Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Sleepyhead or Rescan
I gather Sleepyhead may be the better software but which is easiest to set up and learn. I will be using i twith my S8 vantiage.
Post Reply Post Reply
No support for the S8 from Sleepyhead, so I think you're going to like ResScan better.
Sleepyhead:
Supports Philips Respironics System One and DreamStation Machines
Supports ResMed S9 and AirSense 10 CPAP machines
Supports DeVilbiss Intellipap machines
Supports Fisher & Paykel Icon machines
Post Reply Post Reply
Well I will be darned. I just installed both of them and got some data with the Rescan but this explains why I was getting no where with Sleepyhead. With Rescan when I download data can it be in the user menu or do I need to be in the clinical menu ?
Post Reply Post Reply

I got ResScan installed and working but all it will display is the basic graph.
Is the basic graph all that is available when using the S8 Vantage? I do have it in cpap mode if that makes any difference.
Post Reply Post Reply
E.W., Your profile lists a Remstar. You need Encore software for your machine. ResScan ONLY works with Resmed machines.
Apnea Helpful Tips
Post Reply Post Reply
The S8 does not record detailed wave-form data regardless of mode. In auto mode it records time, pressure, and event data.
Post Reply Post Reply

Sorry I just listed my main machine. I just picked up a Resmed S8 vantage and want to use it with Resscan. It's a shame Slepyhead won't support it.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks just what I needed to know. Will be talking to my Dr. soon about a new machine anyway.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Rescan & SleepyHead AHI VERY Different Steve Zoller 18 239 Yesterday, 09:59 AM
Last Post: Steve Zoller
  Rescan telang 1 372 09-06-2017, 08:01 PM
Last Post: pholynyk
  Interpreting Rescan or SleepyHead results armando.ntg 11 2,164 08-05-2017, 03:18 AM
Last Post: DeepBreathing
Wink Windows 10 Rescan will not read flash drive guargauantuanguUgGLE 3 618 02-10-2017, 07:12 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  Can you transfer computer data (Rescan or Sleepyhead) back to a SD Card? calcuttaman 6 597 01-26-2017, 08:33 AM
Last Post: AlanE
  Help with compliance report in Rescan calcuttaman 7 761 01-18-2017, 11:41 PM
Last Post: calcuttaman
  Rescan 5.7 does not recognize Dreamstation SD card jschenk 5 640 01-18-2017, 02:54 PM
Last Post: OpalRose