Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

ResScan is better than SleepyHead
RE: ResScan is better than SleepyHead
I am trying both, my head is still spinning!!!Coffee
Post Reply Post Reply
Burn the heretic!!!

[Image: monty_python_witch-701441.jpg]
Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply
Y'all keep talking about Sleepyhead and ResScan.

Just wait until you get to try Encore!
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-19-2015, 07:08 PM)archangle Wrote: Burn the heretic!!!

Dielaughing Dielaughing

Yes, I have always cherished heresy. I was the only girl to wear non-white shoes with my white graduation gown way back in high school. I also don't like the P10 pillow. (Detailed reasons were provided in another thread).

With all the extremely personal information we share on this forum for the benefit of ourselves and others, I have been surprised to learn in this thread that some are offended by being asked to be accurate/complete regarding their reason for preferring a software package. IMHO it is not too much to say "I much prefer the SH user interface."......or display format, or speed of loading, or whatever.

I appreciate all the replies that have supplied that kind of information.

To those folks who are offended I would suggest - if you don't want to reveal them or be asked about them, perhaps you shouldn't offer in a post that you have preferences.

if you can't decide then you don't have enough data.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-19-2015, 10:18 PM)MobileBasset Wrote: To those folks who are offended I would suggest - if you don't want to reveal them or be asked about them, perhaps you shouldn't offer in a post that you have preferences.

I don't mind being asked. I do mind being told I must. It's my right to give you whatever answer I like.

As to your last sentence I will not, for the sake of decorum tell you what I really think of it.

Ed Seedhouse
VA7SDH

Part cow since February 2018.

Trust your mind less and your brain more.

Post Reply Post Reply
(08-19-2015, 10:18 PM)MobileBasset Wrote: To those folks who are offended I would suggest - if you don't want to reveal them or be asked about them, perhaps you shouldn't offer in a post that you have preferences.

Not offended at all, as I responded to your PM as to why I like Sleepyhead, and I thought it would give more detail than ResScan, but never having used ResScan, I can only assume that fact from other folks posts.

I would not be defensive if someone said to me, I don't like sleepyhead, or Encore, or whatever. As I said previously, we should be able to make our own choices.

Now, I am done with this conversation as I don't feel it is productive or helps anyone.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I prefer Encore Pro, at least the previous version. The new one not so much, but I do prefer it over to Sleepyhead. What I do like about SH is that the information is right there, with Rescan I have to dig deep to find my AHI. Perhaps I am doing something wrong with Rescan.

With the latest Encore Pro, I think they Respironics over complicated the program needlessly and made it ridiculously resource and storage hungry.

On the contrary, SH is very light but it's horribly buggy. After several downloads, the AHI becomes grossly inaccurate for some unknown reason. At least with the other two official apps, they are both accurate.
Post Reply Post Reply
Just to clarify.... Smile

Encore Pro, Encore Basic only work with Respironics cpaps.

ResScan only works with ResMed cpaps.

SleepyHead works with both.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ResScan 7 help! [password issues] DakotaNorth 2 93 03-26-2024, 12:42 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  Cannot import data from ResMed Astral 150 to ResScan or OSCAR BreatheEZ 8 2,335 03-16-2024, 10:18 PM
Last Post: PappaJoe
  Does ResScan delete detailed logs/records from the SD card after downloading them? Determinism 5 179 03-15-2024, 05:40 AM
Last Post: srlevine1
  ResScan 7.1 nawolfor 2 374 02-26-2024, 10:29 PM
  NOTICE: ResScan 7.1 Software now available [for ResMed machines only] SuperSleeper 0 433 02-26-2024, 10:27 PM
Thumbsup ResScan 7.0 now available! [old version] SuperSleeper 54 17,624 12-30-2023, 07:44 PM
Last Post: jocemar
  OSCAR and ResScan export to csv notis58 0 609 04-24-2023, 05:45 PM
Last Post: notis58

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.