Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Sleepyhead not starting...
Sleepyhead not starting...
After running Sleepyhead flawlessly since Feb, today it won't start.  I think it's due to Win 10 doing an "update", however I'm not 100% sure.  Rebooting didn't help.

When I click on the icon, I don't even get the "select user" box.  I even tried to start it "as administrator".

I don't want to uninstall/reinstall for fear of loosing all my notes that I've made in Sleepyhead.

I'm running Win 10 Home.  Vers: 1703.  OS Build: 15063.250.  64-bit OS

Any clue what I can do to get Sleepyhead running again?  Or preserving my notes?

Thanks,
Randy R...
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Sleepyhead not starting...
It sounds like your desktop shortcut might be corrupt. Go into the folder where the main program is, likely on your C drive, and find the application file that runs the program. Double click on it and see if it runs. If so, create a new shortcut to that file.
Coffee

Happy Pappin'
Never Give In, Never Give Up

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. 
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-27-2017, 11:03 AM)sonicboom Wrote: It sounds like your desktop shortcut might be corrupt.  Go into the folder where the main program is, likely on your C drive, and find the application file that runs the program.  Double click on it and see if it runs.  If so, create a new shortcut to that file.

Thanks, but unfortunately double clicking on the application file in the folder doesn't work either...  Same result.
Post Reply Post Reply
Do you have a backup of the pre windows update? You might try system restore to the backup point where you remember the program last working. If that is not available or doesn't work you might have to reinstall the program. Stay tuned for ideas from others though before you do that.
Coffee

Happy Pappin'
Never Give In, Never Give Up

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. 
Post Reply Post Reply
make at first a COMPLETE Shutdown (that is totally different to what you might do if you power off your computer normally^^)

press win + r ... in that window type in:

shutdown /g /f

and then press enter ... might take a minute^^ ... be sure to close evrything before that. (and check if the computer is indeed performing an update ... you might not want to screw with that as the creators update is lurking around the corner - and that is quite extensive^^ ... took me 5 hours to complete Huhsign )

if that does not fix the problem a reinstall won't most likely neither
Post Reply Post Reply
Try running Event Viewer immediately after the SH startup crash.   Type in the name in the Start->Search box.  Go to: Custom Views->Administrative Events.  See if any errors show up that are related to SH. This may show a bad dll file.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
From the Event Viewer:
Faulting application name: SleepyHead.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x064d0b28
Faulting module name: nvoglv32.DLL, version: 22.21.13.8178, time stamp: 0x58ee84a9
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x00acee5f
Faulting process id: 0x37e0
Faulting application start time: 0x01d2bf86cad01cfd
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\SleepyHead\SleepyHead.exe
Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\nvoglv32.DLL
Report Id: db962af0-061a-433a-8b1c-636279a618a0
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

I looked for "C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\nvoglv32.DLL", and this file is not on my computer. I found "nvoglv64.dll", but not the "...32.dll".

A google search on this file is leading me to believe that this is an Nvida file which might have gotten corrupted...
Post Reply Post Reply
Problem SOLVED!!!

I found nvoglv32.dll in C:\WINDOWS\SysWOW64 and copied it to C:\WINDOWS\System32.
Post Reply Post Reply
Yep!  That's probably your bad boy.  I did a search on my 'puter and found I had 6 different copies of it.  I have provided a download link to the newest one for you.  I'm very leery of just getting one off of the net because of so many DLL's or their download software are corrupted with malware. Also, you could try running the SleepyHead-BrokenGL.exe

Here is the download link:
nvoglv32.dll

I hope this will help.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
did the complete restart really not help??? (I emphasize the complete that much because the normal is restart behavior in windows is "fast restart" which means that the kernel-session does NOT get restarted - it is simply hibernated)

what you decribed really looked like a driver update without the needed restart.

on a 64-bit system:
the 64-bit files are in system32 and the 32-bit files are in syswow64 (makes perfect sense - doesn't it?)
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Starting OSCAR BigData 4 779 06-14-2023, 06:38 PM
Last Post: Gideon
Question STARTING OVER: CHART ISSUE/QUESTION Plmnb 4 526 03-24-2023, 06:50 AM
Last Post: Plmnb

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.