Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Sleepyhead - interpreting results
Is there a way to tell when "sleep" actually begins and ends?
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  
Not really, you need a brainwave monitor to do that. However, some folks that have been doing this for a long time can get a good idea by looking at their breathing pattern on Sleepyhead. I think I remember reading that anyway.

There used to be a product called Zeo that did measure brainwaves and sent the data to a bedside device. It was a great product that helped me discover many things that caused me sleep problems. Unfortunately, they went out of business a couple years ago.

A new product on the market just recently called Sleep Shepherd Blue can measure brainwaves and help with other sleep issues.
Post Reply Post Reply
I use a Garmin VivoFit fitness tracker watch.... it does a reasonably accurate job of recording actual sleep time.

It also gives a break up of deep v light sleep based on slow or rapid body movements while asleep, though this is not as accurate as being wired up with electrodes monitoring brainwaves, it does give a reasonable guide.

The VivoFit tracks walking/distance/steps and other activities as well... similar to the FitBit, and all the other myriad of activity trackers do, just cheaper than most.
Post Reply Post Reply
I was looking at traces on a couple Sleepyhead charts. I *think* I can see some repetitive patterns that indicate sleep. What I wanted to do was to get a feel for how long it took to actually fall asleep ("sleep latency"?). Some nights it feels like it takes forever, but when I look at the clock it really hasn't been very long. Plus, it gives me a chance to skip past any junk that gets recorded while I'm still awake.
Post Reply Post Reply
I can usually get a pretty good idea by looking at a zoomed in waveform and waiting until it become regular for a period of time.
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Results input sought before visit to (untrustworthy) DME on Tuesday DougM 11 317 02-20-2018, 12:23 PM
Last Post: PsychoMike
  My Sleep Study Results housemusic1 1 159 02-12-2018, 10:39 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Leaking But good results msw4477 2 173 02-07-2018, 12:03 PM
Last Post: Sleep2Snore
  Sleep Study Results Comparison with ResScan and Sleepyhead Data from same night Nito 11 422 02-02-2018, 08:12 AM
Last Post: Walla Walla
  I’m new [interpreting my numbers] Riverbank 20 621 01-23-2018, 07:46 AM
Last Post: Sleep2Snore
  Newbie sharing results of lower AHIs mr. walters 8 282 01-12-2018, 11:33 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  [CPAP] How many charts/images needed for help interpreting results? mr. walters 8 343 01-03-2018, 11:23 PM
Last Post: mr. walters