Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Sleepyhead interpretation
Sleepyhead interpretation
Another newbie here. So glad I stumbled upon this forum, it's been a wealth of information and comfort.

Just installed a copy of Sleepyhead and imported the data but was trying to find a thread or ? to help me interpret the results. I'm guessing this topic has been covered umpteen times but I can't seem to locate any guidance on how to interpret the data via search. Not trying to reinvent the wheel but since starting therapy 8mos ago I have been curious as to how effective the treatment is working. Both my doc and dme seem disinterested in anything now that I have paid for the machine.

Thanks for any guidance.

MZE

Attched sleepyhead summary.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Sleepyhead interpretation
The file you sent must be a file from SleepyHead itself.

http://sourceforge.net/apps/mediawiki/sl...=Main_Page - SH wiki
http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php?title=Acronyms - acronyms and the like to help you learn what is where and why
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...e-JediMark - thread here. It's a HUGE thread but skimming through it may help.

Just keep gathering data as you learn. Just remember the S9 Autoset only holds onto detailed data for 7 days so download that data before that. I download every Wed and Sat just so I don't lose any. It holds other data for 30 days and minimum data for 365 days.

Do you have any specific questions or just general "What the heckaroni am I looking at?" questions?
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
Hi mzegeek,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
You have come to the right place for lots of help and information.
Best of luck.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks PaulaO2,

A bit confused, did I upload the wrong file? What I thought I was uploading was an export from sleepyhead.

I did read through the the links you posted. Thanks.

Yes, just trying to decipher the data to know how well therapy is working.

MZE

(05-22-2013, 10:47 AM)PaulaO2 Wrote: The file you sent must be a file from SleepyHead itself.

Just keep gathering data as you learn. Just remember the S9 Autoset only holds onto detailed data for 7 days so download that data before that. I download every Wed and Sat just so I don't lose any. It holds other data for 30 days and minimum data for 365 days.

Do you have any specific questions or just general "What the heckaroni am I looking at?" questions?

Post Reply Post Reply
Usually we just do screenshots vs uploading files. The file was a .csv file, basically just a raw data file. I was able to view it but it's a huge list of 185 lines of data. Even then, it is not all the data available to you. Just the AHI and the number of events. Do you have the Autoset or the Escape Auto?

Get a feel for what is normal range for you. Then you'll be able to spot the "not normal".

What I look at first is the AHI for each night. If it is "off", I look at the duration of the events, the kind of events, and how they relate to each other. If I have several together, I then check the leak rate for that time. If the leak is fine, then that means I was probably on my back or in really deep sleep. I also will glance at the snore level. After the AHI, I also look at the flow limitation. Not really sure what it is but I've gotten used to seeing what is "normal" for me and what is not.

PaulaO

Post Reply Post Reply
Got it. Thanks for your patience.

So if I understand the significant items are AHI and events. Quick question - what is a normal AHI vs a level that would cause alarm i.e. doctor's visit?
Are events the same as obstructions etc?
I've uploaded a screen shot of a daily graph if that helps. Sorry to be a pain, I'm sure once I understand what the readings mean I'll be able to monitor myself.
Thanks again for you help.

(05-22-2013, 08:02 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote: Usually we just do screenshots vs uploading files. The file was a .csv file, basically just a raw data file. I was able to view it but it's a huge list of 185 lines of data. Even then, it is not all the data available to you. Just the AHI and the number of events. Do you have the Autoset or the Escape Auto?

Get a feel for what is normal range for you. Then you'll be able to spot the "not normal".

What I look at first is the AHI for each night. If it is "off", I look at the duration of the events, the kind of events, and how they relate to each other. If I have several together, I then check the leak rate for that time. If the leak is fine, then that means I was probably on my back or in really deep sleep. I also will glance at the snore level. After the AHI, I also look at the flow limitation. Not really sure what it is but I've gotten used to seeing what is "normal" for me and what is not.

Post Reply Post Reply
Your numbers looks excellent
AHI ... anything below 5 is considered good treatment
Leak ... anything below 24 L/min is an acceptable leak

Because numbers are so good, dare I suggest to change anything but you need more hours of sleep and go back to sleep straight away when getting up during the night

Try experiment with EPR, over time you find its not needed as you get used to set pressure and find its not hard to exhale at set pressure

As pressure set @ 6 and EPR @ 3, pressure does not drop below 4 so its like using EPR @ 2

Post Reply Post Reply
As Zonk said, anything less than 5 in terms of AHI is the goal. After using it for a while, some folks tweak stuff a little to get it even lower. We should give out badges for folks whose average is less than 1.

So your AHI is great.
Your leak rate is great. Some spikes but they are very short.
Your flow limitation is fairly even all night.

You're doing great!

At that low a pressure, you may want to turn EPR off after you finish adjusting. Give it several weeks at least then start fiddling with the pressure.

After all these years at 12 or more, I don't think I could breathe with a pressure that low! Amazing what we get used to.
PaulaO

Post Reply Post Reply
I have another question, I slept well last night and thought my numbers this morning would be good. my AHI was 6 and the report said that I had 46 obstructive events which concerns me. On the report, it has the event number, the time and another number, my question is, Is the last number the amount of seconds I quit breathing for that event?
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-24-2014, 09:47 AM)JJordan Wrote: I have another question, I slept well last night and thought my numbers this morning would be good. my AHI was 6 and the report said that I had 46 obstructive events which concerns me. On the report, it has the event number, the time and another number, my question is, Is the last number the amount of seconds I quit breathing for that event?

I found the answer, and it is the amount of seconds that I quit breathing. It only records any event with less than 20 seconds. I called my Dr. and expressed my concern. He said that the total calculations over a period of time is what they are looking at. Hmmm.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  First time looking at graphs interpretation help smallhandsfeeding 1 244 03-11-2024, 08:12 AM
Last Post: jdavis
  APAP Trial - First Night's Results - Interpretation? Juicy 9 4,177 03-04-2024, 09:34 AM
Last Post: colethegamer
Smile How is my OSCAR data looking? Help with interpretation deirdrepen 3 227 02-29-2024, 07:24 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Inconsistent sleep - OSCAR interpretation dadjackets 2 267 02-21-2024, 11:58 AM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  AutoSV data interpretation assistance needed PappaJoe 21 687 02-11-2024, 09:38 AM
Last Post: PappaJoe
  [CPAP] Help with data interpretation and pressure settings Strange54 3 362 01-25-2024, 05:20 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  Need help with flow limitation interpretation Clementine39 6 443 01-14-2024, 05:04 PM
Last Post: Gideon

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.