Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

EncoreBasic unable to download data from device
EncoreBasic unable to download data from device
I am on a BiPAP Auto (System one series 60) model and using EncoreBasic v2.4.8.0. I was using it fine and was able to download all the data and view them in EncoreBasic with no issues.

One day my EncoreBasic just stopped being able to download the data. When I try to download the data it gives me the error "Unknown failure reading media - The card data is not valid and was not saved. Contact product support for assistance."

When I go to the Assign Card tab it says "The media belongs to current patient" but whenever I try to download it will still give me the card data is not valid error.

I have tried reinstalling EncoreBasic but I still get back the same error. I have also tried installing EncoreBasic on another computer and also got the same exact error.

I am also using Sleepyhead and it has no issues extracting the data and the data shown are up to date.

But I would really love to solve this issue so I can continue using EncoreBasic too. any help would be appreciated.

Thank you!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: EncoreBasic unable to download data from device
gonna need to bump this up again hopefully theres a solution after so long. I have copied data from the old sdcard to a new sdcard as the old sdcard lock/unlock plastic is gone. the new sdcard was able to record the new data on the cpap machine and I'm able to open it in sleepyhead but I am having the same issue in the first post for my encorebasic and now am unable to use it.
Post Reply Post Reply
I sometimes get this message if I have forgotten to properly dismount my SD card before removing it from the computer.  What works for me is to open the SD card up in the PC's file browser and when the PC complains, I let the PC "repair" the card, but not erase the card. Usually Encore then loads the card without any problems.

If that seems too risky, get another SD card and stick it into the PR xPAP machine.  The PR machines write all the data except for the flow rate data to internal memory, so you'll get all the usual data that is seen in Encore on the new card.  Then put the new card in the PC and try to read it into Encore.  If you still can't get the data to download into Encore, post a few screen shots of what happens when you try, and I should be able to do a bit more troubleshooting.

Using the PC to copy the files from one SD card to another one has never worked for me in terms of getting Encore to "read" the data that Encore is unwilling to read.
Questions about SleepyHead?  
See my Guide to SleepyHead
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-09-2016, 09:15 AM)tang Wrote: When I go to the Assign Card tab it says "The media belongs to current patient" but whenever I try to download it will still give me the card data is not valid error.
There are two separate issues:

1) The Assign Card stuff: Encore fusses about the card not being assigned to a current patient and you try to assign it ....   It turns out that Encore doesn't really care if the card is "assigned" to a patient or not.  Every time I use Encore to "assign" my card to me (as a patient), I get a "successful" message back, but the next time I download the data into Encore, I'm right back to "The media does not belong to a current patient" message.  I've learned that you don't have to assign the card before downloading the data, so I never worry about the Assign Card stuff anymore.

2) The "Data card is not valid" or "contains no valid information" or some such message.  This is kind of message you get when Encore simply won't read the card.  As I said in my previous post, the fixes that work for me are: (1) Allowing the PC to "fix" the card and (2) putting a brand new SD card into the PR xPAP machine and letting the xPAP write the data to the new card.
Questions about SleepyHead?  
See my Guide to SleepyHead
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question OK TO IMPORT SLEEP DATA FROM OLD SD CARD INTO OSCAR W/O MESSING UP CURRENT DATA? Plmnb 1 72 10 hours ago
Last Post: Ibrumley
  OSCAR Device Support xxxxqwe 9 224 03-18-2024, 05:59 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  OSCAR v1.5.2- error code 5, unable to write to data directory sleepynotion 2 106 03-18-2024, 12:09 PM
Last Post: sleepynotion
  CMS50F Oximeter Device not Recognized. ThinMountainAir 20 2,409 03-07-2024, 05:13 PM
Last Post: capman
  Oscar 1.5.1 - where to download cc0bc973 stanley61 4 197 02-26-2024, 02:11 PM
Last Post: stanley61
  Viatom/WellUE data is different than OSCAR displayed data GordK 3 289 02-23-2024, 04:48 PM
Last Post: GordK
  Data structure / data definition of AirSense 11 CD, CMSd50+ or OSCAR?hing obvious, … Perickson 4 1,628 02-18-2024, 01:49 PM
Last Post: Perickson

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.