Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Sleepyhead - interpreting results
Sleepyhead - interpreting results
Is there a way to tell when "sleep" actually begins and ends?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Sleepyhead - interpreting results
Not really, you need a brainwave monitor to do that. However, some folks that have been doing this for a long time can get a good idea by looking at their breathing pattern on Sleepyhead. I think I remember reading that anyway.

There used to be a product called Zeo that did measure brainwaves and sent the data to a bedside device. It was a great product that helped me discover many things that caused me sleep problems. Unfortunately, they went out of business a couple years ago.

A new product on the market just recently called Sleep Shepherd Blue can measure brainwaves and help with other sleep issues.
Post Reply Post Reply
I use a Garmin VivoFit fitness tracker watch.... it does a reasonably accurate job of recording actual sleep time.

It also gives a break up of deep v light sleep based on slow or rapid body movements while asleep, though this is not as accurate as being wired up with electrodes monitoring brainwaves, it does give a reasonable guide.

The VivoFit tracks walking/distance/steps and other activities as well... similar to the FitBit, and all the other myriad of activity trackers do, just cheaper than most.
Post Reply Post Reply
I was looking at traces on a couple Sleepyhead charts. I *think* I can see some repetitive patterns that indicate sleep. What I wanted to do was to get a feel for how long it took to actually fall asleep ("sleep latency"?). Some nights it feels like it takes forever, but when I look at the clock it really hasn't been very long. Plus, it gives me a chance to skip past any junk that gets recorded while I'm still awake.
Post Reply Post Reply
I can usually get a pretty good idea by looking at a zoomed in waveform and waiting until it become regular for a period of time.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question [Diagnosis] Home Sleep Study Results & Feedback togapilot 6 532 03-26-2024, 02:36 PM
Last Post: togapilot
  Help Interpreting Charts to ID Potential Palatal Prolapse - Deep Sleep Issue reedro287 5 102 03-26-2024, 08:39 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Can someone take a look at my OSCAR results? 3-4 weeks of CPAP & still improvements senseisaitama 5 133 03-24-2024, 10:43 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Help interpreting iMatrix resvent Data Adamby1047 0 100 03-16-2024, 12:59 PM
Last Post: Adamby1047
  [CPAP] Please help me interpret my results baganaz 2 181 03-14-2024, 12:48 PM
Last Post: baganaz
  Interpreting Oscar values SleepingTight 0 139 03-10-2024, 06:53 PM
Last Post: SleepingTight
  [CPAP] Persistant night waking - Oscar results help please philjones 0 158 03-07-2024, 05:39 PM
Last Post: philjones

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.