Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Sleepyhead problem
Sleepyhead problem
Hello, I have almost NO support from my sleep Dr. I have tried over the last few months to use SH, but it does not always show my data. Sometimes it will show a day or two and then nothing. I use my BIPAP every night. I unistalled SH and downloaded it again recently to see if that would make a difference. I suspect my SD card is at fault. Could that be the issue?  I am not great at using a computer but I can usually figure out what I need too. I can not use Encore as I have Windows 10. My machine is a PR Bipap System One S/T. I have been able to get into provider mode to change my settings and I really want to get my AHI to a five or below, but I need my AHI data. Is there any other way to read it? Any thoughts on what I can do to help myself?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Sleepyhead problem
1. Why can't you use Encore 2.2 with Win10? I do.
2. Maybe the SD card needs to be formatted in CPAP machine, and then should work well. If not, maybe it is really corrupted, so use another one. And always make backup copies of card to a hard disk (copy P-Series folder somewhere). It is not a bad habit to lock SD card before inserting to a computer, and of course unlock before putting it back to CPAP machine.

SH should work well. Provided it gets compliant data. This means sleeping sessions should last a certain time (see preferences).

Live long, vent proper Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
"Live long, vent proper"

heh. good one!
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-11-2018, 01:48 PM)Jeaninemarie Wrote: Hello, I have almost NO support from my sleep Dr. I have tried over the last few months to use SH, but it does not always show my data. Sometimes it will show a day or two and then nothing. I use my BIPAP every night. I unistalled SH and downloaded it again recently to see if that would make a difference. I suspect my SD card is at fault. Could that be the issue?  I am not great at using a computer but I can usually figure out what I need too. I can not use Encore as I have Windows 10. My machine is a PR Bipap System One S/T. I have been able to get into provider mode to change my settings and I really want to get my AHI to a five or below, but I need my AHI data. Is there any other way to read it? Any thoughts on what I can do to help myself?

Hi Jeaninemarie - Welcome

SD cards can easily go bad. With its low cost, it wouldn't hurt to pickup another one.    Any SD card, 2Gb up to 32Gb, should work.  Look for the best price.  Besides online stores, they can be found at most drug stores and big box stores.

Good luck!
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
and remember to slide the write protect tab to protect before reading the card with a pc, and back to "write" before putting it in the machine
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-11-2018, 04:45 PM)matthewb Wrote: and remember to slide the write protect tab to protect before reading the card with a pc, and back to "write" before putting it in the machine

Yep, good advice.  From our Wiki article on SD cards:

Quote:Card Locking Feature
On most SD memory cards, there is a sliding "lock" on the left side of the card. When moved downward to the "lock" position, data can be read from the card, but new data cannot be written to the card. When moved up to the "unlocked" position, data can be either read or written to the card. When used in conjunction with a data-recording CPAP machine, it is important to make certain that the SD card remains in the "unlocked" position so the machine can record patient data to the memory card.
[Image: SD_memory-lock.jpg]
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
yeah, i corrupted 6 months of data forgetting to do that, GRRR
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you so much! I had misunderstood what I read regarding Encore and windows 10. You inspired me to try the download and I did successfully! Thanks so much!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  problem downloading OSCAR SOFTWARE Bailey104 1 62 03-15-2024, 05:49 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  There's 1.5 years of data in my OSCAR, but now there's a problem Snackers 7 133 03-13-2024, 05:03 PM
Last Post: Snackers
  Problem Downloading Oscar 1.5.1 itchy365 5 526 10-17-2023, 11:16 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
Question Oscar installation problem [solved, see post #4] Bertrand 3 721 09-19-2023, 12:11 AM
Last Post: Bertrand
  OSCAR and Mac set up problem B. McKone 4 713 08-11-2023, 06:52 PM
Last Post: B. McKone
  Oscar Problem Dannobre 2 538 08-03-2023, 09:39 PM
Last Post: Dannobre
  Bmc paplink software link problem Psychotech 8 1,552 06-28-2023, 01:07 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.