Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Sleepyhead question
Sleepyhead question
Hello,
I am just getting started with this whole process of using a CPAP machine. I have had some good nights and some bad nights sleeping, not much different then before. However I do feel better during the day so I know there is hope.
I am using Sleepyhead to view my data and I am trying to understand the graphs. Attached is one from 2 nights ago. I did get up in the middle of the night so that is the gap however after that time the leak graph changed and the Resp Rate graph stopped. This has happen on other occasions also except it may be the second half that looks better . this night I used a FFM but I have since changed to a nasal mask and have seen the same thing but that graph had less leaks.
I am using a F&P ION auto set at 11.

Any ideas to what causes this?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Sleepyhead question
Hi BreathlessTom,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Hang in there and someone will be able to help you interpret your graph soon.
Best of luck to you with your CPAP therapy and don't give up, it will get better, it just takes time and can take lots of PATIENCE, the hardest part of the therapy is the mask..
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
How odd.

On the page with the graphs, the sidebar on the left, scroll down to see the "sessions". See if there are more than one, which there should be since you turned off the machine. Make sure the times are right and that there are no extras.

Have you also tried to re-download the data? Wait a day and do it again?

SleepyHead is supposed to be fine to use with the Icon.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
(09-06-2013, 05:28 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote: How odd.

On the page with the graphs, the sidebar on the left, scroll down to see the "sessions". See if there are more than one, which there should be since you turned off the machine. Make sure the times are right and that there are no extras.

Have you also tried to re-download the data? Wait a day and do it again?

SleepyHead is supposed to be fine to use with the Icon.

Reloading all the data changed the graph offset of the leak data on the left side of the graph back to zero like the right side. this also changed other days tat had similar graphs. But the only graphs that show up now is Event Flags, AHI, Leak, and Flow Limitations. I do have all the grahps selected. Resp. Rate, Tidal Volume, Minute Vent which did show up now do not expect for 1 day out of my 10 days of data. on that day the leak graph show an offset on the leak rate like the left side of the graph in my original post. Yup it is confusing.

How does the leak graph display normally? I would think that the leaks line (non total leaks ) would start at zero and the total leaks line would show the mask leak (32 to 37 or so) and then have the leaks added to that baseline.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Question about reading Sleepyhead/Oscar reports TheManseHen 3 1,076 04-28-2022, 12:32 AM
Last Post: Gideon
  Flow rate question and clock question The Rog 8 2,450 04-02-2018, 07:29 PM
Last Post: DeepBreathing
  SleepyHead Flow Rate Question Ron AKA 3 1,588 03-25-2018, 04:12 PM
Last Post: pholynyk
  sleepyhead and dreamstation question car54 3 1,375 03-14-2018, 08:48 AM
Last Post: Walla Walla
  Question about SleepyHead graphs nosleeptilbklyn 6 1,453 08-24-2017, 08:30 PM
Last Post: nosleeptilbklyn
  sleepyhead question Rastur 4 1,453 07-01-2017, 06:19 PM
Last Post: PaulaO2
  SleepyHead Data Question tiwaniuk 5 1,350 05-17-2017, 04:28 PM
Last Post: stanleydean

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.