Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Sleepyhead quit opening after early June update
Sleepyhead quit opening after early June update
Clicking either the shortcut icon or the ".exe" file  does not evoke any response that can be seen as a running/starting process using Task Manager. There is nothing.

My SH was installed in fall of 2015. I'm not certain any updates have been applied. This is my first SH problem.

I recall but can't find a recent  post that reported a SH problem after W10 updated (about 6/1/17). Please help with a suggestion or point me toward the earlier thread. 

I think Mark Watkins indicated he would not adapt SH to certain new features of W 10--possibly for 64 bit computers (which I have). For that reason I have not (yet) tried reinstalling.

OFF-POINT APPRECIATION:
Thanks to applying expertise in this forum I've migrated from high AHI and high leak--little restful  sleep--land to frequent zero and near zero night land. The latest application was trying the cervical collar and getting a perfect flat-line zero leakage except for the last minutes as I awoke. I am a recovering mouth breather using the P10, Lansinoh, Silipos Gel-E Roll (a mouth sealing compress) and, now, the collar. No more FFM and over the head chinstraps! But tongue training continues in efforts to avoid balloon cheeks and aerophagia.

My pressure curves are like plots of the heights of flow limit bar maxima. The pressure range is set about 0.2 cm below recent months' minimum sleeping pressure and pressure only drops that low, briefly, while awake. The upper limit is reached only a time or two a week. The settings reflect a member's rule of thumb more in the upper limit than in my sightly lower lower limit; to set trial pressure round the (90%?)  limit up and add 2 cm; then round the (90%?) down and deduct 2cm. There are very few OSAs that escape APAP pre-emption by my 9.6-15.0 range.
I have no particular qualifications or expertise with respect to the apnea/cpap/sleep related content of my posts beyond my own user experiences and what I've learned from others on this site. Each of us bears the burden of evaluating the validity and applicability of what we read here before acting on it.  

Of my 3 once-needed, helpful, and adjunctive devices I have listed, only the accelerometer remains operative (but now idle). My second CMS50I died, too, of old age and the so-so Dreem 2 needs head-positioning band repair--if, indeed, Dreem even supports use of it now.

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Sleepyhead quit opening after early June update
You might try reinstalling the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistribution Files. To be safe, you will need to install both the 32 and 64 bit versions. When you go to their site it will sense that you are running a 64 bit system and try to only give you that version.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thankyou CrimsonNape,

Do I install those ++ installs one after the other or do the 32 bit install first, re-establish SH, then install the 64 bit? I'm in over my head here. Does the system select which it needs after both are installed?

2SB
I have no particular qualifications or expertise with respect to the apnea/cpap/sleep related content of my posts beyond my own user experiences and what I've learned from others on this site. Each of us bears the burden of evaluating the validity and applicability of what we read here before acting on it.  

Of my 3 once-needed, helpful, and adjunctive devices I have listed, only the accelerometer remains operative (but now idle). My second CMS50I died, too, of old age and the so-so Dreem 2 needs head-positioning band repair--if, indeed, Dreem even supports use of it now.

Post Reply Post Reply
It can be one after the other.  I would advise you to reboot your computer after updating the C++ packages.    Leave SH alone, unless you have removed it.

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Will an OSCAR update ever be released? guzzle 3 222 03-07-2024, 07:17 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Oscar doesn't update settings kappak 1 311 01-19-2024, 01:31 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Oscar Update? Fixit50 7 603 01-12-2024, 12:01 AM
Last Post: Fixit50
  Oscar Quit Working stillsleepy2 19 1,235 01-11-2024, 04:59 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  How do I update my weight in Oscar alexwatt 2 468 10-20-2023, 06:12 PM
Last Post: alexwatt
Information Resvent iMatrix Software & Firmware Update for iBreeze machines SuperSleeper 1 1,408 10-13-2023, 08:16 AM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  OSCAR stuck on opening kenhh 2 588 10-06-2023, 02:49 PM
Last Post: Jeff8356

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.