details data for a given day, you can sometimes get a slightly better estimate on how long each session lasted by looking at the Pressure or Leak graphs. There are no meaningful time stamps on these graphs---the time values are based on how many hours it has been since you first turned the machine on at the beginning of the night. So if you turned the machine on at 11:25, t=2 means it's 1:25. It's still not very satisfying to try to figure out the beginning and end of each session this way.

As for why Encore is set up this way: Remember that Encore is designed as patient management software for DMEs and doctor offices to use. They are usually not particularly interested in the exact times that a particular patient turns the machine off and on each night. Rather they are just looking for a quick impression about usage. If a doc sees a lots of fragmented usage on most nights of 3-6 months of usage data, s/he knows that the person is getting pretty fragmented sleep and that s/he should talk to the patient about why the sleep is so fragmented and whether there's something that can or should be tried to fix the problem. The doc really doesn't need (or want) to get bogged down in wading through the start/end times for each session in 3 months or more of data.

SH, on the other hand, was written by a patient and for patients to use to monitor their own therapy. Hence it includes everything that JediMark has been able to find on the card and interpret. Hopefully it won't be too much longer before he decides to re-release SH 1.0-beta.
Questions about SleepyHead?  
See my Guide to SleepyHead
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks so much.

I look forward to the time when SH supports DreamStation.
Post Reply Post Reply
Have you checked the time on your DreamStation? It is in the My Setup section of your machine's menu. I suspect that is where your problem may be. Encore should display the time for events your machine provides. If I remember correctly, Dream Station does not adjust for daylight savings time.
Useful Links
Download OSCAR
Organize your OSCAR and SleepyHead charts
Attaching images and files to posts

Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Sleep HQ now can import Apple Watch sleep data JCW888 2 1,829 06-02-2023, 12:14 PM
Last Post: Dog Slobber
Question Installing SQL for EncorePro Dee Nyal 16 3,410 08-07-2022, 12:46 PM
Last Post: KSMike
  EncorePro 2.24 - Dream Station 2 Data Files Steve Dever 3 1,097 11-09-2021, 08:54 PM
Last Post: Steve Dever
  EncorePro 2 password locked [unlock utility in post #3] KSMike 33 13,665 03-15-2021, 06:30 AM
Last Post: Faruvaa
  EncorePro install on Windows 10 cluainsi 2 988 03-09-2021, 09:50 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  EncorePro 2.4 installation problem fantasychun 7 1,384 02-13-2021, 05:09 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  How stop change of view duration when clicking & dragging to check time intervals? 2SleepBetta 10 1,706 07-29-2020, 02:47 AM
Last Post: 2SleepBetta

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.