Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Sleepyhead question - PC messages and mask leak
RE: Sleepyhead question
Actually Phyllis, the mystery message appears when you first launch the new "test" version of Sleepyhead.. It goes like this:

"The last time you used your ResMed AutoSet...
was last night (on Monday, October 13, 2014)
You had an AHI of 0.11, which is considered pretty darn good
You machine was on for 9 hours, 9 minutes and 2 seconds.
You had significant periods of major mask leakage.
Your pressure was under 13.24cmH2O for 95% of the time."

Note that it was not particularly pleased with my leak rate last night. Guess it's time to scrub up the old pillows...........
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-14-2014, 09:21 PM)PhyllisBalboa Wrote:
(10-14-2014, 06:13 PM)GrammaBear Wrote: I am technically challenged but somehow managed to download Sleepyhead. The following is the message that I saw on my PC.

The last time you used your ResMed AutoSet...
You had an AHI of 0.85, which is considered pretty darn good

OK, now this might be a very dumb question. Beyond GrammaBear's technical challenged status. But I have to ask it:

My PC never gives me a message about my Sleepyhead results. It never, ever says I've done 'PRETTY DARN GOOD'. I want that message. That exact message. With the DARN thrown in. What does it take to get it?

GrammaBear, tell the truth, were you just guessing what your machine might have said while it was having a conversation with Sleepyhead?

Please forgive me if I'm totally stupid right now. Sleep issues. I'm sure I'm the only one…

Oh-jeez

It's only available on certain systems using specific operating systems. You may have to upgrade to get that exact message.
If everyone thinks alike, then someone isn't thinking.
Everyone knows something, together we could know everything.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-14-2014, 09:21 PM)PhyllisBalboa Wrote: My PC never gives me a message about my Sleepyhead results. It never, ever says I've done 'PRETTY DARN GOOD'. I want that message. That exact message. With the DARN thrown in. What does it take to get it?

I just started getting those cheeky messages in the very latest version of Sleepyhead -- they cheer me up every morning, even when the message isn't so positive!
Post Reply Post Reply
Well, thank you everyone for the heads up on the new version and it's amazing conversational skills. At least I wasn't as dumb as I could have been.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Sleepyhead question - PC messages and mask leak
Have they pushed that new version yet or is it still in beta?
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-15-2014, 02:55 PM)Galactus Wrote: Have they pushed that new version yet or is it still in beta?

The new version is still in beta -- but freely available for testing.

Unfortunately this forum doesn't let us post direct links. Your best bet is to do a Google search for Sleepyhead v0.9.8-1

Back up your SleepyHeadData folder before even attempting to upgrade; once you upgrade SleepyHead's data folder, you can't use it in an older version without causing corruption.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-14-2014, 09:21 PM)PhyllisBalboa Wrote:
(10-14-2014, 06:13 PM)GrammaBear Wrote: I am technically challenged but somehow managed to download Sleepyhead. The following is the message that I saw on my PC.

The last time you used your ResMed AutoSet...
You had an AHI of 0.85, which is considered pretty darn good

OK, now this might be a very dumb question. Beyond GrammaBear's technical challenged status. But I have to ask it:

My PC never gives me a message about my Sleepyhead results. It never, ever says I've done 'PRETTY DARN GOOD'. I want that message. That exact message. With the DARN thrown in. What does it take to get it?

GrammaBear, tell the truth, were you just guessing what your machine might have said while it was having a conversation with Sleepyhead?

Please forgive me if I'm totally stupid right now. Sleep issues. I'm sure I'm the only one…

Oh-jeez

I have been told in my lifetime of 69 years so far, that the only 'stupid' question there is, is the one that is NOT asked. To answer your question: Yes, what I typed on this forum is what I saw on the screen of my PC. My machine must understand much more than I do, heck I didn't know it could even 'talk' Thinking-about

Post Reply Post Reply
(10-14-2014, 09:21 PM)PhyllisBalboa Wrote: OK, now this might be a very dumb question. But I have to ask it:

(10-14-2014, 06:13 PM)GrammaBear Wrote: I have been told in my lifetime of 69 years so far, that the only 'stupid' question there is, is the one that is NOT asked. To answer your question: Yes, what I typed on this forum is what I saw on the screen of my PC. My machine must understand much more than I do, heck I didn't know it could even 'talk' Thinking-about

Yeah, I've not asked that stupid question many times, but this time all pride was lost. So in your way of looking at it, I was pretty smart. Nice! I need all the props I can get at this point.

Anyway, it's nice to know our PCs and Sleepyhead are not in cahoots, gossiping about us.

Post Reply Post Reply
(10-15-2014, 03:05 PM)calusa Wrote:
(10-15-2014, 02:55 PM)Galactus Wrote: Have they pushed that new version yet or is it still in beta?

The new version is still in beta -- but freely available for testing.

Unfortunately this forum doesn't let us post direct links. Your best bet is to do a Google search for Sleepyhead v0.9.8-1

Back up your SleepyHeadData folder before even attempting to upgrade; once you upgrade SleepyHead's data folder, you can't use it in an older version without causing corruption.

Thanks for the answer.

Just so you know we can't post links to commercial sites, but the sleepyhead link is on the top of the forum page, so it's very easy to find.
Post Reply Post Reply
Or, just as an option, you could go here: http://www.sleepfiles.com/SH/index.html?TestingVersions
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Mouth leak with new machine LaraM 0 31 7 hours ago
Last Post: LaraM
  Airsense 10 - AHI account for leak rate? FriedRice 9 239 Yesterday, 06:16 AM
Last Post: FriedRice
  AirSense 10 leak rate baseline issue Phil7 6 1,411 03-25-2024, 05:49 AM
Last Post: FriedRice
  flow rate and leak rate question sleepingbetterinFl 0 90 03-21-2024, 11:28 AM
Last Post: sleepingbetterinFl
  Fixed mask leak, but flow limit seems to be increasing AHI emile.leplattenier 3 142 03-19-2024, 11:00 AM
Last Post: staceyburke
  Large leak panic sleepingbetterinFl 3 153 03-19-2024, 07:48 AM
Last Post: sleepingbetterinFl
  Please, need help reading the leak rate and LL info chronic 4 135 03-18-2024, 08:05 AM
Last Post: chronic

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.