Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Sleepyhead install missing .dll
Sleepyhead install missing .dll
Tried to install the latest sleepyhead for windows on a Win 7 Laptop.

But it keeps saying it is missing a MACVR120.DLL.

I tried downloading a copy only to end up with some 14 crappy little programs stuck on my system, and IF not for system restore I would still be trying to rip all those worms out.

So what do I have to do??

Thanks for your help.

Rich
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Sleepyhead install missing .dll
Here is the Microsoft dll download as listed on the SleepyHead webpage See the link is at the top of this page for any additional information..

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download...x?id=40784

Scroll down below the Windows 10 ad to get to the download area.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks sad to say did not fix it.

Rich
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-14-2016, 07:59 PM)racprops Wrote: Tried to install the latest sleepyhead for windows on a Win 7 Laptop.

But it keeps saying it is missing a MACVR120.DLL.

I tried downloading a copy only to end up with some 14 crappy little programs stuck on my system, and IF not for system restore I would still be trying to rip all those worms out.

So what do I have to do??

Thanks for your help.

Rich

MACVR120.DLL. or MSVCR120.dll?

Where did it install the dll's? Why did you want to remove them?

Did you get the vcredist files directly from Microsoft?
Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have the same problem on a Bootcamp windoze 10 machine
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-17-2016, 07:24 AM)Zeeez Wrote: I have the same problem on a Bootcamp windoze 10 machine

Same questions:

MACVR120.DLL. or MSVCR120.dll?

Where did it install the dll's? Why did you want to remove them?

Did you get the vcredist files directly from Microsoft?
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
I installed the software on Windows 10. It works fine, however, it tells me that my model 1160P is not currently supported. I found a 'patch' on one of the boards, installed it, and it now tells me there's a dll file missing. I found the missing file, installed it, and now it tells me there's ANOTHER missing dll file. Isn't there an easier way to read the files from the SD card? Is it a proprietary format that requires something special to read it?
Post Reply Post Reply
G'day bawlmer, welcome to Apnea Board

Quote:Isn't there an easier way to read the files from the SD card? Is it a proprietary format that requires something special to read it?

The data on the card is in a proprietary format, which is not published by the manufacturers. In addition, the data format is slightly different for every model in a manufacturer's range. Therefore it takes a near genius like Mark Watkins (JediMark) to get hold of the data files, tease them apart and work out what each byte is telling us. He has done this for just about every Resmed and Respironics model and from other makers as well. Then wrapped them up in software which is more elegant and useful than anything put out by the manufacturers.

The only other option that I am aware of is to get hold of the manufacturer's own software (in your case a version of Encore) and use that. You can find the relevant links here: http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-P...-and-Links

If I understand it correctly the missing dll files (dynamic linked libraries) issue occurs because Microsoft won't allow developers to bundle the dlls with their software - they have to come from Microsoft.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-19-2016, 09:28 PM)bawlmer Wrote: I installed the software on Windows 10. It works fine, however, it tells me that my model 1160P is not currently supported. I found a 'patch' on one of the boards, installed it, and it now tells me there's a dll file missing. I found the missing file, installed it, and now it tells me there's ANOTHER missing dll file. Isn't there an easier way to read the files from the SD card? Is it a proprietary format that requires something special to read it?

Jedimark would like to have a copy of your sd card, to help provide more data so that he can better support the 1160 in sleepyhead.

please consider zipping up the *entire* contents of the card and uploading it with this link:

https://www.dropbox.com/request/MPAgpT7t33HK0tlCW3mu

Post Reply Post Reply
For more reference, here's a how-to on saving and zipping up your SD card data:

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php..._Card_Data

SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [split] OSCAR v1.5.2 is Install Problems millerdq 1 44 Yesterday, 03:29 PM
Last Post: LoudSnorer
  OSCAR Windows Portable No-Install CraigKevin 17 2,385 03-14-2024, 02:25 AM
Last Post: Ossy01
  Total Time In Apnea is missing ElUno 3 321 02-26-2024, 09:23 AM
Last Post: LoudSnorer
  Flow Rate and Mask pressure missing BuzzaJim 9 527 01-30-2024, 03:55 PM
Last Post: BuzzaJim
Question Failed drive, now cannot install or uninstall Oscar jmac862 8 737 01-08-2024, 04:00 PM
Last Post: SGKent
  Löwenstein Prisma Soft - missing days bstabens 6 732 11-26-2023, 01:12 PM
Last Post: bstabens
  Can't install Oscar. Ficklid22 14 1,575 11-13-2023, 12:36 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.