Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Sleepyhead - reporting periodic breathing/CSR
Sleepyhead - reporting periodic breathing/CSR
I have a question that I hope someone can answer. When I use Sleepyhead software, my Periodic Breathing/CSR results are exactly half of what my PR560 machine reports. These Sleepyhead results are also half of what my results show in Encore Pro 2. So, my results in Sleepyhead are off by 50%. I have checked the Preferences section, but it doesn't appear that I can adjust anything. It is not a hardware issue. I have the same results on my desktop and laptop.

Any suggestions?

Thanks ...
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Sleepyhead - reporting periodic breathing/CSR
Can you post the data from both Sleepy Head and Encore Pro? That's the only way anybody can help you out.
Questions about SleepyHead?  
See my Guide to SleepyHead
Post Reply Post Reply
Here are the links from last night. I can't understand why the Sleepyhead results are always half of what my machine (PR560) and Encore Pro 2 show in their reports. It is like this every night.

http://imgur.com/VxgtcDp

http://imgur.com/hJtNZYT

Thanks so much ...

Post Reply Post Reply
It might be a SH bug.

Can you click on the Events tab in SH and then open up the list of Periodic Breathing/CSR periods? The (approximate) length in seconds of each PB/CSR period should be listed under the Events tab. It's also worth checking to see if the PB/CSR episodes are listed twice in the Events list. As I recall a 2-3 years ago there was a serious SH bug that double counted all events under certain bizarre circumstances. But that bug was fixed a few weeks after it was discovered. Still, if each PB/CSR episode is listed twice under the Events Tab, my best guess is that you've discovered a bug that's important enough to report---if you are using SH 1.0. If you're still using SH 0.9.8-1, then I'd download the SH 1.0-beta and see if that fixes the problem.

If the PB/CSR episodes are not duplicated in the Events tab, then we can use those numbers to figure out what SH is doing. It's also reasonable to zoom in on the flow rate data and scroll through it to make sure that the time stamps on the PB/CSR episodes in the left side bar agree with the beginning and end of each episode in the flow rate data.

There is a (very) slim chance that the problem is a bug in Encore. But there's no good way to determine that. The only way to figure out what Encore is using to compute the % time in PB figure is to plow through the 10 pages of flow rate data, but that's only available IF you downloaded this day the next morning and Encore saved the Flow Rate data.
Post Reply Post Reply
Robysue,

I'm using Sleepyhead 9.8.1 I will wait until 1.0 beta has been in use for awhile before I transition over.

Yours was a very thorough answer ... I will give it a try.

Thanks so much.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-31-2016, 10:54 AM)xdocgx Wrote: I have a question that I hope someone can answer. When I use Sleepyhead software, my Periodic Breathing/CSR results are exactly half of what my PR560 machine reports. These Sleepyhead results are also half of what my results show in Encore Pro 2. So, my results in Sleepyhead are off by 50%.

it's a bug, try the beta.
Post Reply Post Reply
It's in the beta too.
Post Reply Post Reply
Since this is likely a SleepyHead bug, I've moved the thread to the Software Support Forum.

SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
(04-01-2016, 08:53 PM)tmoody Wrote: It's in the beta too.
Can you look under the Events tab in SH and see if each of the PB episodes is listed twice? If so, then it really is a SH bug and should be reported as such.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-02-2016, 07:35 AM)robysue Wrote:
(04-01-2016, 08:53 PM)tmoody Wrote: It's in the beta too.
Can you look under the Events tab in SH and see if each of the PB episodes is listed twice? If so, then it really is a SH bug and should be reported as such.

They are not listed twice. However, any PBs listed in Events as less than 60 seconds duration show up in the graph as zero seconds, when you hover the cursor over it. I guess that's a separate bug.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Multiple machine reporting briano52 2 475 10-19-2023, 11:59 PM
Last Post: briano52
  Confused regarding AirSense 11 data reporting markcs 13 1,740 08-28-2023, 02:34 PM
Last Post: Gideon
  Develop Resmed Reporting via Bluetooth, Apple Health degrees89 6 1,480 12-23-2022, 04:29 AM
Last Post: degrees89
  reporting time 4Eversleepy 4 862 07-09-2022, 03:29 PM
Last Post: 4Eversleepy
  ? inconsistency in reporting vibratory snores Dr.Bob 6 1,017 05-04-2022, 08:23 AM
Last Post: sawinglogz
  Oscar not reporting correct climate control? [resolved, will be fixed in 1.1.1] allanri 6 1,566 01-16-2022, 12:00 AM
Last Post: midwestguy
  Z1/Z2 [reporting software] unidee 12 2,462 10-12-2021, 09:40 AM
Last Post: sleepypapy

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.